Free Fire has been fixing many bugs and bringing new characters, new game modes, and new guns for making battle-royale fun, maintaining balanced gameplay. Garena has added new characters and made a few tweaks on a few weapons, to make the game balanced and fun. Here are the detailed patch notes from the Free Fire OB33 Update or the Heroes Arise update.
New Character: Kenta
Kenta will be the Shield of the team which lowers damage taken. Kenta will be your team’s most reliable backup. When activating his skill Swordsman’s Wrath, he puts the gun down and generates a shield before him.
Teammates behind his shield will benefit from its partial damage negation. Kenta is a great front-line Character and will be sure to help your team break through heavy fire. Remember to follow in his footsteps!
Kenta’s Active skill: Swordsman’s Wrath
Swordsman’s Wrath forms a frontal shield of 5m width that reduces 50% weapon damage coming from the front. Lasts for 2/3/3.5/4/4.5/5s and resets after firing a shot. Cooldown: 210/200/190/180/170/160s.
Free Fire OB33 Update: Character Balance Changes and Updates
A124 disables enemy skills and interrupts their interaction countdowns. Garena has reworked A124’s skill, giving great power to her ability to interrupt. Any skills and countdowns will be stopped by her powerful skill zone. When you see those enemies hiding behind gloo walls and healing, get ready to give them a pleasant surprise!
Thrill of Battle
This active skill now unleashes an 8m electromagnetic wave that disables enemies’ skill activation and interrupts their interaction countdown. Lasts for 20/22/24/26/28/30 seconds. Cooldown: 100/90/80/70/60/50 seconds.
With Nikita, Reload speed is no longer affected by gun types. SMG causes more damage when in its last shots. Nikita’s performance was really held back by the limitation of gun types, so we made sure to freshen that up. Garena also increased her damage if using an SMG, making her last 6 shots extra powerful. An outstanding agent makes sure no bullet goes to waste.
Reload speed increased by 14/16/18/20/22/24%. For SMGs, the final 6 rounds of the clip deal 10/12/14/16/18/20% more damage.
Steffie now blocks grenades and restores armor durability. Steffie’s skills no longer offered enough support to her teammates. In this patch, we reworked her skill so that in her skill range, damage from explosives is nullified, and armor durabilities are restored. You can finally paint n’ protect with her!
Create a 4m area that blocks throwables. Allies in the area will restore 10% armor durability every second and ammo damage is taken from enemies will reduce by 10/12/14/16/18/20%. Lasts for 10/11/12/13/14/15s. Cooldown: 115/110/105/100/95/90 seconds. Effects do not stack.
Now Caroline has a faster movement speed carrying shotguns. Caroline’s Movement Speed bonuses weren’t prevalent enough when affected by equipment. We buffed her in that regard, making her easier to gap close and initiate close-ranged battles.
When holding a shotgun, movement speed increases by 3/4/5/6/7/8% -> 6/7/8/9/11/13%
Now Otho has a Wider vision after kills. Garena felt that Otho’s skill didn’t receive enough strategic emphasis. We extended his visual field, making it easier to perceive potential danger.
After eliminating an enemy, the positions of other enemies within 25/30/35/40/45/50m -> 25/35/45/55/65/75m of the elimination spot will be revealed. Info will be shared with teammates for
4s -> 6s.
Now, Rafael has Faster bleeding speed when knocking down enemies. The devs have limited Rafael’s skill to effect enemies shot by Snipers and Marksman Rifles only but increased its bleeding speed. A true killer always goes under the radar.
When using Snipers and Marksman Rifles, firing sound is silenced and successful shots can cause enemies to bleed 20/23/27/32/38/45% -> 40/50/60/70/80/90% faster.
The Help-up speed and HP recovery have been increased. Thiva’s skill has been underwhelming for support players. The devs have packed a bit more punch to his rescues, hoping to bring him back into the meta.
Rescue (help-up) speed increases by 10/13/16/19/22/25% -> 15/18/21/24/27/30%. Upon a successful rescue, the user recovers 15/20/25/30/35/40HP -> 25/30/35/40/45/50HP in 5s.
Free Fire OB33 Update: New Weapons and Weapon Balance Changes
New Weapon: G36
The new weapon G36, paired with the unique firing mode switch feature, offers an all-encompassing experience, sufficiently covering the needs for short-ranged and mid-ranged battles both.
