Ancient Gods: Card battle RPG is a card deck collection, hero collection, and strategy game recently developed and published by Hexpion Studio. The players are given an enemy, whom they have to attack to win the round/level or series of rounds. They have to draw cards to activate various kinds of defenses and attacks. The players who select appropriate cards with respect to their enemy’s qualities will win the round. In this Ancient Gods Card Battle RPG Beginners Guide, we are going to do a detailed walkthrough of the game and explain the basics with additional tips and tricks.
Ancient gods: Card battle RPG is a strategy game with a unique combination of drawing cards and fighting enemies. As soon as the player enters the game, they are led into the tutorial where the players are shown how to select cards and how to attack their assigned enemies. This game is a combination of a card game, strategy game, and attack game. Players who love these three genres will enjoy the combination depicted in this game.
Introducing the basics of Ancient Gods: Card Battle RPG
The main attacking and playing part of the game is named adventure. When you click on the adventure icon which leads to the game, the players are given three options. The three options represent the type of game modes available for the players to play. The three modes are campaign, endless, and challenge.
Although there are three modes, the basic gameplay is the same. The player has to choose the characteristic traits and attack deck that the player will possess in the game ( In a few game modes, the deck and characteristics are chosen automatically). The player has to then choose from the shuffled cards which represent different attacks and defense modes.
In Spite of these game modes, the player is given the experience of a journey. As the players play through the game, they are given pop-ups of new experiences. For example, when the player wanders through the forest, they find a library where they can learn new skills and earn new rewards and campfires to take a rest in. Many other such pop-ups are shown throughout the game.
At the central focus point of the homepage, we can see a hero, which represents the character of the player. Right next to it is a reload icon, where the players can change the appearance of their character.
On the right side of the screen, there are four arrow-shaped icons in all four directions. The icon pointing right and represented by a shield and sword icon is the adventure icon. Upon clicking this, the player will be taken to the gaming part. There are a few game modes:
- Campaign: In this mode, the player has to choose a map to play the game. New maps are unlocked when the player finishes the missions and quests in the previous maps.
- Endless: In this mode the player has to play the game to set a record for how long the player has played and how many enemies have been defeated. The player can keep breaking their own record to win more rewards.
- Challenge: In this mode, the player has few options, where they can choose the kind they want. Each challenge has a different end goal to finish the level.
On the right side of the screen, there are four arrow-shaped icons and the one pointing up is the summoning icon. In this, the player can summon gods using diamonds and summon shards using gold. The summoning stars can be used here too.
On the right side of the screen, there are four arrow-shaped icons and the one pointing left is the pantheon icon. In this, the player can see a list of characters gained by them. Here, the players can upgrade their heroes using shards.
Introducing the Cards
In the card library, the players can see the types of cards available for them to use in the game. The cards are mainly divided into six types based on their function and effects. The basic six types of cards available are:
- Nature: The nature set of cards consists of cards with nature-related properties and functions like poison, support, and attack. In this deck, a few unique traits cards relate to nature.
- Water: The water set of cards consists of cards with water-related properties and it has cards that have water in frost form too. In this deck, a few unique traits cards have attacks related to water in their different forms.
- Fire: The fire set of cards consists of cards with fire-related properties. These cards consist of lighting cards too. They have a unique set of attack, defense, and support cards.
- Earth: The earth set of cards consists of cards with earth properties along with properties like holy and time too. In this deck, there are a few cards with unique properties relating to earth properties.
- Cursed: Cursed cards are a set of cards that affect the player in a negative way. These cards might make the players lose their health, cards, etc.
- Unique: Unique cards are a set of cards which has special properties and are rare to obtain.
Other in-game features and characteristics
When the player opens the game, they can see a homepage that has many icons to click on which will lead the player to many different parts of the game. The following are the main aspects of the game:
- Library: On the right side of the screen, there are four arrow-shaped icons and the one pointing down is the library icon. In this, there is a list of books. The players can buy them using diamonds. The book list keeps refreshing.
- Card library: On the top left of the screen, the players can see a card library icon. In this, the players have access to information about all the cards available in the game.
- Help: On the left side of the screen, right below the card library icon, the players can see the help icon. In this, the player has access to all the gaming information needed about the game like how skills work, what the element systems work, etc.
- Daily Quest: Right below the help icon, the players can see the daily quest icon. In this, the players can see the daily quests that are finished and ongoing. The players can collect rewards once the quests are finished.
- Achievement: Right below the daily quest icon, the players can see the achievement icon. In this, the players can see the achievements in relation to the game. The players can collect rewards upon achieving tasks.
- Shop and Community: On the top right side of the screen, above the gaming arrow icons, the players can see icons like discord, free summons, and luggage for the expedition. Using these icons, the players can get free summons using online videos, buy the luggage for the expedition and join the community through discord.
- Assets and Settings: On the topmost right of the screen, the players can see how much gold and diamonds they own. And they can alter the game’s settings by clicking on the settings icon.
Ancient Gods: Card Battle RPG Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our Ancient Gods: Card Battle RPG Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
- Follow through the in-game tutorial for basics.
- Before starting to play, go through the help section to learn how to use the game.
- While attacking the enemy, check their attributes to use the appropriate cards.
- Make a note of the ‘Mana’ available and the ‘Mana’ each card requires. Calculate appropriately to get the best results in an attack.
- Make sure to follow up on the mid-game pop-ups to get extra rewards.
- Do not forget to consistently collect rewards from quests and adventures.
- Make sure to upgrade your characters and summon gods and shards.
To be brief, Ancient Gods: Card Battle RPG is a good combination of card and attack games with a hint of strategy. The graphics and smooth gameplay make it a fun game to play. Therefore, don’t hesitate to give it a try, and never forget to refer to this Ancient Gods: Card Battle RPG beginners guide for advice if you run into problems.
That’s all from us for this Ancient Gods Card Battle RPG Beginners Guide! Did you find our Ancient Gods Card Battle RPG Beginners Guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!