Mega Manectric has a center spike that covers its entire back and connects to its tail whole while deforming into the shape of a lightning bolt. It has two horns on its side which grow taller in size too and the fur around its legs turns blue and its claws turn red only when it’s in the Mega form. It is a decent opponent and players might need to go in groups to defeat it. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters in which one can defeat Mega Manectric with ease.
Mega Manectric in Pokémon Go
Mega Manectric is a pure Electric-type Pokémon with a maximum CP of 4048. It doesn’t have many counter options and is only vulnerable to Ground-type attacks. It is possible to defeat the Pokémon as a duo if the players are experienced enough, otherwise, normal players would need to go in teams of 3 to 5 trainers to have a chance of winning.
Mega Manectric Movesets
The best moves from the moveset of Mega Manectric are Thunder Fang and Wild Charge. Both of them have a combined DPS of 53.5 and are also the best combination that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other good attacks from moveset are Charge Beam, Snarl, and Flame Burst among a few more.
Best counters against Mega Manectric in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Mega Manectric and guarantee a win for themselves.
- Landorus (Therian): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Garchomp: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap/Drill Run
- Landorus (Incarnate): Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Krookodile: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Rhydon: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Golurk: Mud-Slap/Earth Power
- Mamoswine: Mud-Slap/Bulldoze
- Donphan: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Golem: Mud-Slap/Earthquake
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Psystrike
- Haxorus: Dragon Tail/Earthquake
- Regigigas: Hidden Power/Giga Impact
- Flygon: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Gengar (Mega): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Latios (Mega): Dragon Breath/Psychic
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Rock Throw/Earth Power
- Blastoise (Mega): Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Foul Play
- Gyarados (Mega): Bite/Hydro Pump
- Beedrill (Mega): Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb
- Venusaur (Mega): Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
Mega Manectric gets boosted in Sunny weather so players should try to avoid fighting against it in that setting for having an upper hand. All the counters are good enough but they can use other hard-hitting Pokémon which deal in high damage if they don’t have the options stated above. Some good Pokémon to have in one’s team will be Garchomp, Groudon, and Excadrill among other good choices.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Mega Manectric counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!