Call Of Duty Mobile has been enjoying great success lately with the new seasons bringing some of the biggest updates of the year for the players across the world. This popular action-packed game will be celebrating two years of global release on October 1st, 2021. COD Mobile Season 8 2021 update has been named 2nd Anniversary and is just a few moments away and we’ve got the early overview on the next major patch update. Throughout Season 8, players will be able to celebrate the 2nd birthday of Call of Duty Mobile with three new events – an Anniversary Cake event, an Anniversary Puzzle event, and a new themed event called Counterattack.
- COD Mobile Season 8 2021: Battle Pass
- COD Mobile Season 8 2021: Multiplayer
- COD Mobile Season 8 2021: Battle Royale
- New Ranking Tiers
- New Limited Time Event/Mode: Counterattack
- Balance Changes and Optimisations
- When will COD Mobile Season 8 2021 start
COD Mobile Season 8 2021: Battle Pass
The 2nd Anniversary Battle Pass for this season features 50 tiers of new free and premium content including a new operator skill, new assault rifle, characters, COD Points, and more. COD Mobile’s Season 7 Battle Pass ends on Thursday, September 23rd, 2021. The new Battle Pass will be available from September 24th, 8 AM PDT (tentative) alongside the rest of the update. This battle pass, just like the previous battle passes will consist of four epic characters and some epic weapons.
Battle Pass Free Tiers
Beef up for the coming attack using the new Lightning Strike Scorestreak unlocked at a certain tier. At another tier, gain access to the new R9-0 Shotgun and M13 Assault Rifle. Start saving up your Weapon XP Cards now so you can unlock their early attachments before taking them out to shred.
M13 Assault Rifle
The M13 is a fully automatic assault rifle that is now available on Test Server. It comes with low damage for an assault rifle (and by most other standards). It requires a minimum of 5 shots to kill out to 30 meters, though this can be lowered to 4 or even 3 shots with headshots.
Past this distance, it will require 6 shots. Fortunately, the M13 comes with a lofty fire rate of 891 RPM. This is faster than most other fully automatic assault rifles, LMGs, and SMGs. Time-to-kill is not particularly fast due to needing several shots to kill, but the weapon’s rate of fire makes it more forgiving when missing a couple of shots.
The R9-0 shotgun is one of the most unique weapons that is currently playable in Call of Duty: Warzone. It is a close-quarter weapon and is regarded among the best in its class. However, if you equip the weapon with the right set of loadout or attachments, it can certainly help unlock its full potential.
Players can fire two shots almost instantly before they need to pump the shotgun again. With a large ammo capacity, this weapon can be used to take down entire squads.
Battle Pass Premium Tiers
Get the Battle Pass for the chance to earn all of the content available in the Elite of the Elite stream. Unlock the new General Sheperd character, along with Alias – Battleworn, Velikan – Volcanic Ash, and the Price – Beanie. Get access to new Weapon Blueprints like the CR-56 AMAX – Tattered Shot, R9-0 – Snakeskin, RUS-79U – War Panel, MK2 – Future Sharpshooter, and the HOLGER 26 – Blood Stained.
COD Mobile Season 8 2021: Multiplayer
Crash – Revamped
The already existing Crash map in Multiplayer is all set to get a new look in the game. Some colorization and some changes in props are to be seen in this revamped version of the Crash map.
New Scorestreak: Lightning Strike
The Lightning Strike is similar to the Mortar Team Killstreak from Call of Duty: Black Ops in that one chooses three target points to deliver a payload on the map. Three FA38 fighter jets rapidly drop bombs on the selected locations, thereby killing its targets much quicker than the mortar team and making it near impossible for the enemy to escape.
When calling in the Lightning Strike, there will be a single UAV sweep shown on the targeting map, to allow players to more accurately using the streak. This UAV sweep will only work the first time the Lightning Strike is used.
New Operator Skill: TAK-5
Lastly, the new Operator Skill – TAK-5 is also adding up to the arsenal as it is there in the test server.
New Perk – Iron Lungs
Iron Lung is a new perk currently available in the season 8 test server. It increases the time a player can steady a sniper rifle’s scope from 4 seconds to 9 seconds. However, holding the rifle steady until the 9-second limit will cause the sniper rifle to sway uncontrollably, and will take 10 seconds before the sniper rifle can be steadied again, thus, it is reasonable to not steady the player’s aim indefinably but just long enough to see a moving target.
COD Mobile Season 8 2021: Battle Royale
New Map – Blackout
Isolated is destroyed, and here comes the new COD Mobile Battle Royale map – Blackout. This is the very first Battle Royale map that appeared in the Call of Duty franchise, which is now coming to Call of Duty Mobile. First introduced in Black Ops 4, Blackout features iconic series locations across a vast landscape including places like Hijacked and Ghost Town.
