Cookie Run fans have witnessed an amazing show by the title’s developers as the franchise showcased their upcoming lineups and shared lots of details about the games. Devsisters Corporation, a South Korean company that is behind the Cookie Run series, has held its first online event ‘Dev Now 2022’, and the persons behind the development of the new titles showcased several pieces of information in front of the Cookie Run community. Now, we’ll take a look at one of the games which are set to release soon, Cookie Run: OvenSmash focusing on gameplay mechanism, characters, and global release date.
Engage in a brawl fighter with multiple modes to choose from
Cookie Run: OvenSmash is a Brawl fighter game with similar mechanics to Super Smash Bros. Players will choose a character among many and the fighting arena will also be their choice. Each character will have their unique abilities and based on the gameplay style of the players, they will choose any characters of their like. Besides, Cookie Run: OvenSmash will keep its focus on competitive gameplay using PVP modes. Also, the game has several modes to choose from and play.
Cookie Run: OvenSmash: Gameplay Features
Cookie Run: OvenSmash has a set of modes and maps to choose from. Here are some of them that we know so far. Excluding these, a lot of new things will be making their way to the game.
1. Wanted Star mode and Faraway Ocean Map
One of the modes is Wanted Star in the Faraway Ocean Map. In this mode, 5 players will form a team together. The objective is to defeat the opposition and collect Jellies to win. Players will have to take the help of palm trees and jump pads to take advantage.
2. Dragon Hill Map
Another map of this game is Dragon Hill. The map is borrowed from Cookie Run: Kingdom. This one has some distinct features from the Faraway Ocean Map. The map has some moving walkways that will help payers to move faster. But from the gameplay, it looks like using the walkways will make players an easy target as well.
3. Battle Royale Mode
This map will blow food lovers’ minds as it is made of Tiramisu, a coffee-flavored Italian dessert. 30 cookies will join in a fight against each other on this map and the last surviving cookie will be the glorious winner.
The map gets smaller as it is floating in strawberry milk and by the lapse of time, the map sinks into it. So, players will have no other option than to join in the fight. The map will have Power Jellies scattered here and there which players could use against the others.
4. Treasure Hunt Mode
This mode comes with a massive map. 10 players will play as a team here. There will be three hidden treasures in different locations on this map. Players have to find them all and take them back to their own goals. Though everything sounds easy, players have to face many challenges to complete their objectives. The Brown Sugar Golem, the Frozen Jelly Wyrm, etc. will hunt players down.
Cookie Run: OvenSmash: Character List
Wide varieties of cookies are waiting for the players in the game. Here are a few of them.
- GingerBrave: It is the primary character of Cookie Run: OvenSmash. He’s got a powerful ultimate skill and a fast-moving slide. He’s mainly for basic uses and so rookies and veterans can use him comfortably.
- Devil Cookie: This one is quite dangerous as it breathes fire. It can shoot flames all over the place. The enemies will never be safe as Devil Cookie can fly as well! It also can transform into its ultimate, The Super Devil Cookie. However, players can put out the fire by jumping into the water.
- Ion Cookie Robot: This cute, round, adorable cookie can shoot water. The more energy a player collects, the more powerful it gets. Ultimate Ion Cookie Robot can shoot water cannons.
- Tiger Lily Cookie: She has the mysterious power of spotting hidden enemies. Tiger Lily Cookie throws her spear towards enemies. With her ride ‘Butter Tiger’, she rides into battle ferociously.
- Blueberry Pie Cookie: She summons spirits that can cause electrical explosions. Her skill can be aimed in any direction.
Cookie Run: OvenSmash: How to play and global release date
Cookie Run: OvenSmash is yet to launch and the expected to release in Q1 2023. So, currently, there are no ways a player can download and play Cookie Run: OvenSmash. But until then, players can head over to TapTap to do the pre-registration. Lucky players will get the chance to participate in the beta (if there is any). Cookie Run: OvenSmash will be out for PC in the winter. The Mobile and Console versions will come at a later date. Thus, we don’t have the exact release date yet.
What are your thoughts about the release of Cookie Run: OvenSmash? Let us know in the comments below!