This January 2024, players will be getting the first Community Day of 2024 in Pokemon GO where trainers will see Rowlet, the Grass Quill Pokemon, and its appearance in the wild. The Community Day will also have many bonuses and research tasks and, many more running on Saturday, January 6, 2024, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
Pokemon GO January 2024 Community Day: Featured Pokemon Rowlet
Rowlet will appear more frequently in the wild during the January Community Day 2024 running on Saturday, January 6, 2024, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
Rowlet Exclusive Attacks
Evolve Dartrix (Rowlett’s Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterward to get a Decidueye that knows the Charged Attack Frenzy Plant. Starting with the event and continuing afterward, Decidueye will be able to learn the Charged Attack Spirit Shackle.
- Trainer Battles: 100 power
- Gyms and raids: 100 power
Four-star Raid Battles in Pokemon GO January 2024 Community Day
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to take on special four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Rowlet to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes! Dartrix will be appearing in four-star raids! Players can only join these raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used to join these Raid Battles.
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once players complete a four-star Raid Battle against Dartrix, an additional Rowlet will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If players are lucky, they may encounter a Shiny one!
Pokemon GO January 2024 Community Day Event Bonuses
- 3× Stardust for catching Pokemon.
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL from catching Pokémon.
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours.
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day.
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- Trades will require 50% less Stardust.
While most bonuses are only active during the three-hour event period, these bonuses will be active from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time.
Community Day Special Research story
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Rowlet Community Day–exclusive Special Research story.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions outlined in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
Are you excited to be a part of the January 2024 Community Day in Pokemon GO featuring Rowlet? Let us know in the comments section below!