Tickets for Brazil’s Independent Game (BIG) Festival’s 10th edition are officially on sale! For the first time in two years, Latin America’s largest independent games festival returns as a hybrid event, with attendees able to attend both in-person and online at the São Paulo Expo. The 10th edition of BIG Festival will take place in beautiful São Paulo, Brazil, from July 7 to 10, 2022, and will highlight games, development, business, and networking possibilities from around the world.
BIG Festival 2022 will be held both in-person and online
In-person tickets are now on sale starting today via the official website. The online event will be free to attend beginning July 6, 2022, for those who desire to participate remotely. There’s never been a better moment to check out all of the fantastic games and chances that have propelled Brazil to the top of the LATAM gaming industry, solidifying its position as a key industry hub and trendsetter.
BIG Festival is Latin America’s most important business hub within the video game industry, expanding the gaming ecosystem in Brazil, thanks to the support from Brazil Games, which is organized by Abragames and ApexBrasil. The festival has included the top games from Latin America and throughout the world, as well as big announcements from recognized publishers and industry leaders like Nintendo, Microsoft, Capcom, Newzoo, and others.
BIG Festival 2022 will feature sessions by the best professionals from the gaming industry
More than 200 games will be playable at BIG Festival 2022, which will also have over 120 workshops led by the best specialists in the games industry and over 500 confirmed speakers, including some of the top figures in the field.
With more than 500 speakers by the industry’s leading professionals confirmed, here are just a handful of some of the great panelists that will be at BIG Festival 2022:
- Shuhei Yoshida (Sony Interactive Entertainment): Join the renowned software developer and 30-plus-year Sony veteran as he discusses a range of issues relating to PlayStation’s support for independent games, including why PlayStation thinks independent games are crucial for the industry, the background of PlayStation’s support for game developers, and current examples of activities carried out as part of the PlayStation Indies initiative.
- Adrien Cho (Microsoft): AAA projects frequently involve cooperation with the world’s top external development studios. Listen to the Xbox Game Studios’ viewpoints in this presentation on discovering and collaborating with talent across borders and cultures, including those of 343 Industries and The Coalition.
- Chris Wren (Electronic Arts): Wren supports the organization’s needs for external growth as a member of EA’s XDI team. Four of the best Brazilian studios in the field will teach you about External Development. They will discuss their journeys in terms of how they have grown, significant lessons learned along the way, their experience working with AAA international clients, and the future state of External Development in Brazil with the assistance of Augusto Santana (PUGA Studios), Daniel Monastero (DX Gameworks), Paulo Luis Santos (Flux Games), and Thiago de Freitas (Kokku).
- Takashi Tokita (Producer at SquareEnix): Join Tokita in this session where he will talk about the history and evolution of JRPGs, speaking on some of the iconic titles he has been involved with.
BIG Festival will feature release and promotion of games in Latin America
In 2022, more than 200 games will be available to play in-person and online, including Festival finalists such as:
- Chernobylite (The Farm 51 & All In! Games) – nominated for Best Game and Best Gameplay
- Backbone (Eggnut & Raw Fury) – nominated for Best Game, Best Sound, Best Art, Best Narrative, and Best Gameplay
- Greak: Memories of Azur (Navegante Entertainment & Team17) – nominated for Best Game, Best Game: Latin America, Best Art, & Best Gameplay
- Kukoos: Lost Pets (Petit Fabrik) – nominated for Best Game, Best Game: Brazil, Best Sound, Best Art, & Best Gameplay
- One Hand Clapping (Bad Dream Games & HandyGames) – nominated for Best Game, Innovation, Best Sound, & Best Gameplay
BIG Festival has been providing a platform for newcomers in the industry
Last year’s event saw some major announcements, including Capcom’s presentation about Resident Evil, which featured the first game in the franchise to be dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese, and the launch of a new Job Portal, where companies can find qualified labor and aspiring industry workers can find job opportunities. It was an event that saw over 1,000 registered professionals sign up.
BIG Festival has been a home for crucial business meetings, awards, press coverage, lectures, and the presence of the world’s leading professionals, as well as publishers and investors, for a decade as a valuable venue for novices to the sector and veterans alike.