Boom Beach Frontlines, a game being developed by UK-based Space Ape which was acquired by Finnish mobile gaming giant Supercell is based in the Boom Beach universe. The game is a 9v9 shooter that pits players to capture and control points. It is focused on combined arms, team synergy, and strategy. Coming in a highly concentrated game genre Boom Beach Frontlines aims to create its own place by bringing unique gameplay mechanics and building on Supercell’s impressive portfolio. Here in this Boom Beach Frontlines beginners guide, we will introduce players to the game’s core mechanics and how to get started, what all you need to know to progress faster, and how to improve your gaming experience.
Boom Beach Frontlines is an action-packed real-time strategy game that places a high focus on team tactics along with combat. According to Nick Mansdorf, Game Lead at Space Ape “Boom Beach Frontlines is a mobile take on the battlefield in the world of Boom Beach.”
Players will be at the frontline and are tasked with capturing two points and holding them for 10 seconds to register a win. If teams are unable to do so in a regulated time of 4 minutes and 30 seconds the match then goes into a sudden death where the team who neutralizes the enemy base first wins. If still no winner emerges, the health of the towers starts decaying and the team with the higher hitpoints on their base wins. Players have access to four in-game items that help them achieve their target namely troops, defence, vehicles, and powerups.
Getting Started with Boom Beach Frontlines
Players are awarded 70 gems when starting the game. It is advised to save the gems to buy Mega Box from the shop when you have progressed in the game to unlock higher rarity cards that you have unlocked from reaching higher HQ levels.
We also recommend connecting your account using Supercell ID for safeguarding your progress, easy connectivity and in case you need customer support Supercell ID also helps in easing that process.
Boom Beach Frontlines Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
1. Understand the troops
To master the core mechanics and progress on the ladder players need to get familiar with each and every troop and their strengths and weaknesses.
Each of the troops serves a different purpose. We will layout each and every troop in the game with their use case:
- Assault: High mobility and consistent damage make this troop the perfect support for Heavy and Flamer when trying to take down enemy base or building your own. His weakness is his low HP.
- Heavy: A slow moving unit with a very high ammo count, Heavy is the damage soaker for your teams dps units. Heavy synergizes well with Sniper, Zooka and paired with a Medic he is a menace for the opponent. The weakness which the opponent can make use of are high reload time and slow movement speed.
- Flamer: Another high Hp unit with high ammo but what Flamer has over Heavy is the ability to deal damage to multiple units at a time. Flamer when dies also has death damage which gives her team control over the area for some time. Her weakness is low dps capability and medium range.
- Shotgunner: An out and out dps who can take out enemies with ease. She lacks range but more than makes up for it with her insane damage potential. The drawback of playing her is low ammo capacity.
- Sniper: The long range character has high damage. She can outrange almost all characters but her slow shooting speed and reload speed make her vulnerable.
- Zooka: The epic bazooka wielding character is a serious threat for enemy vehicles and defences as she deals 3 times the normal damage. She has only one ammo and stands still while shooting making her a sitting duck.
- Fire Bomber: The longest range character in the game he does high damage with his flaming coconuts and is one of the best when it comes to dealing damage to enemy defences and base. The prime weakness of this character is the hard to aim shots when the enemies are not at the maximum range.
- Medic: A support character medic as the name suggests is the healer that is an essential pick for all teams. The only negative of this troop per se is his inability to deal damage.
- Cluster: Cluster with his explosive and splitting attacks is a character made for crowd control. He has the ability to be the entry fragger for the team. His weakness is his low HP and slow attack speed.
- Warrior: A extremely short ranged axe-wielding character is extra effective against buildings and has the unique life steal ability which allows him to heal while dishing out damage. He pairs well with vehicles as those give him high mobility to do his magic. Range is his biggest disadvantage but in skilled hands, he is a terror.
2. Defence is as important as Offense
To win the game players need to have control of two points which makes defense as important as an offense if not more. The best strategy of successfully defending is to spend your resources on defenses as soon as possible rather than buying powerups early on.
At the start of the game, three random defenses and vehicles will be assigned, don’t worry if you do not have some of the mechanisms rather focus on building the high-level defenses you possess. Last but not least is to always have at least two players that are focused on defense.
3. Use the Vehicles efficiently
The vehicles play an important part in the game as they can be used to shield damage to you and your teammates, deal damage and also be a means of faster travel.
- Vehicles like the Tanks, APC, Scorcher and Armored vehicles are tanky and deal high damage to enemy camp and are great during mid and end game.
- The mortar bike, missile tank and rocket trike are invaluable assets for taking out enemy defences with its long ranged attacks.
