New mobs and biomes are among the many new features included in the most recent update to Minecraft, The Wild update. After this Minecraft update, you may encounter a new Miniboss called the Warden in one of those biomes, which is generally referred to as the Deep Dark. This monster is a formidable foe, but it’s also one of the key features of the most recent 1.19 Wild update. Our Minecraft guide will cover the Best tips to defeat/kill Warden.
About Warden in Minecraft
The Warden is a new hostile mob launched in Minecraft 1.19 Wild update. It is recognized as a fearsome predator and nearly impossible to defeat in a Standard Survival Mode. Since it is able to kill players in just one hit, Netherite armor does give you a little extra protection, but still, the Warden is currently one of the strongest enemies in Minecraft.
Additionally, it reduces your field of vision and temporarily blinds you, making it difficult for you to defend yourself against its powerful blows. In addition to its already devastating melee assaults, if that wasn’t horrifying enough for you, it can also unleash sonic shrieks that severely hurt other players. Learn how to gain the finest protection and effectively take down this blind monster that lurks in the shadows by reading on.
Attack Abilities of Warden in Minecraft
The path to defeating a WARDEN starts by learning about them. So let’s get started with Warden’s basic abilities and then understand its attacks.
- Warden is blind. It totally depends on vibrations and smell to find your location.
- It can detect you through blocks.
- Even if a player somehow escapes it, WARDEN can sniff you from about 20 blocks of distance.
- It can Climb on single blocks like any other mobs, however, it cannot break them.
- Due to its low tolerance capability, even the smallest of vibrations can annoy a WARDEN. Once it gets annoyed, it really won’t care that you are a baby mob or a boss, it will for sure attack.
Different effects of Warden in Minecraft
1. Combat Effect
The Warden’s preferred method of eliminating any player is with its Bare Hands. The Warden can kill you in two hits even if you are wearing a full set of Netherite armor. However, if your armor is any weaker than that, it only needs one strike to defeat you.
2. Darkness Effect
This effect is activated all around you the moment a sculk sensor senses your presence. It restricts a player’s visibility to just a few nearby blocks. To find Warden in Minecraft, you can try utilizing the night vision potion, however, its effect won’t reach farther than 6-7 blocks directly adjacent to you. Torches and other similar light sources aren’t very helpful in this situation.
3. Sonic Shriek
Sonic Shriek is used as a final resort if close combat fails or if Warden is unable to reach you for some reason. A long-range Sonic Shriek attack is unleashed from the Warden’s expanding chest. In addition to doing the same battle damage, this attack also throws you back five blocks from where you were standing.
Even the bedrock and liquid blocks are not immune to this onslaught. Keep in mind that only one mob can be the target of this assault at once. As a result, if two players are nearby, this Sonic SHRIEK assault will only be able to kill one of them at that moment.
Locating the Warden in Minecraft
The Warden lives in the Deep Dark biome, which was added to Minecraft in this updated edition. It spawns specifically near the Ancient City. Once you are here, it is time to start the culling game. It’s either you or the Warden and the battle will be a tough one. Similar to the Ender dragon, players can’t get it anywhere else in the survival world.
The Warden is the game’s strongest and best enemy that players can come across. In contrast to the player’s meager hearts, the Warden has 84 points of health or a massive 42 hearts. This demonstrates that the miniboss is the game’s second-deadliest mob and is not simply significantly tankier than you ( the RAVAGER has 100 points of health).
The Warden has a maximum damage of 31 points every strike, whereas Ravager can only inflict 18 points of damage per hit. In addition to killing a player in a single strike if they are unarmored, this will also take two blows to finish them off even if they are fully healthy.
Preparing to kill the Warden
Armour, weapons, and food, lots of food. You need the best of the best enchantments on your items so you can have an easier time dealing with the Warden.
It is recommended that you get an entire set of netherite armor with the best enchantments on each piece. Enchantments like Protection IV are the best to obtain. Granted, obtaining netherite armor is a very grueling task but it is worth the effort.
Though swords and axes have high damage affixed to them, it isn’t a very good idea to get into close-quarters combat with the Warden seeing how it has such deadly melee attacks. Instead, get yourself a bow or a trident or even a crossbow with the best enchantments. Bows are the easiest to manage. If you’re going to use a trident, getting loyalty enchantment on it is the first step, and then you could go for impaling for some extra attack power.
3. Health items
Make sure to stock up on health items to counter the heavy damage dealing powers of the Warden. You absolutely must carry these items with you:
- Enchanted Golden apples and Golden carrots
- Cooked food items
- Multiple potions of healing
There are some additional items you can carry with you to survive the encounter with a Warden:
- Snowballs and Eggs to throw in random directions to distract the Warden.
- Cobwebs and a Bucket of Water to save yourself from fall damage.
- Some building blocks to add some distance between you and the Warden.
- Potions of Night Vision to counter the darkness effects of the Warden.
How to defeat the Warden in Minecraft
- It’s time to enter the Deep Dark, the Warden’s terrible realm, now that you’re prepared to kill him. Start sneaking as soon as you locate the Ancient City and enter it. If you’re lucky, you might find a pair of Swift Sneak pants here, which will make it easier for you to sneak around. Find a space that is open, then dig a pit there with a trapdoor on it to serve as your underground base. For added security, you can include pressure plates and a lever.
- Breaking blocks and running about making noise will spawn the Warden. Then construct a 6-block-tall structure just adjacent to your base’s entrance. If the Warden’s Sonic Shriek knocks you down, you could want to add cobwebs to the top, sides, and bottom of the tower near the opening to help.
- Start firing arrows or tridents at the Warden from the top of the tower once it has gotten close enough to you. Make sure your weapons have the greatest enchantments, such as Punch II or Power V.
- Keep attacking and healing yourself till the Warden is out of health. You can go into your underground base if you’re low on health as the Warden can’t pass through blocks. As an alternative, you may set up an underground trap to slowly murder the Warden.
- Make a tiny underground cave and fill it with cobwebs to do this. After that, add a trapdoor on top of the cobwebs and shut up the remaining space. Activate a pressure plate or a level to cause the Warden to fall into the trapdoor after you’ve attracted it there. Now continue damaging it with sword strikes. When it is about to release its Sonic Shriek, retreat. A good way to reduce injury to oneself is by using wool carpets to absorb its vibrations.
- As an alternative, you may set up an underground trap to slowly murder the Warden. Make a tiny underground cave and fill it with cobwebs to do this. After that, add a trapdoor on top of the cobwebs and shut up the remaining space.
- Activate a pressure plate or a level to cause the Warden to fall into the trapdoor after you’ve attracted it there. Now continue damaging it with sword strikes. When it is about to release its Sonic Shriek, retreat. A good way to reduce injury to oneself is by using wool carpets to absorb its vibrations.
These are the conventional methods to defeat the Warden. The End contains End crystals, which are used to heal the Ender Dragon. They produce a significant explosion when destroyed. In the battle with the Warden, you can make good use of these explosions.
They can also be made. To make a single end crystal, you need a ghast tear, an ender eye, and seven glasses. Place each of those items on top of an obsidian block once you have at least 8 of them made. Simply attack and break one of them when the Warden approaches it to inflict explosion damage. To effectively kill it, repeat this process 8 times.