It’s nearly Halloween and the witching hour approaches in Call Of Duty Mobile. COD Mobile Season 9 2021 update has been named Nightmare and is just a few moments away and we’ve got the early overview on the next major patch update. This season will bring for the players a set of two new maps, the return of Undead Siege, the Trick or Treat-themed event, a brand-new Battle Pass, and more.
COD Mobile Season 9 2021: Battle Pass
Season 9 is packed with horror-themed content in a brand-new Battle Pass, including free and premium items like new Operators, a new functional weapon, Weapon Blueprints, Calling Cards, Charms, Call of Duty Points, and more. COD Mobile’s Season 8 Battle Pass ends on Thursday, October 20th, 2021. The new Battle Pass will be available from October 21st, 2021 at 8 AM PDT (tentative) alongside the rest of the update. This battle pass, just like the previous battle passes will consist of four epic characters and some epic weapons.
Battle Pass Free Tiers
At Tier 14 in the COD Mobile Nightmare update, players will be able to unlock the new Tak-5 Operator Skill. This operator skill will have the ability in the heat of battle to heal your team and top them up with extra health. Also, players will get the new Swordfish functional weapon at Tier 21. Moreover, other free tier items include the Striker — Covenant, the Charm — Cymbalism, and more.
New weapon: Thumper
It is a single-shot grenade launcher with an iron sight. Players can aim-down-sight and accurately launch a grenade towards the oncoming enemy. It is famous for clearing out stacks of enemies from hills and flags in respawn matches. The Thumper has a starting magazine capacity of four grenades without the Vulture perk equipped.
New Assault Rifle: Swordfish
It is a Four-round burst-fire rifle with long-range, low damage attenuation, and strong lethal ability in one burst. Moreover, it can adapt to full-range combat. Custom Long-Sword Mag is attached which replaces a four-round burst with a five-round burst, decreasing recoil and bullet spread, but increasing the difficulty of killing enemies in one burst.
Premium Pass Tiers
Get the Battle Pass in the COD Mobile Nightmare update, for the chance to earn all of the content available in the Nightmare stream. Terrify your foes with Halloween-themed Operators like Artery — Nosferatu, Rott —Tomb Bound, Iskra — Arachnis, and Nikto — Scarecrow. Also, players will get the frightening Weapon Blueprints like the Epic Swordfish MK2, PP19 Bizon — Haunted Haystack, Peacekeeper — Spine Rattle, and more.
COD Mobile Season 9 2021: Multiplayer
The Halloween-themed Standoff map was first introduced last year. It is the only map that can be played in the darkness of the night. Players will get to play their favorite modes on this classic Halloween map which will be available for a limited time in Season 9 2021.
Hovec Sawmill is a multiplayer map featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that was released as part of Season Three’s content for the game. The map is set in a rural village in Kastovia which has been deserted based on its war-torn state. The village features a sawmill in the middle of the map which has caught fire and almost collapsed during the siege from Al-Qatala. The village also includes a local butchery, a beekeeper’s area, and a vegetable farm. Just like Standoff, this map will also be featuring in the game as a Halloween-themed map.
New Operator Skill: TAK-5
The TAK-5 is the new Operator Skill coming in Season 9 of COD Mobile, that will heal the user and their teammates, while also giving them 50 extra health during the battles.
New Tactical Weapon: Flash Drone
The Flash Drone Tactical Weapon acts as a long-range flashbang. Players take charge of a drone that will completely blind enemies it comes into contact with. Devs said that it can be released at a distance “of about 15 meters” and has a range of “about 20 meters.”
New Multiplayer Mode: Drop Zone
In this new mode, first introduced in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, teams will have to battle for dominance over a designated drop zone that rotates throughout the match. The only way to earn Scorestreaks is by holding the zone, prompting care packages to drop onto the map, and will offer a variety of armaments. Moreover, your team also earns more points for each player in the zone.
COD Mobile Season 9 2021: Battle Royale
New Class – Pumped
With this new class, you can get the jump on your rivals. The new Pumped class provides strong aerial mobility through the use of a nitrogen-powered jetpack. This class will feature both an Active skill and a Passive skill.
The Active Skill named Power Jump will greatly increase the amount of gas injection and nitrogen recovery speed. Holding the jump button increases height while consuming nitrogen. Moreover, the Hip fire and ADS are available while airborne and can also be canceled into Wingsuit mode. The Passive Skill named Pump Up will let you gain the jet jumping ability and multiple jumps consume nitrogen. Also, shooting in the air increases spread, reducing accuracy.
Undead Siege returns along with other limited-time Halloween Modes
Get ready to fight off the undead once again when Season 9 Nightmare update arrives in COD Mobile with a new Halloween-inspired Undead Siege on Isolated. Face off against more zombie types in casual mode, like the Warden, the Heavy Gunner, and the Pulverizer, and try your luck in the new daytime escort quest.
- Map Adjustments: The mobile base location on Isolated has been adjusted.
- New Mission: Escort Mission – Dempsey is in danger while collecting aether crystals. Escort him and the truck full of aether crystals back to base!
- Zombie Skill Adjustments
- Pulverizer – The Pulverizer’s ground thumping skill can now knock players into the air.
- Heavy Gunner- The Heavy Gunner’s stomp can now temporarily disable turrets.
- Undead Siege Collection: A collection of zombies and turret related easter eggs, stories, and more is now available! Unlock these by completing tasks.
Also, players will get to compete in 10v10 Pumpkin Confirmed and in the Battle Royale experience Isolated at night, plus new zombie scares in Blackout.
