Epic Games is already planning for the annual Fortnitemares 2022 event as the summer Fortnite event draws to an end. Players will have access to exclusive new attractions and cosmetics as part of this celebration of the spookiest time of the year, which is guaranteed to make it better than ever.
Fortnite has urged players to create and contribute new spooky levels that will be featured during the Fortnitemares 2022 event in order to build up to the big event. However, Epic cautions that this year’s choices won’t be satisfied by old scares. Players are urged to use the more recent tools, such as the Level Instance gadget and the Prop Manipulator, instead.
Fortnitemares 2022 Island design guidelines
Here are some of the guidelines for Fortnite island design in Fortnitemares 2022:
- Every year, a sizable number of new Fortnite players join Fortnitemares. Make sure your island is easy to navigate and understand so that new players can truly sink their fangs into it to help entice them to your islands.
- Old scares simply don’t terrify as effectively as they once did, so be sure to utilize the new 2022 additions to the mechanics and devices. Create frightful caves with the Level Instance tool, deliver jittery haunted houses with the Prop Manipulator, and push your guests to leap, slide, and mantle over barriers to avoid all the frightening monsters and other imaginative creatures you can come up with.
- With eliminations, be imaginative. Have your players perish at the hands of zombies, become lost in a maze during a storm, and die in other imaginative ways. Even if games don’t always revolve around eliminations, add some drama and intrigue to your island.
- Bring the spooky vibe to your Fortnite island in any way you can, but don’t be afraid to give Fortnitemares 2022 your own unique touch. Zombie Dance Party, Haunted Houses, and Creepy Corn Mazes are always entertaining, but you can adapt and remix them to create the Fortnite nightmare of your dreams! Be original in your writing and design to increase your chances of being featured.
Fortnitemares 2022 callout criteria
Here are the callout criteria for Fortnitemares 2022:
- Only one island per creator will be accepted.
- Make sure your island is on the theme.
- Make sure your island follows the specified Fortnitemares theme.
- We’re looking for high-quality experiences.
- Fully functional islands that use devices well, set effective boundaries and are highly polished make for a better player experience. (And they make your island more likely to be featured!)
- Prioritize innovation (must use newer devices).
- Boundary-pushing and never-before-seen designs will certainly grab our attention.
- Each submission requires a video overview.
- Submission videos must show a fly-through of the entire island as well as one round of gameplay.
- Submissions must be new islands.
- Any island considered for featuring must be a brand new island published during the callout period.
- Promotional trailers are encouraged.
- Including a captivating promotional trailer for your island is not required but highly encouraged. (Submission overview videos are, however, required.)
Even though Fortnite hasn’t yet accepted entries for these islands, it is encouraging artists to start making their spookiest works yet for Fortnitemares 2022. There isn’t much time left before the current season of Fortnite ends and the fall season kicks off, so players will probably be able to submit their islands in the next week or two.
Are you excited about the Fortnitemares 2022 event in Fortnite? Let us know in the comments below!