Genshin Impact is releasing a new expansion of the Desert region in Sumeru for Version 3.4 Update. This new sub-region is named the ‘Desert of Hadramaveth’ and will be located on the North-west side of the Desert in Sumeru. Essentially, HoYoverse doesn’t want players to transverse on this journey alone without a proper guide. Therefore, they have released a series of short Journals to help with accustoming to the new sub-region. Both adventure Journals, namely Journal Vol.1 and Journal Vol.2 can be found on the HoYoverse website to cater to players who will play in the new Sumeru sub-region in the Genshin Impact 3.4 Update.
It is surprising and overwhelming to see such a huge expansion of the vast desert in Sumeru empty, as it seems but hidden with many secrets and ancient civilization. As it stands, with more added regions in the ongoing game, the more complicated and difficult the mechanics and over-world exploration will be to navigate.
Genshin Impact Sumeru Adventure Update Journal: Vol.1
1. The Endless Sandstorm
Just like what we have seen so far in Sumeru, the whole map in the game does not show the hidden caves and underground places for both the Rainforest and the Desert. The Desert especially, has many layers and floors of underground places, which hides the various chests and other obtainable rewards. Players must keep an eye out for any openings while exploring the Desert of Hadramaveth and make sure they mark them accordingly.
If players have already unlocked the Desert region, one might have noticed an immense and tall presence of a Sandstorm in an unexplorable region. As players might have guessed, that area will be the new explorable Hadramaveth Desert coming in Version 3.4. The Sandstorm is very intense and can decrease the visibility of your surroundings as you grow closer to the heart of it. It is advised to tread carefully when you explore and scan thoroughly when you try to explore with little visibility.
- Wenets are a sort of creature hidden beneath the sands that can target and attack you while you are exploring the desert. As they cannot be countered, the only way to avoid them is to quickly step away when the area where you stand has a circle enclosed in the character.
- Weathered Rocks are scattered all across the Desert and can be broken by timing the attack of the Wenets and using their attacks on destroying those fragile rocks. Destroying those rocks can give travellers some hidden surprising rewards, as a result.
2. Puzzle in the Golden Sands
The desert with its vast ancient civilization of King Deshret has many technological advances. There are many mechanisms found within the Desert that can be used and solved to gain various rewards.
- Rune Mechanisms: The Rune Mechanisms are a type of mechanism used to help with the explorable regions with the hidden puzzles by generating energy. Activate them in the ancient runes and other places to see the invisible puzzles that may be obstructed by the sand piles.
- Cascade Pools were used to guide the flow of running water in the ancient city. Although now, it is filled to the brim with sand and gravel once it is activated. Players must simply hit the Cascade Pools to activate them and solve any puzzles involving the Pools.
3. Desert Creatures
The desert has a vast amount of mostly harmless creatures located in the sands.
- Flying Serpent: The Serpents cannot truly fly as the name suggests, but can hover in the air for a limited amount of time due to their bird-like hollow bones and a bit of Anemo.
- Sand Grease Pupa: These creatures are a type of husk or egg found deep in the desert where the Quicksand Eels breed. The shell is pretty hard and cannot be destroyed. The hard shell is for the protection of the Quicksand Eels levels till they grow and become accustomed to harsh weather conditions.
Genshin Impact Sumeru Adventure Update Journal: Vol.2
1. The Eremites
There will be two new Eremite enemies in the desert namely, Eremite Scorching Loremaster and Eremite Floral Ring-Dancer. Pretty designs aside, from the appearance alone, they seem to have Pyro and Dendro powers respectively.
2. Consecrated Beasts
These three sets of enemies are a type of lifeform that evolved by eating something twisted and significant. All three of the creatures will enter a Phagocytic form during combat and will release Phagocytic Energy Blocks. In order to destroy these energy blocks and weaken them, players need to apply an Element that matches the Element of the respective Consecrated Beasts.
- Consecrated Flying Serpent
- Consecrated Scorpion
- Consecrated Red Vulture
3. New Over-world Boss: Setekh Wenut
A new Over-world boss will be introduced in the new Version 3.4 Update called ‘Setekh Wenut’. It is described as an Apex Predator that is located deep in the desert. It can use Anemo to fly above for a certain amount of time. As in pure Genshin Impact tradition, a new Over-World boss means a new character will require the boss materials dropped, in order to ascend. Although this is not a full in-depth guide to the new Enemy, HoYoverse has summarized the key points of how to defeat it.
As it hovers above the ground and flies around, the Setekh Wenut will fire a certain amount of Windbite Bullets. Players must destroy the onslaught of Bullets on time so that they do not convert into deadlier bullets that deal more damage.
One must use an Element that is reactive with Anemo (Hydro/Pyro/Electro/Cryo) to destroy at least two of the Windbite Bullets. Destroying the bullets will bring the Wenut down on the ground, rendering it stunned to attack. Use this time to deal damage to the enemy and defeat it.
What are your thoughts on the newly-released Sumeru Adventure Update Journal in Genshin Impact? Let us know in the comments below!