Pokémon Go, developed and published by Niantic in partnership with The Pokémon Company for iOS and Android devices, has been one of the most popular AR games since its launch in 2016. Recently, Niantic announced the Pokémon GO Battle League (GBL) season 5 in P. The competition will commence on November 9th, 2020. Due to some unavoidable circumstances, the season will be 3 weeks long, shorter than a normal one. The rank progression will be calculated by winning a set number of battles from rank 2.
About the Pokémon GO Battle League Season 5
Detailed timeline of Season 5
The Little Cup timeline
Monday, November 9, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
- Only Pokémon that are able to evolve and have not evolved even once are eligible and the CP limit is 500.
The Kanto Cup timeline
Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
- Only Pokémon with a Pokédex number between #001 and #151 are eligible and the CP limit is 1,500.
The Catch Cup timeline
Monday, November 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
- Only Pokémon caught since the beginning of Season 5 are eligible. The CP limit is 1,500. Mythical Pokémon—such as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Victini—are not eligible for the Catch Cup.
Changes in GO Battle League Season 5
- Finishing in rank 7 will grant you Elite Fast TM instead of an Elite Charged TM.
- To reach rank 2, you must complete a certain number of battles.
- To reach ranks 3 through 10, you must win a certain number of battles. The number of battle will depend on your current rank.
- After reaching rank 7, there’s a chance of encountering a Legendary Pokémon on the GO Battle League rewards tracks.
New and improved attacking moves to be added
Following new attacking moves will be added to the game in this season.
- Poison Sting: This Fast Attack will generate more energy. Vespiquen, Drapion, and Whirlipede can use their Charged Attacks often.
- Flame Charge: This Fire-type attack will now be teachable to Rapidash, Entei, Emboar, and Chandelure.
- Incinerate: This Fire-type Fast Attack will initially be available for Rapidash, Typhlosion, Ho-Oh, Darmanitan and Chandelure.
Trainers, take this opportunity to try out new strategies, test different battle teams, and prepare for Season 6! Good luck!
Are you excited as Niantic announced details for the Pokémon GO Battle League Season 5? Let us know in the comment section below!