Genshin Impact in the Version 3.5 update has reset both Floor 11 and Floor 12 in the Spiral Abyss. In this guide, we will explain the new changes in the current Spiral Abyss, how to clear them in the current Genshin Impact 3.5 patch update, and the most optimal teams that can be used.
Genshin Impact 3.5 Update Spiral Abyss Guide: How to clear Floor 11
Ley Line Disorder: All characters in the party gain a 75 % Pyro DMG Bonus.
- For the first half of Chamber 1, the first wave will spawn both 2 Kairagis. The Kairagis move too much and can get separated unless players bring an Anemo Crowd Control unit to prevent that from happening. The two enemies also deal very high amounts of damage that can one-shot your Active character easily. Another thing to note is that you would want to defeat both the Kairagis at the same time. Failing to do so, for example killing only one of them, will heal the other Kairagi easily, prolonging the fight further. The second wave spawns 2 Consecrated creatures that will follow to your location immediately. These two enemies are especially hard to kill as they deal very high damage that interrupts the active character and prevents them from killing the creatures. This is exactly why players should bring a Shield character on the team as it can absorb the damage effectively.
- In the second half of Chamber 1, the Eremite Desert Clearwater and the Eremite Sunfrost will spawn at the first wave. The Eremites need to be grouped together by an Anemo CC character and deal AoE damage onto them to effectively and quickly finish them off. Be sure to avoid their attacks as they can render you Frozen for quite a long time. The next wave will bring 2 Hydro Mages. Their Shields can be quickly shredded by using Dendro and then Hydro. Due to the introduction of Dendro in the game, Dendro is now the best Element to shred Hydro Shields the most.
- There are 2 waves of mobs spawning in the first half of Chamber 2. In the first wave, 4 Fatui Skirmisher enemies will spawn at the same time. They are fairly easy to defeat. Just use an Anemo Crowd Control character to Swirl them together and deal massive amounts of damage to them. Be sure to kill the Hydrogunner first as he can heal his teammates easily. Cryogunner should be your second target especially when their Shield is up and they deal Cryo damage, effectively freezing your Active character. Quickly kill the enemies before their Shields are up. The next wave is an annoying and arduous one with the game spawning 2 Fatui Cryo Cicin Mage and 1 Mirror Maiden. They deal attacks with long AoE which means that your character will more likely be Frozen up than they can fight. The best advice we could give is to first defeat the Cicin Mages as they take long amounts of time for their Shielding, and afterwards go for the Mirror Maiden. Pyro characters are absolutely required in this half to Shred the Cryo shields.
- The second half of the chamber will bring 18 variations of the Hydro Mimics again that spawn from the Oceanid over-world boss. Some of the Hydro Mimics are easy to defeat while others deal consistent and high damage that increases Interruption. Freeze teams are the most viable team to use here as the enemies can be Frozen which prevents them from dealing any damage. Other teams that deal Elemental Reactions with Hydro also work as well. The only problem that players may face the most is when the Hydro Mimics explode once they are defeated, dealing high AoE damage to the active character. Dodge or use i-frames to render yourself invulnerable to the attacks.
- The first half of Chamber 3 brought in the Jadeplume Terrorshroom again. Refer to our guide for an in-depth analysis of how to defeat the enemy and understand its many attack patterns. To summarize, the Jadeplume Terrorshroom’s weakness is Electro attacks, so players can bring in any Electro DPS characters to increase its Activation, rendering it vulnerable to damage after the Activation is full. Pyro can also work on the JadeplumeTerrorshroom but it will lose Activation and its damage becomes higher. Additionally, players will trigger Burning which will adversely affect your active character so it is advised that you only bring a Pyro-focused team if you have a healer or Shielder in your party.
- The Hydro Hypostasis is back again in the Spiral Abyss for the second half of Chamber 3. The Hypostasis acts just like it does in the overworld only this time it has high amounts of HP. Players can refer to our Hydro Hypostasis Guide to read a more in-depth analysis of how to defeat the boss. In short, bringing a Cryo, Pyro or Dendro character can help deal Elemental reactions related to Hydro (such as Freeze, Vaporize and Bloom). Learn the attack patterns of the boss till the core becomes vulnerable enough to dish high amounts of damage. Once the Hydro Hypostasis reaches a certain HP it will try to revive itself by consuming these certain types of Hydro slime. You must bring a Cryo character in order to defeat all 3 approaching Slimes to prevent the cube from healing.
