The release date for the visual novel/sport management hybrid Roller Drama, in which players manage a fierce roller derby squad to victory in the midst of a collapse of society, has been revealed by Italian independent company Open Lab Games (Football Drama). On January 26th, 2023, the game will go live on iOS and Android devices.
Experience a real-time full-contact sport in Roller Drama
Roller Drama will give players the chance to utilize strategy and in-the-moment controls to defeat the opposition while leading a squad of Roller Derby competitors to victory. Players will be in charge of five strong personalities who are coping with heartbreak, friendship, and the slow disintegration of late capitalist society beyond the ring. Their decisions and the results of each game will have an impact on the team’s final destiny. Some of the key features of the game are given below:
- Interactive narrative with meaningful choices and multiple endings
- Vivid, explorable universe
- Real-time roller derby matches
- Coach a team of five athletes with wildly different personalities
- Upgrade your team’s abilities over time
- Hand-drawn character art by award-winning illustrator Vic Macioci
- Play with controller or mouse + keyboard
Play this game that combines sports and a tale, where you control a group of five Roller Derby competitors with diverse personalities. On skates, control full-contact bouts with a combination of strategy and real-time controls. Team outcomes and real-life mishaps all play a part in the narrative.
Are you excited as Roller Drama is set to release on 26 January 2023? Let us know in the comments below!