Genshin Impact will be releasing their latest patch update, Version 4.3 “Roses and Muskets” on December 20th, 2023. The new update is a much-needed filler patch after the back-to-back map expansion and main quest lore drops. We can now sit back and enjoy ourselves in Fontaine with some previously met friends from Inazuma. The new patch is bound to have an abundance of Primogems in store for us. Free-to-play players should take advantage of the new update and collect those free Primogems. This guide provides the players a rough estimate of how many free Primogems any individual may obtain if they play all the contents of the Genshin Impact 4.3 update.
How to get free Primogems with Genshin Impact 4.3 Update
1. Daily Commissions
The 4.3 patch will run for six whole weeks as usual. Players can gain 60 Primogems for a total of 42 days if they complete their commissions on time before the daily reset hits. A total of 2520 Primogems (42 x 60) can be obtained
2. Spiral Abyss
The Spiral Abyss resets every 15 days from Floor 8 to Floor 12. Each Floor has 3 Chambers where they reward you with 50 Primogems if the player can finish the challenges on time (so the players can obtain 150 Primogems every Floor). A total of 600 Primogems are given each Spiral Abyss rotation. The Abyss will reset about two times during the 4.3 patch meaning you can obtain a total of 1200 Primogems (600 x 2).
3. Paimon’s Bargains (Stardust Exchange)
In the Paimon’s Bargains Shop, there is a section called Stardust Exchange where players can purchase a total of 5 Acquaint Fates and 5 Intertwined Fates in exchange for Stardust (which is obtained by Wishing).
The Shop resets every month on the first day of the week so make sure you buy the Fates before that. According to the patch timeline, players can obtain 5 Intertwined Fates (800 Primogems) in the update during the January 2024 reset.
4. HoYoLAB Daily Check-In
Genshin Impact has a Daily Check-In reward system each month at their HoYoLAB website where players can obtain a total of 60 primogems just by checking in the HoYoLAB App or Website. Tip: Players don’t need to complete the whole month to acquire 60 primogems each, only check in for 18 days straight.
5. Genshin Impact Version 4.3 Update Compensation
When a new patch update hits, Genshin Impact takes a few hours (mainly around 5 hours) for maintenance of the update. After maintenance is done, players can log in to enjoy the fresh new patch update and also receive compensation in their Mail for the maintenance (600 primogems). Be warned that players should claim this mail during the update or else it will expire.
6. Genshin Impact Version 4.4 Livestream
To bring excitement and hype around new updates, Genshin Impact usually hosts a Livestream for the upcoming patch and reveals bits through trailers and discussions. During the Livestream, they bring out three Codes to redeem where each code rewards you with 100 primogems. A total of 300 primogems can be obtained. Be sure to redeem the codes as soon as possible as they expire after 24 hours or less.
7. Test Runs
Each five-star they run banners for during the updates has a Test Run where players can check out the playable characters and how they function. After completing the Test Runs, players can claim 20 Primogems plus ascension materials for said characters.
The new limited character, Navia, and the re-run characters, Kamisato Ayaka, Yoimiya, and Raiden Shogun, will be having their re-run banners during the 4.3 updates hence a total of 80 Primogems can be obtained.
8. Permanent Story and Archons Quests
A new update means new Quests to complete whether they are World Quests, Archon Quests, Story Quests, or a simple Hangout quest. The new 4.3 update has an abundance of quest content that players can fully play and immerse themselves into the story. Each Story and Archon Quest gives us 60 Primogems whereas World Quests vary in terms of content. Here is a complete breakdown of the new quests and the estimated Primogems that players can receive from this permanent content:
- Navia Story Quest Chapter Rosa Multiflora Act I: Braving the Tides Together (60 Primogems)
More achievement tasks are added to the new update of the game, including a whole new Achievement Category due to the new Region, Quests, and Exploration points being added in the game as well as other additions to the expansion which entails more achievements. Completing them all would result in obtaining a total of 20 Primogems.
10. Limited Events
Here is a list of all the limited events we will be getting during the 4.3 update patch:
- Roses and Muskets: This update patch’s Flagship Event. The Steambird reports that Fontainians have been in lively spirits lately. At Paimon’s suggestion, you come to the festival venue, where you have a chance encounter with a certain acquaintance as the curtains rise on this wonderful experience. The Flagship limited event will give players a total of 1000 Primogems.
- Arataki Blazing Armor Beetle Battle Boot Camp: Your diet has been quite plain recently, and Paimon’s been missing the spice of life in food… As such, you head over to Wanmin Restaurant, only to meet several old friends. Thus begins another wondrous round of “training”. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event: 420 Primogems.
- Lost Riches: In the countryside of Fontaine, Ulman is planning the future of his business enterprise. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event: 420 Primogems.
- Dance of Resolute Will: You and Paimon encounter a unique “swordsmaster” while wandering the Fontainian countryside. He is guarding the door to a mysterious Domain, searching for the meaning of battle. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event: 420 Primogems.
- Marvelous Merchandise: Travelers can complete requests from Liben the merchant to receive a chance to open a Box o’ Marvels. Total Primogems to be obtained through this event: 380 Primogems.
11. Miscellaneous Codes and Web Events
To bring promotion to each patch, Genshin Impact releases a few Web Events where players can play a few mini-games through the Genshin Impact website and obtain Primogems as they go by. Codes are also given randomly to redeem as a promotional method. An estimated amount of 160 primogems can be obtained through the events and codes. So keep your eyes peeled on Genshin Impact’s official Socials to learn more!
Maximum Primogems obtainable in Genshin Impact Version 4.3
|Paimon’s Bargains Shop
|(5 Intertwined Fates x 160 Primogems) = 800
|HoYoLAB Daily Check-In
|Version 4.4 Livestream
|Version 4.3 Update Compensation
|Navia Story Quest ACT I
|Roses and Muskets
|Arataki Blazing Armor Beetle Battle Boot Camp
|Dance of Resolute Will
|Miscellaneous Web Events
Total Primogems = 8,440 Primogems (Approx. ~52 Intertwined Fates)
Therefore, as a Free-To-Play (F2P) Player, the total amount of free Primogems you would obtain is 8,440 Primogems (approx. 52 Free Intertwined Fates)
Please note that this is just an estimated calculation and should only be taken as a reference, actual Primogems income can vary a lot with this estimated amount.
Did you find our guide on how to get around 8,440+ primogems for free in Genshin Impact 4.3 update useful? Let us know in the comments below!