Clan Wars Updates
The Season 9 Nightmare update of COD Mobile doesn’t have a brand-new Clan Wars season, but it does come with a variety of important changes to the system. First, the currency will be reset to zero, and Store items, as of this season, will start to rotate out! But not to worry, it will be easier to obtain these items this season and in upcoming ones with significantly increased Clan Wars currency rewards.
Multiplayer and Battle Royale
- CR-56 AMAX – M67 Ammo: Reduced range: Short range distance reduced from 36m to 30. Medium range distance reduced from 51m to 42.5m. Reduced the damage to upper arms from 62 to 48. Slightly increased vertical recoil
- Developers’ Comment: After the recent overall adjustments to semi-automatic rifles, the strength of this loadout remains quite strong. With high damage to the upper body, long range and extremely low recoil, one can eliminate opponents with 2 shots in most cases. The range has been adjusted, upper arm damage and recoil to bring this closer in line with other weapons.
- M13: ADS Movement Speed increased from 0.6 to 0.65. Reload time reduced from 3s to 2.5s. MP Basic Bullet Speed increased from 600 to 900. Heavy Long Barrel: Movement Speed adjusted from -4% to -2%. 300 RTC 30 Round Reload: Replaced bullet speed increase with silencer effect. ADS Speed adjusted from -8% to -3%. 300 RTC Double Stack 40 Round Reload: Replaced bullet speed increase with silencer effect New Effect: Reload Speed +10%Movement Speed adjusted from -2% to -1%. Fixed an issue where the M13 did not receive the general accuracy improvement in Battle Royale.
- Developers’ Comment: The M13 positions itself as a strong mid-range weapon, but many of its advantages are lost when using attachments. The basic bullet speed and mobility has been optimized, and reduced the negative effects of related attachments so that the M13 can better take advantage of the mid-range game.
- KN44: Reduce the basic horizontal recoilInitial hipfire bullet spread reduced by 13%. Increased damage to arms from 26 to 28. Increased damage to chest from 28 to 31. Increased damage to head from 31 to 33. OWC Marksman:Vertical Recoil adjusted from -3.2% to -8%. OWC Ranger: Vertical Recoil adjusted from -3.2% to -6%. MIP Strike Stock:Vertical Recoil adjusted from -3.2% to -8%
- Developers’ Comment: KN44’s TTK seemed better on paper than in practice. Unpredictable ballistics and large horizontal recoil limit the performance of the actual TTK. The level of recoil has been adjusted to ensure basic accuracy, increased upper body damage, and improved the ability to shoot upwards. Hip fire accuracy has also been improved to enhance performance during close-range encounters.
- Chopper: Short range distance without any attachment adjusted from 10 to 14.
- Developers’ Comment: Chopper’s sprint-to-fire delay and recoil curve, and short range has put it at a disadvantage when compared to other strong machine guns. The short range effectiveness has been increased to improve close-to mid range performance and suppression capabilities.
- UL736: Base damage adjusted from 25-22-20-19 to 28-24-20-19. Movement Speed adjusted from 1.04 to 1.06. ADS Time adjusted from 0.448 to 0.450. Round Reload: Movement Speed adjusted from -1% to -1.5%. 60 Round Reload: Movement Speed adjusted from -1.5% to -2.5%
- Developers’ Comment: With only 30 rounds of base ammunition, UL736 is the most mobile machine gun and makes up for a longer TTK with maneuverability. The damage of the first two ranges has been increased to improve performance in BR.
- S36: Reduced recoil when not using any attachments
- Developers’ Comment:The recoil curve of the S36 has always been difficult to control. The horizontal recoil in particular has a significant impact on accuracy when firing. The recoil Curve has been adjusted to improve control during continuous fire.
Battle Royale only
- MX9: Base Damage adjusted from 30-24-16-15 to 25-21-18-16.
- Developers’ Comment: With its high base damage, MX9 packs a surprising punch in close combat. The base damage has been lowered while adjusting the precision hit multiplier so that precision hits remain unchanged.
- SKS: Starting vertical recoil increased by 50%. Bullet spread during continuous fire increased by 35% after the first shot Fixed an issue where SKS fired hitscan instead of projectile.
- Developers’ Comment: SKS is extremely stable in BR, even without mods. Combined with its high rate of fire and high damage, it is proving to be too strong at medium and long range distances. The base recoil has been optimized along with the bullet spread, retaining its power with mods equipped but greatly limiting suppression power of continuous fire.
- SAM Turret: Increased explosion damage from 198 to 385. Reduced point cost from 850 to 660
- Developers’ Comment: The devs have adjusted the lock-on time of FHJ-18, thus the player air defense capabilities have become much weaker. Also there will be adjustments to the SAM Turret to compensate for this.
- Swarm: Increased the number of drones from 4 to 6. Also, the number of drones have been increased to improve Swarm’s cost-effectiveness.
- Napalm: Reduced point cost from 1500 to 1190The point cost to improve Napalm’s cost-effectiveness has been increased.
- Lightning Strike: Reduced point cost from 1050 to 850. Increased explosion range of missiles from 10m to 15m. The devs have reduced the point cost and improved missile explosion range to improve Lightning Strike’s cost-effectiveness.
When will COD Mobile Season 9 2021 start
The new season is expected to commence on October 21st, 2021 and the battle pass season will begin on October 22nd, 2021. We hope you enjoy season 9 2021 of Call of Duty Mobile!
We hope you find this COD Mobile Season 9 2021 about the NIghtmare update article helpful. Then, please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below, we’ll make sure to reply to everyone.