To welcome its brand new map in the game, PUBG Mobile is hosting an official contest titled Resort Rumble from 18 to 22 September 2022. The event is themed around the new Nusa map, featuring a prize pool of $20,000 where the winner takes the lion’s share of $10,000. All matches will be held in the new 1×1 – Nusa map, its shortest battle royale map to date that features only 32 player lobbies. Moreover, above all the gala arrangements, players will get a chance to play alongside their favorite content creators with Powerbang and Mortal joining as hosts for the finals.
PUBG Mobile Resort Rumble: Format and Schedule
Since registration for the PUBG Mobile event is open to everyone, interested players from a few particular locations can do so on the official discord server. Beginning on September 13, registration will run through September 21 at 5:00 PM PDT. When signing up, players must be at least 16 years old.
Resort Rumble is featuring limited slots on a first come first served basis. The qualifying rounds will be played in solos, starting from September 18 to 21, at 11:00 a.m PDT. All players must be residents of, and actively compete in the competition while residing in, one of the following regions:
- North America: Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, the United States of America.
- South and Central America: Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Virgin Islands, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Oceania: Australia and New Zealand.
The contest will feature a panel of 16 popular content creators, with everyone hosting three games each during the qualifiers. Winners of those three rounds will be joined with the respective creator to form a squad and compete in the semi-finals scheduled on September 22. A total of four matches will be played in the semi-finals, featuring 8 teams per lobby. Each team gets two matches and the top 8 scorers get to move on to the grand finals on the same day, scheduled at 1 PM PDT.
Here’s a detailed list of the dates, times, and other information related to the Resort Rumble event:
- Date: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Semifinals 1: 11 AM PDT (4 games)
- Semifinals 2: 12 PM PDT (4 games)
- Finals: 1 PM PDT (5 games)
- Map – NUSA
PUBG Mobile Resort Rumble: Point distribution and Prize pool
Considering the smaller size of the map, the officials will follow a brand new points structure. Furthermore, as the build of the map encourages players more to engage in gunfights, aggressive playstyle will receive more rewards as each kill here will offer two points instead of one. The detailed structure is listed below.
- 1st Place – 15 points
- 2nd Place – 12 points
- 3rd Place – 10 points
- 4rth Place – 8 points
- 5th Place – 6 points
- 6th Place – 4 points
- 7th Place – 2 points
- 8th Place – 1 point
- Each Kill – 2 points
The winner takes $10K, while the runner will get to bag $4K.
The inclusion of Nusa makes it clear that the developers want to introduce more fast-paced warfare in PUBG Mobile. While this might put off fans of the original battle royale, the mass mobile audience definitely wants more action served at every game. How Nusa fares among the fans remains to be seen, but a star-studded opening such as this will definitely generate quite the enthusiasm to try out the latest map of PUBG Mobile.