Optimal Team Comps to use on Floor 11
- First Half: Raiden Shogun, Xiangling, Kaedehara Kazuha, Bennett
- Second Half: Kamisato Ayaka, Shenhe, Sangonomiya Kokomi, Kaedehara Kazuha
Genshin Impact 3.5 Update Spiral Abyss Guide: How to clear Floor 12
Ley Line Disorder: For this floor only, the Ley Line flow will be normal.
- The first half of Chamber 1 has a total of 4 enemies, the first wave being the Eremites. Players should group the enemies together by using an Anemo Crowd Control character. These Eremites have high amounts of HP so grouping them together and dealing AoE damage will prove to be more effective in order to quickly finish them off. The last wave brings a new enemy that has been added in Version 3.5, the Abyss Herald: Frost Fall. Refer to the guide for an in-depth analysis of the new enemy. Just like every other Abyss Heralds, these will produce a Shield once their HP goes down to 20%. In this state, they become invulnerable to damage. The only way to effectively kill them is to take down their Shields. In the case of the Frost Fall enemy, since they procure a Cryo Shield using Pyro characters will prove to be more effective and quicker to take the Shield down.
- The second half is the same as the first half where a group of 3 Eremites will spawn. Crowd Control is recommended to bring. Additionally, this part is particularly hard as the Eremites can freeze you. After the first wave, 2 Abyss Heralds: Wicked Torrents will appear. They work the same as any other Abyss Heralds. One noteworthy to mention is that due to the addition of Dendro in the game, it is more advisable to use Dendro characters to shred the Hydro shields than Cryo characters as Dendro reactions can shred shields more quickly and effectively.
- To start off the second Chamber, the first half brings back the Maguu Kenki: Mask of Terror again. At this point, players may have familiarized themselves with its attack patterns. The Maguu Kenki has a few-second animation where it is invulnerable to any damage inflicted upon it. Use this time window to generate Energy particles for your party’s Elemental Bursts. Use i-frames and dodge in timed precision to avoid its attacks. Be sure to not unleash any damage and Bursts when it is charging up its Attacks as the boss will be invulnerable at that time.
- The second half has 2 phases with both being filled with the Shadowy Husks. In the first phase, 3 will spawn around the same area. Using a freeze team is viable in this way especially when the enemies are grouped together so crowd control is definitely recommended. Bringing a shield character will allow the Shadowy Husks to generate their own Buffs once they attack your active character when you are shielded. Afterwards, the second phase will spawn 3 more Shadowy Husks. Keep grouping the enemies to quickly kill them off.
- The first half of Chamber 3 is relatively an easy one, spawning one Ruin Guard in the first phase and then 2 FrostarmLawachurl. It is worth noting that bringing a shielder or healer is advisable in this section since the 2 enemies will constantly deal high amounts of damage and interrupt your attacks. Quickly remove its Cryo shield to reduce the strong damage output.
- The second half of the floor has one single open-world Boss, the SetekhWenut. Players can refer to our article for an in-depth analysis of the boss. Since this time we are in a Spiral Abyss, there is a certain timeframe in order to defeat the boss as quickly and effectively as possible. The boss stays most of the time underground which reduces the timeframe of dealing damage when it resurfaces from the ground. Luckily, the boss spawns above ground in 4 fixed positions before it can be brought into its vulnerable state. First off, it will spawn at the very centre of the floor, emerging steadily. The next three spawning points are fixed so in that small amount of window time, dish out as much damage as possible. Afterwards, defeat the boss when it emerges and spawns the wind orbs.
Optimal Team Comps to use on Floor 12
- First Half: Hu Tao, Xingqiu, Yelan, Zhongli
- Second Half: Kamisato Ayaka, Shenhe, Sangonomiya Kokomi, Kaedehara Kazuha
That’s it for the latest Spiral Abyss guide in the 3.5 Update!
What are your thoughts on the guide to clear the floors in the Spiral Abyss for the Genshin Impact 3.5 Update? Let us know in the comments below.