Mega Ampharos is a dual-type Mega Raid Boss which is yellow in color and has a white belly. It also has conical ears along with black stripes and a red orb on its forehead. This is how Ampharos looks normally but in its Mega form, its toes turn black and it grows white wool at the back of its head and also over its tail. The red orbs in its body start emitting a strong light when it increases the amount of electrical energy within itself. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to find out the best ways and counters to defeat Mega Ampharos.
Mega Ampharos in Pokémon Go
Mega Ampharos is a dual-type Electric and Dragon-type Pokémon with a max CP of 4245. Because of its dual nature, it is weak towards quite a number of counter types such as Dragon, Ground, Fairy, and Ice. These large number of choices being available makes it easier for the players to build the perfect team to go against the battle with it.
Mega Ampharo Movesets
The best movesets for Mega Ampharos are Volt Switch and Zap Cannon. Both of them have a combined DPS of 55.9. This is the best combination that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and also for PvP battles. Some of its other decent movesets include Charge Beam, Thunder, and Power Punch.
Best counters against Mega Ampharos in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Mega Ampharos and guarantee themselves a win.
- Garchomp: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Zekrom: Dragon Breath/Outrage
- Rayquaza: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Salamence: Dragon Tail/Dragon Claw
- Haxorus: Dragon Tail/Dragon Claw
- Palkia: Dragon Tail/Dragon Meteor
- Mamoswine: Mud-Slap/Avalanche
- Reshiram: Dragon Breath/Dragon Meteor
- Dragonite: Dragon Tail/Dragon Meteor
- Dialga: Dragon Breath/Dragon Meteor
- Landorus(Therian): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Latios: Dragon Breath: Dragon Claw
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Landorus(Incarnate): Mud Shot/Earthquake Power
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Exeggutor(Alola): Dragon Tail/Dragon Meteor
- Hydreigon: Dragon Breath/Dragon Pulse
- Darmanitan(Galarian Standard): Ice Fang/Avalanche
- Kyurem: Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw
- Tyrantrum: Dragon Tail/Outrage
- Latias: Dragon Breath/Outrage
- Xurkitree: Thunder Shock/Dazzling Gleam
- Zacian: Quick Attack/Play Rough
- Zacian(Hero): Snarl/Play Rough
- Glaceon: Frost Breath/Avalanche
- Goodra: Dragon Breath/Draco Meteor
- Rampardos: Smack Down/Outrage
- Togekiss: Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Ice Beam
- Weavile: Ice Shard/Avalanche
- Gardevoir: Charm/DazzlingGleam
- Rhydon: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Golurk: Mud-Slap/Earth Power
The dual nature of Mega Ampharos makes it possible for players to use a variety of Legendary Pokémons instead of Mega evolutions. Apart from them Mamoswine, Golurk, Alolan Exeggutor, and Galceon are also decent options to have on one’s team.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Mega Ampharos counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!