- Switch firing mode: G36 toggles between Assault, short-ranged mode and Range, mid-ranged mode
- Assault stats:
- Base Damage: 26
- Rate of Fire: 0.096
- Magazine: 30
- Range stats:
- Base Damage: 33
- Rate of Fire: 0.15
- Magazine: 30
- Assault stats:
Free Fire OB33 Update: Battle Royale changes
New In-game Missions
Can’t find any enemies insight? Don’t know what to do before the next zone shrink? Accept special in-game missions that put your stealth and skills to the test. Complete these goals within the time limit and receive exciting rewards!
- Hit List missions: Purchase from the Vending Machine using FF Coins. Eliminate target within time limit.
- Supply Run missions: Obtain for free on the map. Reach specified location within time limit.
Ultimate Weapons now upgradable
All Ultimate Weapons are upgradeable now(3 stages) using the Upgrade Chip, except for airdrop ones. Weapons upgradable via the Upgrade Chip:
Free Fire OB33 Update: Optimizatios and Improvements
Introducing a scoring system for players’ convenience and visibility with their account statuses.
The devs have long believed that Survivors who give a helping hand and keep their attitudes positive should be recognized and honored, and rightfully so, those who flame and quit should be punished. So the devs are proud to announce that our vision is now a reality.”
- Accounts that have been reported and verified to intentionally throw the game, AFK, force quit, or are verbally abusive will have 1-4 points deducted, while frequent abusers will face extra score deduction.
- A perfect score unlocks valuable prizes, while a score lower than 90 suggests a ban from CS-Ranked, that lower than 80 suggests a ban from BR-Ranked.
- Playing games with good behavior will earn 1-2 credit points per game.
- Will be available 3/25 11:00 GMT+8
Report System Improvements
Reporting is made more efficient, and report responses are more trackable
Garena strives to keep a healthy gaming environment in Free Fire, and now every player can participate in that. The devs believe that toxicity should not be tolerated anywhere within the game, hence they now deliver the following expansions.
- You can now report another player in your match history page.
- You can now report another player in CS mode scoreboards.
- Added new reasons for reporting.
- Optimized in-game mail report response, now you can track your report progress.
In-Game Voice Chat Reporting Feature
Now you may report inappropriate voice chat calls.
Garena realized that when a toxic player decides to flame their teammates in voice chat, there’s not much their teammates can do beyond muting. The voice chat reporting feature is now available. Those who violate community guidelines will face a VC mute punishment and a credit score reduction.
- To protect your privacy, the detection will only take place if a report is sent.
- Added a new feature to the current mute button where you can report selected player(s) on the spot.
- Once verbal harassment is verified, the player faces a mute punishment, and a credit score reduction.
- Will be available March 25th 11:00 GMT+8
Get free Characters with Link system
Players can now obtain free Characters by playing games in any mode. As Characters and their skills have become a fundamental part of our gameplay, Garena has come to realize the importance of making Characters more accessible. Now, all existing Characters are available through the Link system for free! Say goodbye to paying for Characters!
- Players may only link with one Character at a time.
- There’s a limit to the LINK points players get per day.
- Players may give their LINK progress an extra boost with coins (limited per day).
- All Characters prior to this patch update will be included in the LINK system.
- Price cut in Character lvl-ups and skill slots unlockings:
- Reduced Character Fragments needed for leveling up: (See in 1st form below)
- Reduced the costs for unlocking skill slots: (See in 2nd form below)
|Leveling Up||Current||After Patch|
|Unlocking skill slots||Current||After Patch|
|Slot 1||50 Diamonds/2,000 Coins||40 Diamonds/2000 Coins|
|Slot 2||75 Diamonds/5,000 Coins||75 Diamonds/3750 Coins|
|Slot 3||125 Diamonds/10,000 Coins||125 Diamonds/6250 Coins|
The visual effects when executing the new Quadra Kill Animation have been enhanced. So now nobody say no to a grand effect for your marvelous ACE in the game.
In this patch, Garena has pushed for a clearer range differentiation among weapons, hoping to really emphasize their specialties. Do remember to take the changes into consideration when switching weapons. Let us all be weapon masters.