Originally launched in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Blackout was the largest map in any Call of Duty game ever and featured parts of existing multiplayer maps such as Estate, Nuketown, Construction Site, and many more. In addition to Blackout, the Battle Royale experience is being updated and enhanced. During the Anniversary season, there will also be an exciting new tournament held set on the Blackout map.
- Toned down the on-screen warning visuals when a Poltergeist is nearby
- Active Camo warning distance increased from 35m to 40m after upgrading Poltergeist
- Reduced Active Camo activation time from 2 seconds to 1 second
- Removed holographic effects from Trickster and Trickster decoys (from enemy point of view)
- Added minor electrical effect to active Electrical Trip Wires
- Greatly increased the distance of winged enemies shown by Fly Swatter
- Increased Cluster Strike area radius from 14 metres to 18 metres
- Medic is now able to boost Armor up to 200 for players with 150 Armor or higher
- Master Healer: Healing bonus and reduced time required to bring back knocked down allies increased from 15%/35% to 25%/40%
- When the player is close to the enemy in the wingsuit state, the enemy can receive a direction warning
- Players now receive a directional warning when an enemy using the Wingsuit is nearby
- Wingsuit minimum descent speed has been adjustedIncreased Smoke Grenade smokescreen duration from 12 seconds to 16.5 seconds
New Health System update
The health system has been re-worked and now features Armor to provide additional HP. HP now regenerates over time. When equipped, the Armor provides additional HP to the players. Unlike health, armor does not regenerate. Added the following Armor items: Armor Repair: Increases Armor by 50 Advanced Armor Repair: Increases Armor by 150 Kinetic Armor Overcharger: Increases Armor by 150, then provides an additional 50 Armor.
- Color-coded quality has been removed from weapons
- Weapons now have three mod slots
- Updated existing weapon mods and added new mods
- Increased weapon drop rate
- Arsenal airdrops have been added in addition to ordinary airdrops
- Two Arsenal airdrops are guaranteed to provide customize weapons
- Improved the output of ordinary airdrops
- The base backpack capacity has been changed to 4 slots, which can be upgraded to 6 slots and 8 slots
- The stack limit of the three new armor repair items are 6/2/1
- Max ammo carrying capacity has been reduced (does not affect Backpack slots)
- The overall terrain of Blackout is relatively smooth. To improve the overall balance of vehicles on this map, developers have reduced the maximum speed of motorcycles, off-road vehicles and coupes.
- Durability of some vehicles has also been reduced
Vehicle Mobility Updates
- Helicopter – The mini-map displays the locations of the helicopters in real-time, allowing players to more quickly determine helicopter positions. After this change, players will get to control the number of active helicopters.
- Wingsuit – Developers have reduced the horizontal speed and buoyancy of the Wingsuit to achieve a more realistic feel while gliding
- Optimized the camera while sliding
- Slide distance will now change according to slope and moving speed
- A new quick-swap menu can now be accessed by long pressing the consumable/throwable buttons on the HUD
- Improved the experience of picking up and discarding items
- Optimized the HUD when driving vehicles
- Removed the button to switch between auto/single firing mode
- To improve the drop-in experience, parachutes no longer need to be opened manually
New Ranking Tiers
There is a new Rank Tier now available in the game for COD Mobile Season 8. This new Rank Tier will be available in the Multiplayer as well as the Battle Royale mode in the game. Grandmaster tier has been added to the tier list. Grandmaster is above Master and below Legendary. Moreover, the devs have increased the rate of rank points gained before reaching Grandmaster. Also, they have updated visuals for players ranked in the top 5000. The New Ranked Rewards will commence in Season 8, with some of the key rewards, like the Scylla – Dark Quill operator and Hades – Piercing Hawk weapon blueprint, now earnable at Grandmaster IV.
New Limited Time Event/Mode: Counterattack
This new mode brings Non-Player Characters (NPCs) and PvE gameplay to Call of Duty Mobile Battle Royale for the first time. Players complete missions that are given to them by NPCs and can even recruit NPCs and Mercenaries to help bring back event points in order to progress through the event and earn rewards.
Balance Changes and Optimisations
Multiplayer Weapon Updates
Overall adjustments on Assault Rifles. Also, devs have decreased Damage Range and Damage to arms As they have said, the Damage and range were adjusted to promote higher accuracy when using these weapons.
- AS VAL (with 15 Round FMJ) : Range adjusted from 15 metres-50metres-75metres to 25metres-38metres-75metres. The Damage is now adjusted from 46-45-39-34 to 48-44-35-30. Fire rate decreased from +300% to +200%. Slightly increased vertical recoil. Also, devs have increased hit flinch. Slightly increased firing animation.
