Xurkitree is an Ultra Beast Tier 5 Raid Boss with hands made out of cover wiring and feet that look like plugs. It has a head that looks like a treetop or a spiky lamp and a tail that resembles an ordinary household plug. It possesses huge amounts of electrical energy leading up to 1 million volts and anchors its limbs on the ground to electricity from it. Here is the Pokémon Go guide which will help players to find out the best counters against Xurkitree and also the best ways to defeat it.
Xurkitree in Pokémon GO
Xurkitree is an Electric-type Pokémon which means it is weak toward strong Ground type counters. It has a max CP of 4451 and can be a pretty tough Pokémon to fight against. So players should try to have their best Ground type Pokémons on their team to defeat it.
The best movesets for Xurkitree are Thunder Shock and Discharge which have the added DPS of 41.2. This is the best combination for Pokémon gyms and PvP battles. Xurkitree is pretty powerful and it is recommended for trainers to go against it in teams of 3 or 4 people if they want to secure their victory.
Best counters for Xurkitree in Pokémon GO
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Xurkitree and guarantee themselves a win.
- Gengar (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Latios (Mega): Dragon Breath/Psychic
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Garchomp: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Landorus (Therian): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap/Drill Run
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Landorus: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Landorus (Incarnate): Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Latias (Mega): Dragon Breath/Outrage
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Rock Throw/Earth Power
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bite/Drill Run
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Foul Play
- Venusaur (Mega): Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Rhydon: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Gyarados (Mega): Bite/Hydro Pump
- Golurk: Mud-Slap/Earth Power
- Kangaskhan (Mega): Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Absol (Mega): Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Mamoswine: Mud-Slap/Bulldoze
- Lopunny(Mega): Pound/Focus Blast
- Donphan: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Golem: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Steelix: Thunder Fang/Earthquake
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Psystrike
Players should try to avoid using Flying and Water-type Pokémon against Xurkitree as it is pretty strong against them and they wouldn’t be able to win the Battle Raid. Using Pokémons like Golurk, Rhyperior, and Groudon which are strong Ground types will be the best option for the players against Xurkitree.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Xurkitree counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!