In the violent side-scrolling action game The Legend of Tianding, players assume control of Liao Tianding, a Taiwanese vigilante folk hero who is more than just meets the eye. The Legend of Tianding is available now for pre order on iOS and will release on March 2.
The Legend of Tianding is an exploration of a place and time often overlooked
The Taiwanese vigilante folk hero Liao Tianding, who is more than meets the eye, is controlled by the player in the violent side-scrolling action game The Legend of Tianding. Players will battle for justice in the streets of Taipei in the early 20th century, stealing the wealthy to feed the hungry and avoiding imprisonment by Colonial Japanese officials who have taken control of the city.
With a tanto, waist sash, and quick kung fu moves, players must confront the authorities in style while engaging in highly technical combat. To instill dread in the hearts of oppressors, they will perform complex aerial combos, take weapons from adversaries, wear potent talismans, and glide across the battlefield using grappling hooks.
The Legend of Tianding is an examination of a time and location that is frequently disregarded, based on actual events, actual people, and actual circumstances. The Dadaocheng neighborhood in Taipei City around the turn of the century is brought to life in this one-of-a-kind action-packed adventure, which is presented in the manner of Traditional Chinese Manga. Key Features of The Legend of Tianding include:
- Incredible Bosses: Take on powerful foes like deadly courtesans, greedy businessmen, and even military leaders, each one guaranteed to challenge you with their dynamic abilities and brutal attacks
- Unique Talismans: Collect game-changing talismans and play a traditional game of Four Color Cards
- Immersive City: Explore the Dadaocheng area of Taipei city as it looked like in the early 1900s. Run through colorful streets, ride on a speeding train, and make your escape through dark sewers, all done in the style of a retro Traditional Chinese Manga
- Boss Rush Mode: Test yourself against Tianding’s rogue’s gallery in Boss Rush mode
- Enhanced Mobile Performance: Experience the full beauty of the city, the mountains, and clashing martial arts running at 120 frames per second [iPhone 13 Pro is the minimum required device]
- Touch-Screen Gameplay: Kick colonialist butt with new touch-screen-specific controls that transform your thumbs into justice-dealing weapons!
Originally released in 2021, The Legend of Tianding was highly praised upon launch, receiving numerous awards, such as “Best Narration” at the 2022 Taipei Game Show and “Best Game Design” at the Valencia Indie Summit 2022. Fans can pre-order The Legend of Tianding on iOS devices before it releases on March 2, 2023.
What are your thoughts as The Legend of Tianding begins pre-order for iOS devices? Let us know in the comments below.
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.