Fortnite is a fast-paced action-packed battle royale game from Epic Games. Over the years, it has gained immense popularity among many players. Many open an account with a silly name, just to try out the game but later realize they like it and don’t want to stop playing it anymore they want a better and more classy username for themselves and don’t know how to achieve that. So here’s a brief guide on how to change your in-game username in Fortnite.
Steps to change your in-game username in Fortnite
Generally when players install a game and sign up for their Fortnite accounts, playing the game and enjoying it is more of a priority and they want to get to it. In the process, the players input not so well thought out usernames. After playing the game for some time, they get hooked, regret it, and want to change it.
It’s the same for Fortnite as the players need to input an account name first before signing in. This can be changed later but it’s not so easy to figure out as it cannot be changed directly from the game. The whole process altogether is a bit tedious.
How to change your username in Fortnite
To change the username on the mobile version of Fortnite, players need to visit the Epic Games webpage. They can change their name from there. Here’s how one can do it.
- Open the official website of Fortnite from any mobile browser.
- By clicking on the three dots, one needs to sign in to their Epic Games account by tapping on any method of their choice.
- Enter username and password and then click on login.
- After successfully logging in, one needs to click on the three dots once again after being redirected to the homepage and there they need to click on their username.
- Tap on the Account option.
- Scroll down to Account settings where one can see their display name greyed out with an edit button on the side.
- Click on the edit button and then type in your desired username and click on Confirm and your display name be changed inside the game.
That’s it, you have now successfully changed your username in Fortnite!
Did you find our guide on how to change your in-game username in Fortnite useful? Let us know in the comment section below!