Pokémon Go lets you experience all the things a Pokémon trainer would need to do in real life. This requires fighting against Pokémon and catching them too in PokéBalls. After throwing the PokéBall, there is a shaking animation that goes on for some seconds. After this either the Pokémon will get caught or it will break free and you’ll need to try again. Sometimes waiting for this animation can be a bit of a problem for various reasons. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going talk about how you can fast catch a Pokémon using a certain trick that has been used by many players over the years.
Pokémon Go Fast Catch: An Overview
Your reason for trying to speed up the process can vary from the other person trying to do the same. One might want to catch as many Pokémon as possible in a limited time frame. This can be when they are playing while commuting and can’t catch every Pokémon that is coming their way.
You might also have a reason for collecting as much Stardust as possible in a limited time by collecting as many Pokémon as possible. This Stardust can be further used to buy items such as the Lucky Egg and Star Piece. So the Fast Catch technique might help you a lot if you can relate to any of the situations mentioned above or anything similar to it.
How to Fast Catch a Pokémon in Pokémon Go
The use of both of your hands is essential for this trick to work successfully. You can follow this step-by-step process to learn how to Fast Catch a Pokémon in Pokémon Go properly.
- Step 1 – Head over to your Catching Pokémon screen.
- Step 2 – With the help of your nonthrowing hand, swipe the PokéBall switcher icon from right to left. You can also choose to swipe the Berry switcher icon from left to right.
- Step 3 – You’ll notice that the PokéBall drawer has not opened. You should not lift your finger from the screen.
- Step 4 – With the help of your throwing hand, throw the PokéBall at the Pokémon like you would normally. While doing this don’t lift your left finger before the PokéBall hits the Pokémon.
- Step 5 – After this, you will have to finally remove your left finger. Doing this will open the PokéBall switcher drawer. You’ll need to dismiss it as quickly as you can and then press the Escape button right after.
- Step 6 – Doing this will finish the encounter and put you out of it. You’ll need to click on the Pokemon again after this. If it shows Error, it will mean that you’ve caught it successfully. If that’s not the case, you’ll need to repeat this whole process altogether.
Trying to understand this whole process might be a little confusing at first. You might also need to try and practise doing this a few times before you can master it properly after which you’ll have no problem doing it at all. This will increase your speed of catching Pokémon by a lot in the long run. This is because saving some seconds at once might not seem a lot, but it does make a huge impact when we take a lot of catches into consideration.
You might also worry about if you might get banned from Pokémon Go if you try to use the Fast Catch technique in the game. But you should rest assured because a lot of experienced players have been using this trick for a long time now and Niantic has also confirmed that using the Fast Catch trick is not a bannable offense in Pokémon Go.