Genshin Impact is an adventure RPG released by miHoyo in 2020. In a short period, the game has become one of the most successful adventures RPG titles ever to have been released. Barbara is a persona that is loved and adored by everyone in the city of Mondtstadt. She is the deaconess of the Church of Favonius and an idol as well. She is also the worrisome younger sister of Jean. Barbara is well-versed in battle but she is more suited to the role of a healer. This guide will be looking into one of the most broken characters in Genshin Impact, Barbara, and the best weapons, artifacts, and materials required for her ascension.
Barbara: Playstyle and skillset of the character
The character of Barbara is a 4* Hydro Catalyst user.
|NAME / DESCRIPTION||TYPE|
|Whisper of Water||Normal Attack|
|Hits with up to 4 water splashes that apply for Wet status on the enemy as well as DMG.|
|Whisper of Water||Charged Attack|
|Uses the stamina gauge to deal with an AoE DMG as well as Wet status.|
|Whisper of Water||Plunging Attack|
|Plunges down from a significant height as a hydro ball that deals AoE DMG and Wet status.|
|Let the Show Begin||Elemental Skill|
|Barbara surrounds herself with several blobs of water for a short while that deals DMG to surrounding enemies and applies for Wet status on self as well as enemies that are very close Melody Loop Normal Attacks heal all party members and nearby allied characters with HP according to Barbara’s Max HP. Charged Attack heals 4 times the HP of Normal Attacks HP automatically regenerates to the active character while the elemental skill is active. However, active character and enemy character in contact gets Wet status|
|Shining Miracle||Elemental Burst|
|Heals all party members and allies in co-op with large HP according to Barbara’s Max HP.|
- Glorious Season: Unlocked at Ascension 1. The Stamina Consumption is reduced by 12% when Let the Show Begin’s Melody Loop is active.
- Encore: Unlocked at Ascension 4. The duration of Let the Show Begin’s Melody Loop is extended by 1s is when a character gains an Elemental Particle, (Max 5s)
- With My Whole Heart: Unlocked. If Perfect Cooking is achieved on a dish with restorative effects, there is a 12% chance to obtain double the product.
|1||Gleeful Songs||Barbara regenerates 1 Energy every 10s.|
|2||Vitality Burst||Decreases the CD of Let the Show Begin by 15%. During the ability’s duration, the Current character gains a 15% Hydro DMG Bonus.|
|3||Star of Tomorrow||Increases the Level of Shining Miracle by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|4||Attentiveness be My Power||Every enemy hit by Barbara’s Charged Attack regenerates 1 Energy for her. A maximum of 5 energy can be regenerated in this manner with anyone Charged Attack.|
|5||The Purest Companionship||Increase the Level of Let the Show Begin by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|6||Dedicating Everything to You||When Barbara is not on the field, and the character in the play falls: Automatically revives this character. Fully regenerates this character’s HP by 100%. This effect can only occur once every 15 mins.|
Having C2 is decent to allow more frequent healing for the current character.
Each character in the Genshin Impact game will have a special Dish. Spicy Stew is Barbara’s Specialty Dish which is obtained by cooking Cream Stew with Barbara. You’ll also get it from the in-game mail on Barbara’s birthday. It decreases all party members’ Stamina consumption by 25% for the 1500s.
Artifacts sets for Barbara in Genshin Impact
- Energy Recharge +20%.
- Elemental Burst regenerates 2 Energy for party members (excluding the active character) every 2s for 6s. This effect cannot be stacked.
|Artifact||Main stat||Sub Stat Priority|
|Flower||HP||ATK%>ATK>CRIT DMG>CRIT Rate>HP%>HP> ER>EM|
|Plume||ATK||ATK%>ATK>CRIT DMG>CRIT Rate>HP%>HP> ER>EM|
|Sands||HP>ATK>ER>EM||ATK%>ATK>CRIT DMG>CRIT Rate>HP%>HP> ER>EM|
|Goblet||Elemental DMG Bonus>HP>ATK>EM||ATK%>ATK>CRIT DMG>CRIT Rate>HP%>HP> ER>EM|
|Circlet||Healing Bonus>ATK>HP> CRIT Rate>CRIT DMG>EM||ATK%>ATK>CRIT DMG>CRIT Rate>HP%>HP> ER>EM|
Let the Show Begin and Shining Miracle should be prioritized since healing is the most notable point of Barbara. You should also keep her Normal Attacks leveled up to a decent level.
Best Builds for the Character
Support Build: Barbara can only be used as a supporting character because both her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst do no DMG and only heals her and the party. Therefore, no other builds are possible.
Materials required for ascension of Barbara
In this Genshin Impact Barbara Guide, we will look at the materials required for the Ascension of Barbara from level 1 to level 90.
|1x||Varunada Lazurite Sliver|
|36x||Forbidden Curse Scroll|
|9x||Varunada Lazurite Fragment|
|9x||Varunada Lazurite Chunk|
|6x||Varunada Lazurite Gemstone|
|Experience||414 Hero’s wit, 13 Adventurer’s XP, 22 Wanderers advice, and 1,672,000 Mora|
Talent Upgrade Materials for Barbara
The following materials are required to level up 1 talent up to level 10.
|3x||Teachings of Freedom|
|21x||Guide to Freedom|
|38x||Philosophies of Freedom|
|31x||Forbidden Curse Scroll|
|6x||Ring of Boreas|
|1x||Crown of Insight|
Best weapons for Barbara in Genshin Impact
- Prototype Amber: Elemental Burst regenerates 4 Energy every 2s for 6s. Additionally, party members regenerate 4% HP every 2s for this duration.
- Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers: After switching characters, the new character will get an ATK boost by 24% for 10s. This effect can only occur once every 20s.
- Favonius Codex: CRIT Hits have a 60% chance to generate Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character which occur every 12s.
Best Team Comps
- Barbara applies Wet while Klee can Vaporize with every attack.
- Klee’s Pyro DMG output will be massive due to the Vaporize reaction.
- Barbara can easily apply Wet to enemies on cue.
- Diluc will have massive DMG output due to the Vaporize reaction.
- Hydro Elemental Resonance increases healing by 30%.
- Xingqiu’s healing abilities provide additional healing.
- Hydro Elemental Resonance increases healing by 30%.
- Energy Recharge is increased due to two Hydro Characters.
Did you like our guide on Barbara in Genshin Impact? Let us know in the comments below.