Hearthstone‘s latest version – the 23.2 updates will be launching on May 10th, 2022. This new update will also bring with it the first-ever Battlegrounds Season, Rise of the Naga in Hearthstone. The new season will bring a Battlegrounds Rating reset, a new hero, and an entire new minion type, the Naga!
New Minion Type: Naga
Naga is spell-thirsty minions that are drawn to magic. They tend to give you spells or get more powerful when spells are played around them.
New Keyword: Spellcraft
Some Naga have the unique new keyword, Spellcraft! Minions with the Spellcraft keyword grant a temporary spell each turn. That spell can give your minions a buff that lasts until the start of your next Recruit phase.
The Queen comes for the Crown in this season
Queen Azshara will be the newest hero to come to Battlegrounds. The Highborne Queen and her people were cursed to live out their days as vengeful Naga. After transforming into Naga Queen Azshara, wave after wave of Naga will be under your command!
Tips and Tricks on how to play with Naga and Spellcraft
Because of their inability to manage their unquenchable desire for magic, the Naga were annihilated. Don’t be one of the unfortunate ones! Here are some pointers on how to use Naga and Spellcraft to their full potential.
- Each Spellcraft minion generates a Spellcraft spell every turn.
- Spellcraft effects only last until your next Recruit phase. That means that each turn you get to choose where you put your spells for the next Combat.
- Spellcraft spells leave your hand at the end of your turn if you don’t use them, you lose them!
- Spellcraft spells are generated as soon as you play the Spellcraft minion and at the start of each Recruit phase.
- If your hand is full, Spellcraft spells will “wait” until there is a free space in your hand, instead of getting destroyed or being delayed a turn.
- Golden Spellcraft minions will generate Golden versions of the Spellcraft spells, with double the effect.
- Some Naga care about when you play spells. That includes Spellcraft spells as well as things like Coins, Blood Gems, and triple rewards.
Lots of new Naga minions will be available this season
Patch 23.2 will eliminate 5 minions from the minion pool, replacing them with 16 new Naga minions, 5 other new minions, and 2 returning favorites! More Naga, as well as Developer Insights and other details, will be published in the coming days. Before all of the improvements are unveiled on May 9th, get a chance to watch as some of your favorite content makers preview some of the future minions and mechanics.
Are you excited about the Hearthstone Rise of the Naga? Do let us know in the comments below!