With a new year in the cards for us, we have an official announcement update from the makers of League of Legends: Wild Rift about the upcoming Patch 5.0 Cycle coming soon in the game. As per the leaks earlier, there will 3 new champions who will be released in the game. However, the 3 new champions are Syndra, Talon and Kindred. Along with that, we have a lot of dragon-related content on our way with the rework of Aurelion Sol along with some Lunar New Year sneak peek. Let us dive straight into the Wild Rift Patch 5.0 Preview!
Wild Rift Patch 5.0 Preview Update: New champions
Syndra, the Dark Sovereign will be a new addition to the game, ready with her dark spheres to overthrow opponents. A long-range, burst mage, who is skilled at taking faraway fights and can take on opponents with unleashed power.
With his daggers and blades, Talon can slash enemies quickly. An assassin-class hero, Talon is known for its quick speed attacks along with a lot of stealth up his sleeve.
The final champion to be released in Wild Rift’s Patch 5.0 cycle is Kindred. It consists of two entities:
- Lamb: The quick movement speed with the basic attacks
- Wolf: Regulates its other abilities.
Wild Rift Patch 5.0 Preview Update: Reworks
With a completely new set of skills and a powerful passive, ASol will be able to properly scale into the Star
Destroyer, that he’s meant to be.
Other reworked heroes
As soon as the update inches closer, we will delve into what the reworks are in detail, and how these heroes have been revamped in the game to place them in a better position in the meta.
Wild Rift Patch 5.0 Preview Update: Gameplay changes
- Top-laners often feel isolated from the rest of the map and are locked into their one-on-one duels. To improve their situation, we’ve added an Alcove to the Lane. This additional playground gives them the possibility to avoid vision and coordinate with the jungler on new gank strategies.
- The Heart Steel item has been a big hit with the ARAM mode and will be added in the Rift as well.
- Players will now be able to work with a massive Health Pool during the game, as some new items like Titanic Hydra, Spear of Shojin and some older existing items will also be reworked.
- Laning will become easier and Supporting teammates can be done at free will from now, as some periodic siege minions will be replaced with weaker ones.
- There will be changes on the Rift Herald, who will now go to the enemy turret directly in the distance. This update will make things straightforward and will also be highlighted in the mini-map.
More will be broken down later, as a part of the detailed Patch notes, so please look out for more information.
Wild Rift Patch 5.0 Preview Update: New Game Modes
In this section, we will highlight the two major game modes in the next Patch cycle.
- In our last Patch 4.0 Update, Arena was added which was met by the fans who had fun playing and shared some utmost feedback. 20 New Year’s Dragons-themed augments will be a part of this mode.
- Some NPCs will be added to Arena game mode, and now players will be presented with the opportunity to battle an AI host, which means one can be always in action during byes.
- Rank System, new rewards, bonuses, Augments and more are added in the Arena Game mode. In short, there will be a lot of changes in the Arena Game mode.
In the continuous spells in the game mode of URF, Double Cast is a hybrid game mode where abilities will be refreshed in specific windows. Auto-attack-relying champions’ attacks will count as a double hit in the next attack.
Wild Rift Patch 5.0 Preview Update: Ranked Season 12, Events and more
With a new year, comes a new ranked season, along with new skins. Along with Xin Zhao being added to the Ranked Store, let us talk about the Wild Pass and its different rewards briefly.
- Food Spirits Veigar
- Black Frost Renekton
Lunar New Year and Valentines’ Special
Lunar New Year brings the Dragon back, with different rewards for grabs. Therefore, please keep the red envelopes ready for the Dragon Lantern skins. As the patch progresses, we will have a Cupid-throwing Valentines’ Special coming up too!
Here is the list of skins which will be coming in the New Year. This involves the skins from the Dawnbringer/Nightbringer skinlines, along with the High Noon skinlines. Along with those, we have some limited-edition Battle Academia skins and some special skins for the Lunar New Year.
- Akshan Dawnbringer
- Draven Dawnbringer
- Kayn Nightbringer
- Tyndramere Nightbringer
- Katarina High Noon
- Leona High Noon
- Samira High Noon
- Twitch High Noon
- Morgana Lunar Empress
- Nasus Lunar Guardian
- Pantheon Lunar Guardian
- Aurelion Sol Lunar Guardian
- Graves Dragon Lantern
- Zyra Dragon Lantern
- Caitlyn Battle Academia
- Jayce Battle Academia
- Kindred Cat&Dog
- Warden Nautilus
- Syndra Spirit Blossom
That’s all from the Wild Rift Patch 5.0 Update!