Sunrise Village is an exciting farming adventure game from InnoGames GmBH, released back in December 2021. Sunrise Village shows up on the mobile gaming market with an innovative concept and a refreshing storyline. This game will scratch your itch for a farming game if you’re patient and thoughtful with your resources and time. So, with all that said, let’s get into the Sunrise Village beginners guide!
The game offers you a basic tutorial that touches on all things you’ll need to learn to get settled at Sunrise Village. You plant crops by clicking on the plating area, then drag the seeds of the desired crop all over the field. Then, you can harvest them sing a sickle that you again drag all over the planted area. To construct buildings, go to the Shop tab in the bottom left, then select Buildings and then choose the desired building. The game will guide you through the rest of the process.
You arrive at a farm in a quaint rural town. You meet your Grandfather there, on the destroyed family farm, and are tasked with helping him to get the farm up and running. But there is a mystery rolling all around the farm. This mystery is in the form of a thick fog that seems to be present in and around the village at all times. The map is big, and as you go on clearing out more areas, you will discover new ones to explore and build on.
Sunrise Village plays out like other similar village management and farming simulation games, and that’s what makes this game easy and fun. You don’t have to learn any complex mechanics or complicated skills to have fun with this. Just sit back and farm, and enjoy your cool drink in the sunshine. Now that we’re done with the gameplay mechanics, let’s get into the beginner’s guide and some helpful tips for new players.
Introducing the basics of Sunrise Village
You make your way to a decrepit, destroyed village. You can play as either a guy or a girl. When you get to the village, your grandpa is present there to greet you. He tells you that a dangerous fog has been surrounding the village for some time now.
The farm has been destroyed, and thorny vines have sprung up all over the village, blocking paths and making it very unsafe to travel to other areas. Your main job is to clear the vines, boulders, and other obstacles around the area and get your grandfather’s farm back on track.
While you start working on the farm, your grandfather tells you that a magical stone circle popped up out of nowhere, right next to the farm. He says that Six Master Crafters placed elemental stones in the stone circle, in order to make this place flourish. But now, the stones have disappeared and so have the crafters. Explore the nearby areas, complete different quests, and get to the bottom of this mystery in Sunrise Village.
Farming in Sunrise Village
Since this is a farming game, farming is the main focus. You can plant different crops in different fields all around your village. You also collect eggs and milk from your animals at regular intervals along with planting those. The game also gives you other buildings like the Sawmill, Quarry, etc, to obtain resources like Plywood, Planks, Sand, Clay, etc.
You will unlock new buildings and new crops as you level up further. There is an “Order Board” near the village entrance. Here, you complete orders from outside the village, the orders include everything you need to deliver, from wheat to plywood. Once you grow crops, harvest them, feed hens, cows, etc and get their produce, send it off to be delivered as required.
Adventuring in Sunrise Village
Besides working on the farm, you can also go on adventures in different locations. Help grandpa solve the mystery of the thorny bushes and thick fog, by visiting the Wise Woman who lives at the top of the mountain. Meet an eccentric inventor and other unique characters along the way. Complete quests for them and gain handsome rewards.
The adventure aspect of this game is polished and well fleshed out. Players will have a good time visiting different areas like the Woodlands, Mount Tshuka, Tungrem Forest, etc. You have to help your grandfather solve the mystery of the missing stones, and restore the stones to ensure peace spreads in the valley again.
Currency and Resources
There are two currencies in this game – Coins, and Diamonds. Coins are the free currency. You get these by completing orders. tasks, quests, etc. Diamonds are the premium currency, but you can also get a small amount of these by completing specific quests that reward you with diamonds.
Getting coins is more important since they are the primary resource. Diamonds are not required because they are used only to speed up the process. This is not necessary if you are patient enough. The best way to obtain coins is by completing orders on the Order Board and completing all the different tasks and quests.
Understanding the Energy System in Sunrise Village
Yes, you read that right, Sunrise Village has an energy system, and you have to carefully manage tasks around it. This means that this game is pulling you in for a long period when you commit to it. This game is kind of a time-waster, and it should be treated as such. Energy is the resource that you should use for exploring the areas surrounding the farm. Managing energy is sometimes tough, but with enough time put into the game, you will get the hang of it.
While your energy is recharging, all you can do is produce resources, fulfill orders, spend time roaming around the village, and enjoy the ambiance. You may have a question in mind: “How do I get more energy if it is such an important resource?”, and we are going to answer exactly that, next. Let’s dive right into it.
How to get more energy in Sunrise Village
We understand if you don’t want to wait forever for your energy to replenish, so, we have some alternatives for you to get energy :
- Sweet Shop – The Sweet Shop is a shop where you can use berries and other fruits to make energy. Just drag the fruits from the bottom of the screen to the energy bar, and you can produce up to 45 energy at once. After that, the Sweet Shop needs to rest for some time to start working again.
- Energy Vials – When you roam around and explore the map, you can find small energy vials strewn about, and you can tap on them to gain a decent amount of energy. These vials can be found lying on the ground in plain sight or are hidden behind trees, rocks, etc. Clear them out to gain that sweet energy.
- Animals – The animals on your farm also provide you with energy. When they produce resources like milk, eggs, etc, their energy bar fills up, and you can collect it, and then let them rest for some time.
- Leveling Up – This is by far the most straightforward way of gaining energy when you need it. Leveling up gives you at least 50 energy at once, which is a big boost when you want to clear obstacles and trees, rocks, flowers, et al. To do this as fast as possible, keep an eye on the Order Board. Completing orders grants you experience, which in turn helps you level up. This leads to you getting massive amounts of energy in your energy bar. Then you can use it as you please.
- Friendship Garden – The last known way to get energy for free is the Friendship Garden. Here, you can choose a Non-Playable Character (NPC) as your friend. Then they will clear obstacles for you by spending your energy. Once your friendship flourishes, the friendship hearts increase. When this happens, the Friendship will level up, and you will gain a substantial amount of energy.
Sunrise Village Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our Sunrise Village Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
- Always save Diamonds. They are useful to buy heat beds, that produce double the amount of normal crops but in the same amount of time as normal crops. And saving premium currency is always better than spending it on menial tasks that are easily completed just by waiting.
- Always keep your factories close to each other. By doing this you can easily cycle between producing different resources without having to walk around the map for a single resource.
- Never sell anything at all. Don’t sell supplies, raw materials, things you found while adventuring, etc. They are far too valuable to sell for a meager price. Instead, they can always be used to make something more important.
- Do not overuse energy. This leads to very quick depletion and then you won’t have the energy required for clearing obstacles that require a lot of energy or completing quests that involve heavy energy usage.
- Reject the orders that require you to produce materials you cannot produce at the moment. Another order will always replace the one you rejected.
- Always plan what you need the most. Never plant unnecessary crops or you will end up wasting time and land for required crops and produce.
Sunrise Village is a fun farming game. The energy system can gatekeep progress a little bit, but using the sources we listed, you can get more than enough energy needed to play the game without stopping for a long time. It is easy on the eyes and doesn’t require extensive knowledge about farming games. Overall, it is a great game to pick up for 5 minutes at a time, clear out obstacles, complete orders, grow crops, and then set it back down again. A great time-killer and playable on long commutes as long as you have an internet/Wi-Fi connection.
That’s all for today’s Sunrise Village beginners guide. Did you find our Sunrise Village beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!