This July, players will be getting another Community Day of 2022 in Pokemon GO where trainers will see Starly, the Starling Pokémon, and its appearance in the wild. The Community Day will also have many bonuses and research tasks and, many more running on Sunday, July 17, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time.
Pokemon GO July 2022 Community Day: Featured Pokémon
On Sunday, July 17, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time, Starly, the Starling Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Moreover, if trainers are lucky, they might encounter a shiny one as well.
Evolve Staravia (Starly’s Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterward to get a Staraptor that knows the Fast Attack Gust.
- Trainer Battles: 16 power
- Gyms and raids: 25 power
Community Day Special Research story: Field Notes: Starly
- You can access Field Notes: Starly, a Special Research narrative that is only available for Starly Community Day, for US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency).
- Keep an eye out for the launch date of the Special Research tale tickets.
- Don’t forget that you can gift a ticket to a friend so they can participate in the Special Research for this Community Day as well!
- In the in-game shop, tap the Special Research ticket, then hit the Gift button rather than the Buy button to give someone a ticket.
There is no refund for tickets (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please be aware that there will be no in-game medal for completing this Special Research.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Trainers will have the opportunity to take on distinctive four-star Raid Battle challenges following the three-hour Community Day event. For 30 minutes after winning one of these raids, more Starly will start to swarm the gym where it took place!
Please be aware that the Community Day benefits mentioned in the sections above titled “Event bonuses” and “Bonuses for groups” only apply to the three-hour Community Day event time.
Four-star Raid Battles
Staravia will be appearing in four-star raids! These Raids can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
Bonus for completing Four-star Raid Battles
Once you defeat Staravia in a four-star Raid Battle, Starly will begin to appear in a 300-meter radius around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one! Starly that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during July Community Day’s three-hour event period.
- 3× Catch XP
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- 2× chance to receive Starly Candy XL from catching Starly
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust.
- One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day.
The Special Trade bonus will be active from Sunday, July 17, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time. This bonus stacks with the additional Special Trade bonus for the Season of GO.
Bonuses for groups
Join forces with other trainers to activate more benefits! The 3 XP bonus for catching Pokémon close to the Lured PokéStop will be enhanced to a 4 bonus XP for 30 minutes if enough Pokémon are caught by Trainers with the use of a single Lure Module. The base 3 Catch XP bonus will not stack with this bonus; instead, it will take its place for the period.
Are you excited to be a part of the July 2022 Community Day in Pokémon GO? Let us know in the comments section below!