Genshin Impact recently released the new Version 3.2 Update containing the newly released and anticipated 5-star Dendro character, Nahida along with a new 4-star Cryo character Layla. Since 3.0, Genshin Impact has consistently been releasing new and exciting content, including new Over-world bosses to defeat and farm for materials. In the 3.1 Version, they released two new Over-world bosses, one of which was named ‘Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network’. This boss deals with physical damage and has many complicated attacks to deal with. Currently, Candace is the only playable character that requires the Matrix’s character ascension material. In this guide, we will be discussing and giving tips on how to defeat the Algorithm of the Semi-Intransient Matrix of the Overseer Network Boss in Genshin Impact, along with recommending what characters you should be used for the boss fight.
How to Find and Unlock the ‘Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network’ Boss in Genshin Impact
The over-world boss ‘Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network’ is located in the Sumeru region. Players are required to unlock Sumeru in order to have access to the boss. The adventurer’s handbook will pinpoint the exact location on the map, which leads to the Desert.
The boss is found in the ‘Hypostyle Desert’ sub-region in the Desert inside the ‘Dune of Elusion’ and can be accessed by teleporting to the nearby Teleport Waypoint. Unlock the Waypoint in order to spawn near the location of the boss.
Genshin Impact ‘Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network’ Boss: Quick Overview
Description: A perpetual-motion device from an ancient civilization. It governs the many ruined machines that are scattered throughout the desert and still seems to carry the will of its lonely ruler. A perpetual motion machine that rules over the many constructs scattered throughout the desert. It seems that the lonely ruler will still indwell this device.
Perhaps due to a friend’s teachings in a dream or perhaps because he coveted the power of the holy ones in the skies, the king created mysterious devices that should not exist in this world before founding his realm in these lands. Amidst the ruins of the city of a thousand pillars, the ancient crystals still reflect the glory of the golden paradise, though none now live who remember the king’s dreams.
Materials and Items dropped by the ‘Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network’ Boss
- Character Ascension Material: Light Guiding Tetrahedron
- Artifact Sets: Berserker, Instructor, Adventurer, Gladiator’s Finale, and Wanderer’s Troupe.
- Ascension Gems: Vayuda Turquoise Sliver, Vayuda Turquoise Fragment, Vayuda Turquoise Chunk, Vayuda Turquoise Gemstone, Agnidus Agate Sliver, Agnidus Agate Fragment, Agnidus Agate Chunk, Agnidus Agate Gemstone
Genshin Impact: How to Defeat the Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network Boss
This ancient aggregation of machinery hails from the desert and has quirks that modern-day civilizations cannot comprehend. In battle, the Algorithm of the semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network will fire its components out while its core enters an “invisible” state that hides it and increases its Resistance. Use Catalyze reactions to strike this core, or use Electro attacks on it during such times as the fired components have been destroyed and need to recover to cancel this invisibility and cause the core to be immobilized due to overclocking. If you fail to cancel the core’s invisibility for too long, the Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network will begin to display its power by using a mighty overclocked attack.
Attack Patterns and Abilities
The Semi-Intransient Matrix leaves 3 types of parts on the field and becomes invisible, gaining +200% of all Resistance. The parts will attack the on-field character and can be damaged.
- Repulsor Parts: Chases the player and deals 50% ATK as Physical DMG on contact.
- Reshaper Parts: Deals 50% ATK as AoE Physical DMG on landing. When two Repulsor parts are present, an energized beam will form between them, dealing 20% ATK as Physical DMG to players that come in contact.
- Prospector Parts: Periodically fires an energy beam at the player, dealing 50% ATK as Physical DMG.
Destroying a part will force the Matrix into a recovery state, where it attempts to repair its broken parts and then reveals itself. Hitting the parts using Electro during this recovery state will immediately end the invisible state and paralyze the Matrix for a period of time. While being repaired, the parts are infused with Dendro, allowing Bloom reactions or Burning to be triggered. The parts have HP equal to 10% of the Matrix’s Max HP. They also slowly lose health and will be destroyed after the 60s without taking DMG from an external source.
When destroyed, a part will generate 4 Energy orbs that restore a total of 24 base Energy for the player. This Energy restoration is affected by Energy Recharge. Directly inflicting a Quicken reaction on the invisible Matrix will also paralyze it. (In the Spiral Abyss, this ability is highly prioritized.) After becoming invisible, the Matrix will immediately teleport a few meters forward in the direction that it is facing. After some time, it will start to slowly move around and periodically stop near its parts.
