Mega Gyarados is a dual-type Mega Raid Boss and is a fan favorite Pokémon. It’s a dragon-like Pokémon that has a serpent-like shape and is covered in blue and yellow scales. It has white fins on top of its body and a black underbelly. Fins cover each side of its face and it also has a large blue crest on its forehead. It’s a monstrously destructive creature due to the extra stress imposed on its brain due to the Mega evolution. It is a strong Pokémon to fight against and in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters by which it can be possible for the players to defeat it.
Mega Gyarados in Pokémon Go
Mega Gyarados is a dual-type Dark and Water-type Pokémon and has a maximum CP of 4717. Because of its dual nature, it has a lot of possible counter types such as Grass, Electric, Fighting, Fairy, and Bug. Because of this, it becomes a little more possible for the players to defeat this otherwise very strong Pokémon. Even seasoned players are recommended to go in teams of 3 or 5 trainers to fight with it and the trainers should be even more in number if they are not high-level players.
Mega Gyarados Movesets
The best moves from the moveset of Mega Gyarados are Waterfall and Hydro Pump which have a combined DPS of 63.3. It is also the best combination of moves that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other strong attacks from its moveset include Bite, Aqua Tail, Dragon Pulse, and Outrage among many others.
Best counters against Mega Gyarados in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Mega Gyarados and guarantee a win.
- Xurkitree: Thunder Shock/Discharge
- Zekrom: Charge Beam/Wild Charge
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Zarude: Vine Whip/Power Whip
- Lucario: Counter/Aura Sphere
- Thundurus (Therian): Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Conkeldurr: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Tapu Bulu: Bullet Seed/Grass Knot
- Raikou: Thunder Shock/Wild Charge
- Sceptile: Fury Cutter/Frenzy Plant
- Electrivire: Thunder Shock/Wild Charge
- Terrakion: Smack Down/Sacred Sword
- Buzzwole: Counter/Superpower
- Venusaur: Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Machamp: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Magnezone: Spark/Wild Charge
- Zacian: Quick Attack/Play Rough
- Tapu Koko: Volt Switch/Dazzling Gleam
- Breloom: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Meloetta (Pirouette): Low Kick/Close Combat
- Roserade: Razor Leaf/Grass Knot
- Zacian (Hero): Quick Attack/Play Rough
- Zapdos: Thunder Shock/Thunderbolt
- Heracross: Counter/Megahorn
- Gardevoir: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Deoxys (Normal): Charge Beam/Thunderbolt
- Tangrowth: Vine Whip/Power Whip
- Sirfetch’d: Counter/Close Combat
- Hariyama: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Luxray: Spark/Wild Charge
- Blaziken: Counter/Focus Blast
- Lefeon: Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
- Togekiss: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Exeggutor: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Leavanny: Bug Bite/Leaf Storm
- Venusaur (Mega): Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Manectric (Mega): Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
- Ampharos (Mega): Volt Switch/Zap Cannon
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Lopunny (Mega): Double Kick/Focus Blast
Because of its dual nature and having a lot of Counter types, it’ll be easy for most of the players to put forth a strong enough team to fight against Mega Gyarados. They can use versatile options such as Machamp, Togekiss, and Zekrom in there along with other strong Mega Pokémons with the right type of counters.
at are your thoughts about our guide on Mega Gyarados counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!