- M4A1: Effective range -4%
- SCAR: Effective range +5%
- M249: Effective range -3%
- FAMAS: Effective range -2%
- XM8: Effective range +5%
- AN94: Effective range +4%
- AUG: Effective range +6%
- PARAFAL: Effective range +5%
- Kar98k：Gun switch time +20%
- UMP: Effective range -3%, movement speed when firing -10%, stability -7%
- MP5: Effective range -10%, damage +10%,
- VSS: Effective range -15%
- MP40：Stability +15%, movement speed when carrying +15%, movement speed when firing +10%
- Thompson: Effective range -3%
- Mini Uzi: Effective range -8%
- MAC10: Effective range -4%
- M1014: Effective range -16%, reload speed +30%
- M1873: Effective range -15%
- SPAS12: Effective range -8%, reload speed +10%
- M1887: Effective range -12%, damage +8%, movement speed when carrying +5%
- MAG-7: Effective range -15%, damage +4%, stability +10%
- Charge Buster: Effective range -10%, damage +5%
- M1887-X: Added new muzzle accessory slots
Also, now Players may toggle and customize vibrations in the settings page as the in-game Vibration Feedbacks are now available for the players.
Custom Room Enhancements
New Features are available in Custom Room. Ever wished for a faster-paced battle and hoped the zone would shrink quicker? Ever called for a rescue but teammates were preoccupied? New features are now available in the customs room. Hit up a couple of friends and go nuts!
- Auto Revival feature now available in BR mode. When turned on, players with enough FF Coins will be automatically revived.
- Customize the damage and speed of the play zone in BR mode.
- Normal Room Cards now unlock CS Shop and item pricing customization features
Post-Game Results Enhancements
The post-game results page now displays more data and stats. Damage and kills are not entirely indicative of a player’s contribution to the team. Starting from this patch, devs are going to gradually introduce a collection of stats in your results page, including but not limited to: assists, knock-downs, heal, revives. Garena further encourage players to switch roles in their teams, for every role is equally crucial to victory.
- Post-game results page now includes a data sheet for players wanting to take a closer look
- Revive/Rescues/Assists/Knockdowns are only available in multiplayer mode
- Revive stats are only available in BR mode
Post-Game Loot Enhancements
New post-game results page. Devs have revamped the UI for your Memory Fragments and LINK status page, making it easier for you to track their progress. If you’ve collected enough Memory Fragments and are ready for a level-up, simply click on the button in the results page. Garena has also also increased the overall drop rates of Memory Fragments, giving your Character lvl-ups a bit of a boost.
- Post-game results page now shows your Memory Fragment progress
- Post-game results page now shows your LINK progress
- Post-game results page now supports one-click Character lvl-ups
- Drop rates now significantly increase with your first few games of the day
Resource Download Center Expansions
Reworks in regards to web page layout and user experience. As the game grows denser and richer, oversized packages have become an inconvenience for some players. In this patch, devs have uploaded various resources to our Download Center, giving players the freedom to download per choice. Meanwhile, Garena re-organized the web page UI, making navigation far easier than before.
- New web page layouts
- Optimized notifications for DLC resources
- Moved the following resources to Download Center:
- Training Grounds
- Lone Wolf
- FF coins now shows up on HUD display in BR mode
- Your death location will be shown on map to let you quickly get equipments after revival in BR mode
- Airdrop vending machine can be accessed from all angles
- Minimap now prioritizes the display of vending machine revival points over player locations
- Optimized Healing Weapon interactions. Players may now easily recognize low-health teammates, who will be blinking with a red light on your team list
- The effectiveness of Healing Weapon reduces as players are exposed to the play zone for a longer period of time
- Exact number of stars for Master is now shown in in-game scoreboards
- Player info displays longer in CS loading screen, also added a new loading screen to CS mode
- Fixed a bug where players revive with gloo walls automatically in Training Grounds
- The invitation list now allows for alias to be added and edited
- Optimized the radar chart algorithm in personal info page, making it more reflective of the player’s stats
- Optimized radar chart algorithm in CS mode
- Optimized the animation in mode selection page
- CS Cup invitations now show up in the lobby
- Reduced the cost of pet level-ups
- Optimized matchmaking for shorter queue time
They will be able to try new and updated weapons, even after changing the meta for the game. This update will make new players live in luxury with free characters and free bundles for login and completing a few easy tasks.
What are your thoughts on Free Fire OB33 Update? Let us know in the comment section below!