Ho-Oh is a legendary Tier 5 Raid Boss and is based on the Greek Mythology creature Phoenix. It also takes some ideas from the vermilion bird of the south. This Pokémon looks like a red peacock and this Pokémon too was born from its ashes. It is also said that when Ho-Oh, a rainbow forms behind it. Ho-Oh is a strong Pokémon to fight against and the right counters and conditions are required to have a winning chance against it. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters with which one can defeat Ho-Oh in the best way possible.
Ho-Oh in Pokémon Go
Ho-Oh is a dual-type Fire and Flying Pokémon with a maximum boss CP of 50064. It is vulnerable to Ice, Rock, and Water-type attacks and it also has a 2x weakness towards Rock type counters. So players need to carry their highest level Rock type options in their team. If the players have strong options in their team, then they can try to go in a duo against this Pokémon otherwise having 4 to 5 trainers together is the safe number if all of them don’t have optimal teams.
The best moves from the moveset of Ho-Oh are Incinerate and Brave Bird. Both of them have a combined DPS of 93.1. It is also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its moveset include Extrasensory, Solar Beam, and Earthquake amongst other options.
Best counters against Ho-Oh in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that one can use against Ho-Oh and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Rampardos: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Tyrantrum: Rock Throw/Meteor Beam
- Swampert (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Aggron (Mega): Smack Down/Meteor Beam
- Rhyperior: Smack Down/Rock Wrecker
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Terrakion: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Manectric (Mega): Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
- Ampharos (Mega): Volt Switch/Power Gem
- Tyranitar: Smack Down/Stone Edge
- Gyarados (Mega): Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Gigalith: Smack Down/Meteor Beam
- Landorus: Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Kyogre (Primal): Waterfall/Surf
- Landorus (Incarnate): Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Aggron: Smack Down/Meteor Beam
- Aerodactyl: Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Aurorus: Rock Throw/Meteor Beam
- Lycanroc (Midday): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Lycanroc (Dusk): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Lycanroc: Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Golem: Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Golem (Alola): Rock Throw/Rock Edge
- Omastar: Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Nihilego: Acid/Rock Slide
- Archeops: Wing Attack/Ancient Power
- Lycanroc (Midnight): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Arcanine (Hisuian): Snarl/Rock Slide
- Xurkitree: Thunder Shock/Discharge
- Sudowoodo: Rock Throw/Meteor Beam
- Zekrom: Charge Beam/Fusion Bolt
- Alakazam (Mega): Confusion/Psychic
- Gengar (Mega): Lick/Shadow Ball
- Crustle: Smack Down/Rock Slide
Rock-type Pokémon is a must to have in the team made to fight Ho-Oh as it has a 2x weakness towards them. Other good options to have are Water-types such as Kyogre, Gyarados, and Blastoise amongst other options.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Ho-Oh counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.