miHoYo, the developers of Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact, announced the first closed beta sign-up for their upcoming turn-based RPG Honkai: Star Rail. miHoYo has set up an official website of the game that is now available showcasing the characters and trailer of the upcoming game. However, the sign-up has started on October 8, 2021 at 10:00 (UTC+8) and there will be a later announcement on the exact end date.
Set in the same universe as the popular mobile game Honkai Impact 3rd, the game has yet to be announced its release date. For now, the sign-up is available only for iOS devices and PC. The name Honkai Star Rail was trademarked by miHoYo on August 23 this year. Moreover, it was made public on September 21, 2021, as revealed by trademark bots on Chizai Watch.
Honkai Star Rail first closed beta test: What we know so far
The closed beta test will have a limited number of participants and the Express Crew will randomly choose certain Trailblazers and grant them access to the beta test. Any game account progress will be deleted after the beta ends on the date, which will later be announced. The Express Crew will inform the winning Trailblazers by email and text message to the contact information provided in the survey. Moreover, they will send the installation package to the winners by email.
How to sign-up for the closed beta test
To sign-up for Honkai Star Rail, interested players will need a miHoYo account. If anyone doesn’t have an account, it’s recommended to create one first before signing up for the closed beta. Follow the steps to complete the process.
- Go to the official website of Honkai Star Rail by clicking here.
- From the first page, click on the Enter Sign-up button. It’ll ask you to log in to your miHoYo account. Log in to continue.
- An instruction page will come, read those and tap on Start.
- The survey will ask some basic questions such as your age, device, previous experience with miHoYo’s creations, etc. Answer them.
- The last step will require your email. Type your email address in the box and tap Next. You’re done with the process.
System requirements for Honkai: Star Rail
The game asked for over 10 GB of storage space on the device to download and run the beta test. The iOS requirements are as follows.
- Version: iOS 12 or later
- iPhone: iPhone XS, iPhone XR, or better
- iPad: iPad with Apple A12 processor or better
Finally, if you are one of the lucky ones, you may get the chance to test the game. Take a chance by filling up the form. Android users have to wait a little longer for their chances.
Are you excited to sign up for the Honkai: Star Rail closed beta? Let us know in the comments below!