Niantic announced details for the Pokémon GO annual Halloween event Part I 2022, taking place from Thursday, October 20, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, November 1, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. local time. Pokémon GO’s Halloween event will have two parts. Part I will take place from Thursday, October 20, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, October 27, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Pokémon GO Halloween event 2022 Part I
Trainers can look forward to the following in Part I:
- Pokémon Debuts – The following Pokémon will be available in Pokémon GO for the first time:
- Mega Banette will appear in Mega Raids
- Shiny Galarian Yamask
- Shiny Noibat – Noibat hatched from 7km Eggs will have an increased chance of being Shiny.
- Encounters – Trainers can encounter the following:
- Wild Encounters:
- Zubat, Gastly, Haunter, Spinarak, Murkrow*, Misdreavus, Sableye, Shuppet, Dusclops, Absol, Drifloon, Yamask, Golett, Phantump, Pumpkaboo
- One-Star Raids: Sableye, Purrloin, Yamask, Galarian Yamask, Phantump
- Three-Star Raids: Gengar, Umbreon, Drifblim, Drapion
- Five-Star Raids: Altered Forme Giratina
- Mega Raids: Mega Banette
- Elite Raids: They emerge from unique Raid Eggs that hatch after 24 hours. A Raid Boss emerges for 30 minutes after the Raid Egg hatches, however Elite Raid Bosses can only be faced in person. If you defeat Hoopa Unbound, you’ll get a chance to catch it. Keep in mind that Trainers won’t be able to use Remote Raid Passes to join Elite Raids.
- 7 km Eggs:
- Yamask, Galarian Yamask, Phantump, Golett, Noibat
- Field Research:
- Shuppet, Duskull, Yamask, Galarian Yamask, Phantump
- Complete tasks to earn Mega Energy: Gengar, Absol
- Wild Encounters:
Claim exciting rewards throughout the Halloween event in 2022
Trainers can claim the following during the event in Pokémon GO:
- Featured Attack – Giratina captured during the Halloween 2022 events will know the Charged Attack Shadow Force.
- Event Bonuses –
- 2× Catch Candy, 2× Hatch Candy, 2× Transfer Candy
- Trainers level 31 and up will receive one guaranteed Candy XL when walking with a buddy.
- Trainers will see PokéStops and Gyms decorated for the holiday.
- A remix of the Lavender Town music will be playing nightly during the event.
- Trainers will see a variety of new avatar items in the shop.
- Special Research –Trainers can claim a Halloween-themed Special Research throughout the Halloween 2022 events to learn more about Yamask and Galarian Yamask*.
- Timed Research:
- For $1.00 (or equivalent pricing tier), Trainers can purchase a ticket that grants access to Timed Research featuring encounters with Yamask.
- For $5.00 (or equivalent pricing tier), Trainers can purchase a ticket that grants access to Timed Research featuring increased Candy bonuses, additional Halloween-themed tasks, and an avatar item.
Lucky trainers might encounter a shiny one. Additional information about the event can be found on the official website.
Are you excited about the Pokémon GO Halloween event Part I 2022? Let us know in the comments below!