This January, players will be getting another Community Day of 2023 in Pokemon GO where trainers will see Rock Skin Pokémon, Larvitar, and its appearance in the wild. The Community Day will also have many bonuses and research tasks and, many more running on Saturday, January 21, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
Pokemon GO January 2023 Community Day: Featured Pokémon Larvitar
On Saturday, January 21, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, Rock Skin Pokémon, Larvitar will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Moreover, if trainers are lucky, they might encounter a shiny one as well.
Evolve Pupitar (Larvitar’s Evolution) during the event or up to two hours afterward—from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.—to get a Tyranitar that knows the Fast Attack Smack Down.
- Trainer Battles: 12 power
- Gyms and raids: 16 power
Community Day Special Research story: Larvitar Community Day Classic
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Larvitar Community Day Classic–exclusive Special Research story.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with. To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3× Catch Stardust
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
While most bonuses are only active during the three hours of the event, these bonuses will be active from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time.
Are you excited to be a part of the January 2023 Community Day in Pokemon GO featuring Larvitar? Let us know in the comments section below!