This May, players will be getting another Community Day of 2022 in Pokemon GO where trainers will see Alolan Geodude, the Rock Pokémon, and its appearance in the wild. The Community Day will also have many bonuses and research tasks and, many more.
Pokemon GO May 2022 Community Day: Featured Pokémon
On Saturday, May 21, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time, Alolan Geodude will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Moreover, if trainers are lucky, they might encounter a shiny one as well.
Evolve Alolan Graveler (Geodude’s Evolution) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get an Alolan Golem that knows the Fast Attack Rollout.
Making its Pokémon GO debut, this Fast Attack generates energy quickly!
- Trainer Battles: 4 power
- Gyms and raids: 14 power
Community Day Special Research story: A Rocky Road
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Alolan Geodude Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, A Rocky Road
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
A new ticket gifting feature will also be available
Niantic has announced that you can now give a ticket to this Community Day’s Special Research to a friend! Certain restrictions apply. Gifting cannot be completed if the recipient has purchased a Special Research ticket or has been gifted one already. To give, tap the Special Research ticket, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Event Bonuses and Bundles
The Pokémon GO May 2022 Community Day will come in with a plethora of in-game bonuses, Here are the event bonuses that will be available in Pokemon GO.
- 3× Stardust for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance to receive Geodude XL Candy from catching Alolan Geodude
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to two hours afterward for a maximum of two for the day.
- Trades made during the event and up to two hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust.
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
Work together with other Trainers to unlock additional bonuses!
- If enough Pokémon are caught with help from a single Lure Module, the 3× Catch Stardust bonus for Trainers near the Lured PokéStop will become a 4× bonus for 30 minutes.
You’ll also be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Are you excited to be a part of the May 2022 Community Day in Pokémon GO? Let us know in the comments section below!