Gamedriver, TikTok, Microsoft Xbox, Potato Play, Nuvei, and Xsolla are among the first series of participating companies as announced by gamescom asia 2022. Additionally attending the festival this year are PlayStation, 9GAG, Lai Games, Brace Yourself Games, and Hooded Horse.
The sole satellite event of gamescom, the biggest video game festival in the world, will be held in Singapore from October 20–22, 2022, and will have a physical Trade Zone, Conference, and Entertainment Zone for the first time. On October 19 and October 23, all audiences will have access to online parts.
Key Figures in Southeast Asia’s Game Industry will be present at gamescom asia 2022
15,000 people and more than 100 exhibitors from the Asia Pacific and beyond are anticipated for gamescom asia 2022. Delegations from numerous APAC nations as well as other nations are anticipated to congregate in Singapore as physical events make a strong resurgence. More than 19 countries are currently represented among those attending gamescom Asia. Additional applications from Asia are still being accepted, along with the Singapore and German pavilions.
Over 80 industry experts are set to present, in person, at the Trade Conference and Exhibition. They will dive deep into diverse facets of the gaming scene and the trends ahead. Speakers and topics include:
- Peter Vesterbacka, Finnish mobile game developer and former MightyEagle of Rovio Entertainment Corporation (Finland), the creator of Angry Birds;
- Sarah Delahanty, Cinematic Director, Blizzard Entertainment (USA), on the cinematic storytelling process in games;
- Tim Fields, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Digital Gaming, Wizards of the Coast (Canada) on the future of game development;
- Simon Alty, Vice President & Managing Director the Asia Pacific, Bethesda/ ZeniMax (Australia) on AAA game publishing;
- Hans Jagnow, Vice President Operations, ESL Pro League (Germany) on Esports Trends;
- Brigitta Rena Estidianti, Co-founder & Art Director, Mojiken Studio (Indonesia) on weaving Southeast Asian cultures into games;
- Vanessa Lorena Tate, Studio Director & Head of Eternal Games, King (UK), publishers of Candy Crush, and discussing live ops strategies;
- Jad Boniface, Head of Community Expansion, Roblox (USA) on becoming architects of the metaverse.
From October 20 to October 22, gamescom Asia’s Trade Zone will have an Expo area, a Trade Conference, networking opportunities, and a Developer-Publisher-Investor Speed Dating event. Trade visitors and conference participating companies in gamescom Asia 2022 can anticipate seeing country pavilions, going to exhibitor lectures and talent drives, scheduling in-person business meetings, and experiencing the Entertainment Zone before it opens to the general public.
From October 21 to 22, the general public can enjoy a display of video games and interactive entertainment while exploring special sections like esports, cosplay, tabletop games, group play zones, and more. Online shows PRIMETIME and STUDIO return as teases and extra content for audiences across the world before and after events.