The automatic chess game from Riot Games is now turning two years old. If you, like most, did not see most of the time go by, that’s no problem. Just make sure to play a game before the next patch drops, on July 7th, and you will be rewarded with a Little Legend that is a cake in celebration of the 2nd anniversary of Teamfight Tactics or TFT.
The current state of TFT
The game has had its spotlight for quite a while as Riot continues its strategy of putting the game in the same client as League of Legends. Recently, the game peaked at 10 million players online simultaneously as Riot dev Mortdog stated in a video. What could be a better thing to know than this when celebrating the 2nd anniversary of Teamfight Tactics!
The game also recently revealed the World Championship will be held in China, where qualified players will play live in October. If that isn’t enough to make you think about the game’s health, the finals from the NA challenger series have been recently declared for the event that is confirmed to take place on June 30th and July 1st, at 4 pm PDT or 7 pm EDT, to be co-streamed with riot games own channel!
Quality of Life improvements with TFT Patch 11.13
Patch 11.13 also brought Bug Fixes, rework to some units and mechanics, as well as balance changes. The game is now headed into their mid-set update, which usually brings fresh air and some players back. After that, the game shall begin its new competitive moment.
- Fixed a bug where getting 8 Assassins would turn off the Assassin bonus (Thanks PieHat!)
- Wolf, Daisy, Heimerdinger’s Turret, and Zz’Rot’s Voidspawn now correctly have 130% base Critical Strike Damage (Thanks Deisik!)
- Reforger will no longer reforge Shadow Components into the same Component
- Eclipse Cape now properly applies its self burn if equipped mid-combat
- Revive effects (e.g., Guardian Angel, Revenant) will no longer trigger if its holder is affected by Kindred’s ability
- Teemo will now display correctly in the Shop as costing Health when rolled from a Loaded Dice
What are your thoughts on the 2nd anniversary of Teamfight Tactics? Do let us know in the comments below!