For a battle royale game, having a good connection to the internet is of prime importance. Free Fire, for one, definitely requires a stable internet connection. Although, it’s a light-weight BR game. So, it consumes less data than its competitors like PUBG mobile or Call of Duty: Mobile. A bad connection usually leads to your game stuttering every now and then. It can also cause random disconnections and make your game behave in a bizarre manner. Though, lag can also occur due to other issues but if your ping is beyond 150, it’s probably because of a poor connection. Today, we’ll see how to fix the poor connection issues and high ping problems through some simple steps.
- What is ping and why does it increase?
- How to fix connection issues in Free Fire
- How to fix High Ping in Free Fire
What is ping and why does it increase?
Ping, as defined in Wikipedia, is a computer network administration software utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network. So, basically it’s a numerical measure of the strength of your connection. The lower the ping, the better it is. Ping can increase because of the following reasons
- An unstable source of internet connection.
- A lot of devices are connected to the same network. This forces the connection to prioritize as per the tasks involved. The other devices demand resources. Thus, resulting in poor connection.
- A background task is consuming majority of the network’s strength. For eg. downloading a big file or movie in the background while playing.
- Multiple apps active in the background. Keeping multiple tabs open in the background will drain your battery and network strength, alike.
How to fix connection issues in Free Fire
1. Switch to stable source
In most of the cases, an unstable source of connection is the typical issue. To resolve this, simply try switching to another connection. For instance, you could play on device-data and switch to Wi-Fi network or vice versa.
2. Strong Wi-Fi connection
When playing over Wi-Fi make sure that the Wi-Fi network is strong; at least three bars or displaying as a green icon.
3. Closing all background tasks and apps
Close all background apps before playing. Sometimes, a restart may do the trick, as well. Ensure that there are no active downloads ongoing either while you play.
4. Conduct frequent Speed Tests
Check your network strength via speed test websites. If the ping shows high, contact your service provider. There might be some technical issues that crept up with you being oblivious of them. Your service provider should be able to rectify them, sooner or later.
How to fix High Ping in Free Fire
Here are some basic troubleshooting steps to fix high ping in Garena Free Fire. Follow the steps and they may help you to lower down the ping.
1. Restarting the device
Yes, this may sound really ineffective and vague, but sometimes this is all it takes to improve ping.
2. Switching between available Networks
If restarting doesn’t seem to work, then switch between device data and available Wi-Fi networks:
- Open your Settings app. Tap on “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. Subject to your device, these options may be different.
- Turn Wi-Fi off and mobile data on, and check to see if there’s a significant difference.
- If not, turn mobile data off and Wi-Fi on and see if that works.
3. Fixing mobile data problems
- First and foremost, ensure that data connection is turned on. Secondly, check whether you have adequate amount of data in your account or not.
- Switch mobile data off and on to see if this helps improving ping. Establishing a fresh new connection, sometimes does help in restoring low ping.
4. Fixing Wi-Fi and Router issues
- Make sure that you’re actually connected to the Wi-Fi network and it stays on.
- Sometimes, moving closer to the router tends to boost your network strength leading to a stronger Wi-Fi connection.
- You can also reset your router in case it’s connected to Wi-Fi at home.
- Unplug and plug the router back again into the electrical outlet. Make sure the lights turn off and on, correspondingly. This often helps in fixing ping.
If you still face connection issues after implementing all of these steps then contact Free Fire customer service.
Hope this article helps all those stuck and fed up with connection errors!
GamingonPhone is now on Discord. Join the Discord server today.