Clash Royale is a popular mobile strategy game developed and published by Supercell. Like every other game the medium used to exchange resources and materials i.e. Currency quite matters. As such Clash Royale offers a wide variety of currencies. Here, we have listed all the essential information for various currency types in Clash Royale and how to earn them.
Introducing the in-game Currency in Clash Royale
Gold is the primary currency in Clash Royale, and it is used to upgrade and purchase cards, purchase chests, and create or join a clan. Players can earn gold in several ways:
- Victory Gold: Winning Ladder, Ranked, Party Mode or Tournament Battles is a great way of gathering Gold. Players can earn gold by winning battles in 1v1, 2v2, or special events. The amount of Victory Gold depends on your Arena/League, but keep in mind that you can only get it a limited number of times per day!
- Trophy Road: By reaching a certain number of Trophies, you can get Gold from the Trophy Road depending on the Arena.
- Gold Rush: It is a special event where you get Gold by destroying your opponent’s Towers! It’s a limited-time event, so keep an eye on the Battle Button for when it appears. Destroying the King Tower gives you more Gold than Princess Towers.
- Donating Cards: Players can donate cards to their clan mates, and in return, they receive gold, depending on the rarity of the donated card. No Gold is given for donating max-level cards.
- Opening Chests: Chests earned from winning battles contain gold. Apart from Epic, Legendary, and Champion, all other Chests contain Gold. The amount of gold varies depending on the type of chest.
- Completing Quests: Players can earn gold by completing daily and weekly quests.
- Clan Wars: You will get Gold for every single Battle you play in Clan Wars, win or lose! When the River Race finishes, you will also receive a River War Chest or another reward, both with even more Gold than the Battles!
- Shop: In the Shop, you will occasionally see Gold as part of in-app Purchase Offers. You can also get free Gold from the Daily Deals.
- Pass Royale Rewards and bonus bank: Gold is available for you as you progress through Pass Royale. When all Tiers have been reached, the Bonus Bank becomes available. For every 10 Crowns earned, 250 Gold will be added to the Bonus Bank until it becomes full. Claim the saved Gold at the end of the Season. Pass royale also unlocks Hoggy bank, breaking the Hoggy bank can reward you with Gold!
- Hoggy Bank: Breaking the Hoggy Bank can reward you with coins.
- Clan Gifts: You can send or receive Gold through the Clan Gift bundle in the Shop. If a Clanmate has purchased the Clan Gift, it will be waiting in the Clan Chat to be claimed. To receive a Clan Gift, you must be a member of the Clan at the time it was purchased. If the Clanmate who purchased the Clan Gift leaves, or is kicked from the Clan they bought it for, the Clan Gift will be removed.
Gems are the premium currency in Clash Royale, and they can be used to speed up chest unlocking, purchase gold and cards, and enter challenges. Gems can be earned in several ways:
- Shop: In the Shop, you will occasionally see Gems as part of in-app Purchase Offers. You can also get free Gems from the Daily Deals. Gems can be purchased using real money.
- Trophy Road: reaching a certain number of Trophies, you can get your hands on Gems from Trophy Road.
- Special Events and Challenges: Gems are available as rewards from certain Challenges and Events. By reaching the required number of wins, you get rewarded with Gems.
- Opening Crown Chests: Crown Chests always contain 2-4 Gems.
- Taking part in Fantasy Royale: Fantasy Royale is a side event for Clash Royale League. Create your team of CRL players, and score Crowns for every Crown your fantasy players earn. At the end of the event, you can win rewards depending on the number of Crowns collected, and they may sometimes contain Gems. Keep an eye on the in-game Esports tab, so you don’t miss out!
- Clan Gifts: You can send or receive Gems through the Clan Gift bundle in the Shop. If a Clanmate has purchased the Clan Gift, it will be waiting in the Clan Chat to be claimed. To receive a Clan Gift you must be a member of the Clan at the time it was purchased. If the Clanmate who purchased the Clan Gift leaves, or is kicked from the Clan they bought it for, the Clan Gift will be removed.
Cards are not a currency but they can still be donated and traded in Clash Royale which makes collecting cards somewhat like currency and they are used to build decks and win battles. Players can earn cards in several ways :
- Chests: Players can earn cards by opening chests. The type and rarity of the card depend on the chest. Chests can be earned by winning battles, participating in challenges, and completing daily quests.
- Donations: Players can donate cards to their clan mates, and in return, they receive experience points and gold.
- Shop: Players can purchase cards from the shop using gold or gems. The selection of cards available in the shop changes every day.
- Card Requests: Players can request specific cards from their clanmates once every 8 hours, and clanmates can donate these cards to them.
- Trophy Road: As players progress through the game and earn trophies, they unlock many cards on Trophy Road.
4. Experience Points
Experience points (XP) are a measure of your progress in the game. You earn XP by completing quests and opening chests, donating cards. As you earn more XP, you will level up and unlock new features and rewards. Here are some ways to earn XP in Clash Royale:
- Completing Quests: Completing daily challenges can earn you some XP. Shop offer quest gives 10 XP, a daily bonus: of 20 XP, and a weekly bonus of 50 XP.
- Donating Cards: You can earn XP by donating cards to your clanmates. Every time you donate a common card, you earn 50 XP, rare card XP and Epic cards earn you XP.
- Leveling up cards: Every time you level up a card, you earn XP. The amount of XP you earn depends on the rarity and level of the card.
5. Star Points
Star Points are a cosmetic currency in Clash Royale, and they are used to upgrade the appearance of maxed-out cards. Players can earn Star Points by:
- Donating cards: Players can earn Star Points by donating cards to their clan mates. The number of star points depends on the rarity of the card donated.
6. Trade Tokens
Trade Tokens allow you to trade cards with your Clanmates and the Trader. Once you reach King Level 16, you will be able to use these Tokens. Common trade tokens are the tokens that allow players to trade common and rare cards. Here’s where you can find them:
- Shop: In the Shop, you will occasionally see Trade Tokens as part of in-app purchase offers.
- Special Challenges, events, and Global Tournaments: You can also get Trade Tokens as rewards for certain Challenges and Events. By achieving the required number of wins, you will get rewarded with Trade Tokens.
- Pass Royale: Trade Tokens are also available in Pass Royale. One Token of each rarity is awarded once you make it to their respective Tiers.
7. Magic Items
Magic Items are a resource designed to speed up progress and give you more control and choice. There are 5 different types of Magic items: Magic Books, Wild cards, Magic Coins, Chest Keys, and Card Boost Potion, all of which become available at King Level 5. Here are some ways to get Magic Items in Clash Royale:
- Pass Royale: For players with Pass Royale, Wild Cards (and other Magic Items) will be available at most Tiers, giving you more freedom of choice!
- Trophy Road: Wild Cards are available on Trophy Road and replace Card Stack of the same rarity.
- Challenges and Global Tournaments: Wild Cards and Chest Keys are available at a certain number of wins!
- Path of Legends: Players can earn Wild Cards and Card Boost Potions as they climb to Ultimate Champion!
- The shop offers: All Magic Items are available, but Wild Cards, Chest Keys, and Magic Coins are most likely to appear.
- Daily Tasks: Along with a slew of other rewards, you can earn Wild Cards and Card Boost Potions through Daily Tasks.
In conclusion, there are several currencies in Clash Royale, and players can earn them in various ways. Gold, gems, cards, trade tokens, Star Points, and trade tokens are all important resources that players need to collect to progress in the game. By mastering the various ways of earning these currencies, players can build powerful decks and climb up the trophy ladder.
What are your thoughts on this complete list of Currency in Clash Royale? Mention your thoughts in the comments below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.