MOBANewsStrategy

Clash Royale surpasses $3 Billion in lifetime revenue

Clash Royale, a real-time strategy game of the MOBA genre from popular mobile games publishers Supercell has crossed $3 Billion in lifetime revenue, as per the estimate of a Sensor Tower storage intelligence report. The game first launched in March 2016, and it was one of the first mobile MOBA games in both Eastern and Western markets.

Sources of Clash Royale’s lifetime revenue

The United States has generated the majority of the lifetime revenue of Clash Royale to date, summing up to a whopping $925.4 million, or 30.8 per cent of all total revenue. The US is followed by Germany who rank at No. 2 with $266.7 million, or approximately 9 per cent of the revenue, while China 3rd with a total of $204 million, or 6.8 per cent.

Among the stores, Apple App Store accounts for the larger share of revenue, picking up $1.6 billion, or 52.4 per cent of total player spending. Meanwhile, the Google Play Store has generated the other $1.4 billion, or 47.6 per cent.


How many downloads did Clash Royale take to reach $3 Billion?

Clash Royale has accumulated a huge 468.8 million downloads in its lifetime. The U.S. ranks No. 1 for installs as well, racking up 53 million, 11.3 per cent of all downloads. Followed by Brazil closely at No. 2 with 51.7 million installs, or 11 per cent, while Russia is at No.3 with 26.8 million, or 5.7 per cent of all downloads.

A major 73.7 per cent of the total downloads were from the Google Play Store, summing up 345.4 million installs to date. The Apple App Store accounts for the remaining 26.3 per cent, making a total 123.3 million downloads.

Each time a person downloads Clash Royale, it generates an average of $6.40 across both platforms and all markets! Surprised, aren’t you?


Where does Clash Royale rank among other Supercell games in lifetime revenue?

Supercell has been a hugely popular and successful publisher, particularly since the launch of Clash of Clans in 2014. Clash Royale ranks at No. 2 among all Supercell games in lifetime revenue, with Clash of Clans on top the chart with a huge $7 Billion revenue.

Clash Royale lifetime revenue, Clash Royale
Chart of Global player spending in Supercell games (Image Credit: Sensor Tower)

Clash Royale is followed by other popular Supercell titles like Hay Day, Boom Beach and Brawl Stars with a total of $1.4 Billion, $887Million and $747 Million respectively.


Final thoughts

Clash Royale will not only be remembered for its huge sales, but also for being one of the first mobile MOBA games ever. It created a special monetization design which changed the way other mobile games of a similar genre make money. Player spending in Clash Royale reached a record $952.7 million in 2017. Although player spending has declined since, it still is a major revenue generator globally, ranking at No. 63 among worldwide top grossers in June 2020. We hope that players all around the globe keep enjoying the game, generating much more revenue for the game.


That’s all we got for today regarding the news of Clash Royale surpassing a lifetime revenue of $3 BillionWhat is your opinion on this? Let us know in the comment section below.

For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group or Discord server. Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter for quick updates.

Show More

Sreejit De

Student. Passionate about games. Love experimenting with all kinds of things in-game. I have more games on my phone than social networking apps! :D Here for the fun :) Feel free to dm me on twitter or write at sreejitde7@gmail.com.
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Related Articles

Back to top button
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x