Niantic has announced that Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon, will be featured prominently during August’s Community Day event. Pokémon Go’s upcoming Community Day for August 2021 features Eevee and an exclusive attack for each of its evolutions. These are commonly referred to as eeveelutions. Players will have the chance to collect multiple Eevees during the event to evolve them into each of the eight choices. In addition, the event will be an extended version of a regular Community Day. Instead of being a single day, it will be stretched out into an entire weekend, from August 13 to 16, starting at 10 AM in the local time zone.
Special attacks available during the Pokémon GO Eevee Community Day 2021
Following are the special attacks each evolution can learn during the weekend Community Day event.
- Espeon: Shadow Ball
- Flareon: Superpower
- Glaceon: Water Pulse
- Jolteon: Zap Cannon
- Leafeon: Bullet Seed
- Slyveon: Psyshock
- Umbreon: Psychic
- Vaporeon: Scald
Players have to make sure to pick their ideal Eevee to evolve during the weekend. Because it’s an extended amount of time for the event, it’s best to pick out an ideal Eevee for each evolution. There will be additional bonuses during the event, but only from August 14 to 15 from 11 AM to 5 PM on each day.
Features and bonuses available throughout the weekend
The following bonuses will be active from Friday, August 13, 2021, at 10:00 AM to Monday, August 16, 2021, at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT −7).
- When you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions, that Pokémon will learna special attack.
- Evolving Eevee into Sylveon will require only 7 hearts instead of the usual 70.
- There will be special Timed Research available that rewards a Mossy Lure Module and a Glacial Lure Module.
- There will be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, an Elite Fast TM, and an Elite Charged TM.
Features and bonuses available during Community Day hours only
The following features and bonuses will be available on Saturday, August 14, 2021, and Sunday, August 15, 2021, from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM local time on each day.
- Eevee will spawn more often in the wild, and there could be a Shiny version.
- Take a few snapshots for a Pokémon to appear.
- Eevee’s Community Day ticket, What You Choose to Be, is available with an exclusive Special Research. This is a paid ticket
- Eggs will require one-quarter the usual Hatch Distance.
- Incense and lure modules activated during the event will last for three hours
Eevee’s Community Day tickets can be expected to go on sale closer to the event, likely a few days before August 13. This will be a special Community Day, given the many evolutions players can choose from, and each of them will be learning brand new attacks. Players regularly use these fully-evolved forms in Pokémon Go’s PvP, which could mean these choices might be used more frequently in the future, shaking up the current meta.
Niantic has been playing with the Community Day format for the past few months. After a successful Pokémon Go Fest 2021, we’re looking forward to seeing what other changes Niantic has planned moving forward in Pokémon Go.
Are you excited about the Pokémon GO Eevee Community Day 2021? Let us know in the comments below!