- 4×4 comes in handy in the later parts of the game to pick up 3 teammates who can all attack while you drive, the teammates will take no damage as long as they are seated in the 4×4.
- The medi tank will be handy when multiple troops are pushing the enemy base to keep all allies alive.
- Mega critter is a great early to mid game vehicle for capturing points.
4. Never overlook the Powerups
The powerups are very strong passive support that has various roles ranging from a simple shield to damage dealing robots called Grunts. Powerups can be bought from the spawn area using points called munitions that you accumulate during the battle for dealing damage, staying alive, building up the base.
At the start of the game, you are also given some points. The powerups are an integral part of the game and to optimally use them the idea should be to not buy them blindly at the start of the game except shield which is useful but rather spending those points first building some defenses and then using them the remaining for powerups.
5. Leveling Up
Players will work to level up their HQ to unlock additional troops, defenses, powerups, and vehicles. This allows expanding the loadout for diverse team composition.
Every 4 hours players can claim a free boom box and at the same 3 stars are added to the star pool. Players on collecting the stars will progress not only on the ladder but in the battle pass as well for rewards such as Boom box, Coin, Big box, and Mega box.
Outside of the battles themselves, players will work on leveling up their characters and other items to bolster their armory. It is recommended to upgrade all your items as soon as you have the required resources as upgrading grants XP which will help players in leveling up their HQ faster.
Boom Beach Frontlines General Combat Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our additional tips to help you out with your initial combat techniques in Boom Beach Frontlines.
- Don’t rush the enemy base, it is important to be patient and to collaborate with teammates to launch an attack to yield better returns.
- Use cover as frequently as possible. You can shield yourself using barricades, other teammates who are higher in health and base defences. The longer you stay in battle the more points you collect which helps in buying more resources. To counter enemy hiding behind cover flank them by approaching them from an offset angle.
- Always prioritize hitting high value targets. It is always advisable to kill the medic, high dps characters like sniper and assault first to cut off the healing abilities of the enemies. In case you are trying to defend your base kill of Zooka, Firebomber first since they can deal high amounts of damage from a range and can get very hard to eliminate.
- Make your troop picks in accordance with the other picks of the team. That is if all players have picked assault, zooka and sniper pick up a high hp troop like Heavy or Flamer to support them. You can see what picks your teammates have made before the battle begins above the map on the character selection screen.
- It is important to be adaptive, players need to be flexible enough to change their troops mid game as per the demands of the situation. For example if there are lot of enemy vehicles, choose a zooka, if you need to destroy enemy defences choose Firebomber.
- Knowing your range is an effective way to counter enemy. Assault can outrange Heavy since Assault has higher movement speed use this to remain longer in battle. Similarly Sniper and Zooka can outrange Assault, Heavy and other shorter range characters.
- In overtime vehicles become a very powerful means of taking you and your teammates to the enemy base so it is recommended to buy and use vehicles such as the 4×4 and armored car during overtime.
- Hitting enemies with vehicles does damage so whenever you have the opportunity try to hit the enemies in your path.
- As a medic your role should be to keep your teammates alive even if it means that you die. If the teammate you are healing is getting a lot of damage you can even tank for him while healing, after tanking for a few hits retreat before you die.
- When the enemy base it is better to clear the remaining enemies first rather than taking down the base. The reason is that if you take down the base and enemies are still alive they can rebuild their base.
- The more players there are the faster the circle on point increases. Therefore if you see your teammates securing a point help them capture the points faster. You need at least 3 players for max speed.
- Entering the enemy point while they are trying to capture enemy base will pause the progress therefore when the timer is nearing zero it is advisable to sucide dive into enemy base to hinder the opponents progress.
How to play togther (co-op) with friends in Boom Beach Frontlines
Playing with friends is not only a fun experience but also lets players strategize plans. You can add friends in-game by clicking on the icon with three people on the main screen and entering the player’s Friend ID. Players will also see their own friend ID on the right side.
Overall, Boom Beach Frontlines is a highly addictive game that is simple to transition into but gets difficult as players reach higher tiers. The game builds on Boom Beach IP and brings a breath of fresh air in the form of 9v9 gameplay. It will be interesting to see if the fast-paced game can build on the competitive scene.
That’s all for the basic tips and tricks, if you find it difficult progressing in the game, you can always fall back to this Boom Beach Frontlines Beginners Guide for help.
That’s all for today’s Boom Beach Frontlines beginners guide. Did you find our Boom Beach Frontlines beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.
I have medic, but I can’t choose him …
ya how do we select medic where we already have the card?
To select medic and other unlocked cards head to the battle deck and pick your desired cards. The battle deck is the ship which resembles a naval carrier and is located on the right side of the mission board.