- Activision’s Comment: Short range performance is significantly improved, while medium and long range performance has been slightly decreased. After the adjustment, the two – shot kill range is longer than CR 56 AMAX but it will be more difficult to control.
- Sniper & Marksman Rifles: Adjusted one – shot -kill range along with decreasing hit flinch.
- Activision’s Comment: These 2 classes of weapons have been given longer range to compensate for ADS sway when compared against Assault Rifles.
- SKS: Increased damage to arms from 48 to 54. Vertical recoil decreased slightly. Bullet Spread decreased slightly. Hit flinch decreased. Devs have decreased range of motion during animation.
- Activision’s Comment: Devs have increased the two – shot kill range and made reductions to bullet spread, recoil and hit flinch to improve weapon control.
- M21 EBR: Range increased from 62 metres to 65 metres. Damage increased from 60-55 to 91-71. Vertical recoil decreased Hit flinch decreased.
- Activision’s Comment: The M21 EBR now has the ability to 2 shot kill through walls.
- XPR-50: Damage range adjusted from 62 metres to 50 metres. Vertical recoil decreased and also, the Hit flinch has been decreased
- Activison’s Comment: Able to kill in two shots hitting any part of the body. Able to kill with one shot to the head or chest with OWC Stopping Power Reload equipped.
- Rytec AMR
- Headshot multiplier increased from 2 to 3.75
- Headshot multiplier increased from 5.25 to 6.5 (25 × 59 mm Thermite Mag)
- Base mag capacity increased from 15 to 25Mag capacity increased from 10 to 20 (Explosive/Thermite Mag)
- ADS Time decreased from +25% to +15% (Explosive/Thermite Mag)
- Slightly increased movement speedSlightly decreased weapon swap time from 1 seconds to 0.8 seconds
- DLQ 33
- Headshot multiplier increased from 1.8 to 2.3
- Headshot multiplier increased from 1.5 to 2.2
- Headshot multiplier increased from 2 to 2.6
- SP – R 208
- Headshot multiplier decreased from 5 to 4.3 (.338 5 Round Reload)
As the developers have said, in order to bridge the gap between the power level of sniper rifles in BR, they have adjusted the headshot multipliers of various weapons and attachments.
- Increased damage to arms from 26 to 28
- Increased damage to legs from: 23 to 24
Devs have said that they have increased damage to arms and legs to improve overall consistency. After the adjustment, as long as the player hits the upper body with one shot, the target can be eliminated with four shots.
- Increased damage to head from 29 to 32
- Increased damage to chest from 27 to 29
Activision has said that they have increased the damage to the head and chest to bring the PDW57 up to speed with the current meta.
- Premium weapon Camos will no longer upgrade over time.
- Weapons with model changes can now be equipped with Gold, Platinum, Damascus, and Diamond Camos.
- Cluster Strike has been re-worked for players in the game. Missiles will now drop one by one instead of three at a time. The total number and duration of missiles remain unchanged.
- Two new settings have been added:
- Shotgun hit reminder – when switched on, shows which parts of the body were hit
- Damage display setting – when switched on, displays the damage values in Multiplayer and Battle Royale.
- Slide Distance: The slide distance of a weapon is now tied to the move speed of the weapon. The faster the move speed, the longer the slide distance. This means that the slide distance when using the AMR (slowest) has been reduced from 4.37metres to 4.17 metres, while the slide distance when using the Knife (fastest) has increased from 4.37 metres to 5.9 metres. All other weapons fall within this range. Devs hope this change will improve weapon diversity while increasing the value of the movement speed attribute.
Moreover, Developers have made some adjustments to improve sliding for slow-moving firearms. Compared with the previous version, the average distance of the second slide will be farther. Moreover, players can now interrupt climbing by pulling the joystick down while climbing.
Rank Match Optimizations
- Improved skill-based matchmaking when teamed up with 4-5 players
- Updated rank icons and improved visuals when promoted to new rank
- Increased the starting penalty for leaving Ranked matches to 80 points and doubled the compensation received by other players
- Fixed an issue where players could not enter Ranked Match due to system errors and are treated as if they left a match
- Fixed an issue where the Hawk X3 would slow down when aiming downwards
When will COD Mobile Season 8 2021 start
The new season is expected to commence on September 22nd, 2021 and the battle pass season will begin on September 24th, 2021. We hope you enjoy season 8 2021 of Call of Duty Mobile!
We hope you find this COD Mobile Season 8 2021 article helpful. Then, please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below, we’ll make sure to reply to everyone.