It is possible to locate the invisible Matrix using certain abilities that target automatically, such as Fischl’s Nightrider and Yae Miko’s Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura. Alternatively, one can apply a debuff to the Matrix, and the debuff indicator will remain visible. Locating the invisible Matrix is especially helpful in teams capable of triggering Quicken, as it removes the need to destroy the parts entirely.
The Semi-Intrasient Matrix has a total of 8 attack patterns throughout the whole boss fight. Some of these attacks occur depending on the state of the Matrix. Players are advised to look into the different attacks and learn how to dodge and avoid them.
- Laser Zone: Marks a large area, within which it fires countless lasers, each dealing 50% ATK as Physical DMG. This attack is always used at the beginning of the fight, and will only be used once per fight. Since the lasers don’t follow you, simply move away from the damaged area.
- Repulse: Generates a force shield that pushes the player away, dealing 40% ATK as Physical DMG on hit. This attack is used after recovering from a paralyzed state. Time the shield and use I-frames to quickly dodge the attack.
- Reshape: Fires a bolt that strikes down at the player’s location and drills into the ground, dealing 50% ATK, and 70% ATK as AoE Physical DMG. This attack is used after recovering from a paralyzed state. Just like before, time the attack and run away from the bolt when it hits.
- Prospect: Fires out a large energy beam at the player, dealing 100% ATK as Physical DMG. This attack is used after recovering from a paralyzed state. Gauge the animation of the energy beam and move away once it shoots.
- Tracking Laser: Locks onto the player and fires a large tracking laser beam at the player, dealing 70% ATK as Physical DMG. This attack is used if the player destroys a part but fails to hit it with Electro during the recovery state. As it locks onto the player, time the laser beam and uses I-frames to move away from its attack.
- Laser Barrage: Fires many lasers at the ground in front of it, dealing 50% ATK as Physical DMG. This attack is used if the player destroys a part but fails to hit it with Electro during the recovery state. Move away from the laser barraged area to avoid damage.
- Missile Blast: Fires a large missile at the player, dealing 100% ATK as Physical DMG. This attack is used if the player destroys a part but fails to hit it with Electro during the recovery state. Time with the missile animation and quickly dodge away.
- Overclocked Attack: If the Matrix stays in its invisible state for too long, gathers all of its parts and draws energy before releasing a large shockwave that expands outwards covering the entire arena, dealing 100% ATK as Physical DMG, then becomes paralyzed for a period of time. Hitting the parts using Electro while this attack is charging immediately paralyzes the Matrix. While this attack is charging, the parts are infused with Dendro, allowing Bloom or Burning to be triggered. Since it’s an area-wide attack, quickly apply electro in order to avoid the shockwave.
- System Shock– Defeat the Algorithm of the Semi-Intransient Matrix of the Overseer Network in its overclocked, overloaded state. Defeat the boss while it is paralyzed after completing its overclocking attack.
- Daisy, Daisy– Break the Algorithm of the Semi-Intransient Matrix of the Overseer Network by hitting its cores with the Quicken, Aggravate, or Spread reactions.
- Establishing a Beachhead– Witness the overclocking impact of the Algorithm of the Semi-Intransient Matrix of the Overseer Network. Allow the Algorithm of the Semi-Intransient Matrix of the Overseer Network to perform its Overclocked Attack.
- The Invisible Hand– Defeat the Primal Construct without disabling its invisible state.
Genshin Impact Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network Boss Guide: Recommended Characters and Team Compositions
There is no required team composition that players must need, although there are a few required Elements to bring for the fight. Since the Semi-Intransient Matrix stays invisible a lot of the time, players must bring an Electro character in the party that can apply consistent Electro onto the Matrix’s Repulsor, Reshaper, and Prospector parts. Players should also bring a Dendro character to the party that can constantly apply Dendro to trigger Catalyze reactions as these reactions can easily weaken the Over-world boss.
The Matrix has many different types of attack and it can prove to be very difficult to learn and memorize the many attack patterns, so bringing a Shield character is recommended. Only deal damage when the Matrix is paralyzed as it can be difficult to inflict damage when it is constantly moving. Here are some recommended characters to bring for the Semi-Intrasient Matrix boss fight:
- Electro DPS/Support: Cyno, Fischl, Yae Miko, Lisa, Sara, Raiden Shogun
- Dendro Support: Nahida, Collei, Tighnari
- Shield Support: Zhongli, Diona, Thoma, Noelle
That’s how you can beat the Algorithm of the Semi-Intransient Matrix of the Overseer Network Boss easily in Genshin Impact.
Did you find this guide to defeating the Algorithm of the Semi-Intransient Matrix of the Overseer Network Boss in Genshin Impact useful? Let us know in the comments below!