Sumeru, the knowledge nation, home to the academic institution known as Sumeru Akademiya is particularly renowned for its corpus in Arcane Arts and historical records. It is the upcoming region in Genshin Impact. Known for its vivid landscape which includes both deserts and rainforests, the highly anticipated region will be introduced in the ever-expanding world of Teyvat in Patch 3.0 Update. Sumeru is full of dendro elements along with its puzzle. These new puzzle mechanics can be hard to grasp since they are very different from the puzzle-solving tactics used in Liyue and Mondstat. Players will also come across new open-world mechanics. In this Genshin Impact article, we will focus on new open-world mechanics, creatures that are laid out in the Sumeru Update Journal by HoYoverse with puzzle mechanics.
Genshin Impact Sumeru Update Journal: New Elemental Reactions
Sumeru, the latest region in the mystical world of Teyvat is the house of the Dendro archon, the lesser lord Kusanali. The nation of wisdom introduces multiple new reactions for the players to experience.
- Quicken: Triggered by the combination of electro and dendro, this reaction applies quickened effect to the enemy. Quicken has two effects, depending upon the element that, triggers the reaction. Aggravate increases the electro damage, while Spread increases the dendro damage.
- Burning: When it comes to the combination of Dendro and Pyro, the elemental reaction of Burning already exists in the game. It deals additional Pyro damage over time.
- Bloom: Combining hydro and dendro produces a dendro core that reacts differently to different elements. Pyro, on coming in contact with the core, causes additional AoE dendro damage, while electro transforms into homing shots on the enemy. There is a cap on the number of dendro cores. The excess cores are cleared off the field, as they explode dealing AoE dendro damage.
Genshin Impact Sumeru Update Journal: New Creatures
- Tri Lakshana: The first native species from Sumeru, Tri-Lakshana are special creatures with transformative abilities. Certain elemental energy cause a stimulus reaction that changes the state. Tri-Lakshana has three states, which consist of Normal, Activated, and Scorched. When the creature comes into contact with Electro or Pyro, it will enter an Activated or Scorched state. On being activated with electro, a Trusense Pulse is unleashed that reveals the location of hidden things.
- Tri-Yana Seeds: Similar to the Tri-Lakshana Creatures, the Tri-Yana Seeds also have three states. In a normal state, the creature will move along a fixed path, and in a scorched state, it will stop moving completely. In an activated state triggered using Electro, they unleash a ‘Truesense Pulse’ with a bigger area than the pulse, which is released by the Tri Lakshana creature.
- Four Leaf Sigils: The crest resembling a four-petaled flower helps travelers in exploring swiftly. Additionally, players can spawn these crests using cluster leaves of cultivation by interacting the flower with dendro. Lastly, an unnamed plant that glows regains stamina making the expedition easy.
Genshin Impact Sumeru Update Journal: Puzzle mechanics
With Inazuma, Hoyoverse introduced Electrograna. With the launch of the newest region of Sumeru, players will have access to Dendrograna. Dendrograna helps players in combat by augmenting the attack. To activate the secondary attack, travelers need to equip Dendrograna and hit the enemy with a charged attack or aimed shot.
Dendrograna is expected to play an important part in exploring the new region, following the suit of electrograna. Travelers can summon Dendrogranum by encountering particular branches in Sumeru. Elements that need to be destroyed or activated can be done using Dendrograna.
- In Sumeru, travelers will come across areas of desolation and decay known as the withering zones. These zones can be found anywhere in Sumeru, decreasing the elemental, physical resistance, and the max HP of all characters in the party. To decrease the decay effect, candles and flames of life will come in handy.
- To clear the area of the corrosion caused by the ominous power, players must equip Dendrograna and use charged attack or aimed shot to destroy the withering branches. By destroying all the branches in the area, a tumor will spawn and summon monsters defeating whom will finally lead to the cleansing of the area.
During their expedition, players will encounter buildings with a seed mirror that will pinpoint the location of withering zones that are yet to be formed. Reaching there before time and destroying the tumor of the withering stops the formation and expansion of withering zones.
Stone Pillar Seals and Energy Extraction Device
Some ruin machines are sealed and released by stone pillars. To remove the seal, players must use the pyro-infused attacks. Removing all the seals in an area will unearth a challenge.
In the eremite camp, there are some energy extraction devices that need to be deactivated by finding control keys dispersed in the area. During the key hunting, players need to ensure that the enemy is not allowed to interact with the device. The process is a time-limited exercise. Therefore, players must keep their eyes on the clock.
What are your thoughts on the newly-released Sumeru Update Journal in Genshin Impact? Let us know in the comments below!