Cyndaquil is a little quadrupedal Pokémon and is covered with flame-resistant fur which is dark blue on the back of its head and light yellow fur on its underside. It also has four red spots on the back from where flames can be projected out from. It is a very timid and non-aggressive type of Pokémon so in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters to defeat Cyndaquil in Battle Raids quickly and easily.
Cyndaquil in Pokémon Go
Cyndaquil is a Tier 1 Raid Boss with a max CP of 1108. It is a Fire-type Pokémon and is vulnerable to Water, Rock, and Ground-type counters. The vast variety of attacking options against it and its low CP makes it very easy for the players to defeat in just having the right type of Pokémon in their team will be enough for them to win the raid as almost every counter will be useful.
The best movesets for Cyndaquil are Ember and Flamethrower. Both of them have a combined DPS of 50.2 and are the best combination that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its movesets include Tackle, Flamethrower Charge, and Swift. But since it is not that powerful, the players are recommended to not waste their resources on Cyndaquil unless they want to evolve it into its next form.
Best counters against Cyndaquil in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Cyndaquil and guarantee a win.
- Rampardos: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Rhyperior: Smack Down/Rock Wrecker
- Greninja: Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Floatzel: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Swampert: Mud Shot/Hydro Cannon
- Omastar: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Terrakion: Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Starmie: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Excadrill: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Regigas: Hidden Power/Giga Impact
- Garchomp: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Landorus(Therian): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Kyogre: Waterfall/Surf
- Crawdaunt: Snarl/Crabhammer
- Mamoswine: Mud-Slap/Stone Edge
- Landorus(Incarnate): Rock Throw/Earth Power
- Deoxys (Attack): Zen Headbutt/Zap Cannon
- Kingler: Mud Shot/Crabhammer
- Archeops: Wing Attack/Ancient Power
- Feraligatr: Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Golem: Mud-Slap/Stone Edge
- Rhydon: Mud-Slap/Stone Edge
- Sharpedo: Bite/Hydro Pump
- Salamence: Bite/Hydro Pump
- Gyarados: Waterfall/Aqua Tail
- Blastoise: Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Lycanroc(Midnight): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
- Empoleon: Metal Claw/Hydro Cannon
- Golem(Alola): Rock Throw/Stone Edge
Even if the players have none of the Pokémon listed above, they can still use any Generalist Pokémon such as Mewtwo along with others who are capable of dealing high damages like Vapereon and the players should be fine against Cyndaquil.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Cyndaquil counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!