Honor of Kings’ Private Ear is one of the most unique and special characters that are present in the game. She is a cute little kunoichi, that has both the damage and mobility to quickly take down enemies. Private Ear is officially listed as a marksman by the game developers, which is right as she has a range attack and kit that are all range damages. In this guide, we will talk about Private Ear and his abilities, her best team compositions, and her best builds in Honor of Kings.
We have previously discussed how to master playing with other Honor of Kings heroes like Diaochan. So make sure to check these hero guides as well. For now, let’s focus on Private Ear.
Private Ear’s uniqueness, however, is that although built to become a marksman, she is certainly more suited to be played as a jungler, a ranged assassin, instead of the farm-lane babysat marksman that most marksmen are built for. This is, due to her having a huge damage burst, especially in the early game to clear the jungle camps with her first skill and even destroy enemies with her dash then a huge burst of damage with the first skill. Additionally, her ultimate is made exactly for trapping unsuspecting enemies and being able to maneuver past them or around them all the while keeping her distance and destroying squishy to medium defense targets.
In this Private Ear guide, let’s see what are her abilities in Honor of Kings, and when you can use which skill to get the best out of her.
Passive – Going Undercover (Vision, Damage)
Going undercover is the passive skill of Private Ear, which allows her to sense nearby movement and pick up the trail of enemy heroes that grants her and her team vision for 1 s. The skill has a cooldown of 6 s after activation. Additionally, this skill allows Private Ear to jungle efficiently, as she can identify monster weak spots, thus allowing her to deal 10% extra true damage to monsters.
Skill 1 –Target Sighted (Damage)
CD – 10 seconds
Mana – 60
This skill is the bread and butter of Private Ear, and it is the main source of damage for her. In this skill, Private Ear marks an enemy with a Dark Mark that explodes after 4 seconds, Her basic attacks also place 1 stack on the dark mark that stacks up to 4 stacks, with each stack making the dark mark deal extra damage equal to its base damage of 80 (65% Physical Attack) physical damage. Additionally, she also gains 40% attack speed and 75 attack range when using this ability.
Skill 2 – Wheel Away (Damage, Dash)
CD –11 seconds
Mana – 80
This skill is considered to be the kiting skill that was given to Private Ear. Here, she launches her blade in the target direction and catches it on the other end. She becomes untargetable when using this skill. Additionally, the blade deals 200 (50% Physical Attacks) to enemies in the path and reduces their movement speed by 50% for 2 seconds. Lastly, the blade leaves a scorch mark in the ground for 2.9 seconds that deals damage to enemies.
Skill 3 Bladestorm (Slow, Damage)
CD – 36
Mana – 130
This is Private Ear’s ultimate skill, where she throws her blade in the target direction and then triggers a blade storm for 5.4 seconds, which deals 215 (75% Physical Attack) to enemies hit and 75 (35% Physical Attack) to enemies within the range every 0.5 seconds while also slowing them by 50%. The enemies in the inner circle also receive double the blade damage and also place Dark Marks.
Best Arcana build and Spells for Private Ear in Honor of Kings
The best Arcana Build for Private Ear as a jungler would be:
Reaver, Hunter, Eagle Eye, and Calamity
Hunter helps Private Ear to kite enemies and even chase down running low-health enemies that need to be finished off. Next reaver, it gives lifesteal to her which would be invaluable especially in the early game jungling as marksmen are relatively more squishy in comparison to more traditional junglers that are assassins and fighters.
Eagle Eye is a staple for any physical damage dealers, especially marksmen, with its physical attack additional and physical pierce capabilities. Calamity gives a critical rate to the character which is always important as dealing a crit may be the deciding factor if you would be able to kill the enemy that you are trying to duel in the jungle.
As said above, what makes Private ear more unique than any other marksmen that are currently available in the game, is that she is a self-sufficient jungler rather than a babysat farm lane hero. Her spell should be smitten, as this is an automatic spell for the junglers that want to farm in the jungle efficiently.
Best Builds for Private Ear in Honor of Kings
Although, this build order is not set in stone, as they can build around the enemy team compositions. This is an overview of what to build Private Ear for at her best possible build order without considering the enemy team composition and/or laning phase match-up.
- Boots of Dexterity: This boot is mainly known as the attack speed boot, which gives the player the 60 movement speed bonus that all other boots give, but has an additional 25% attack speed. This is important for Private Ear to be able to procure her first skill as early as possible to avoid having the enemies escape without being able to pop up the mark.
- Repacious Bite: This is a jungler-only item that can only be bought by having smite. This item unlocks the Smite Aura within the first 10 minutes and reduces the damage to minions by 25%. Additionally, it gives 60 physical attacks and 8% movement speed.
- It has two passives.
- Sharp increases physical pierce by 30-100 scales by level.
- Hunter increases damage dealt to monsters by 30% and reduces damage taken from monsters by 25%, granting an extra 30% exp and 20% gold to its wielder.
- It has two passives.
- Axe of Torment: This item or weapon is a huge power spike for the burst potential and kill potential of Private Ear. This gives an additional 85 Physical attacks, a 15% cooldown reduction, and a total of 500 max health. It has an additional 2 passives that would help Private Ear in ganking so much.
- Sever increases physical pierce by 58-170 scales on a level that would help destroy and jungler matchups.
- Maim: When a skill lands a hit, slows the first enemy hero hit by 10% for 3 seconds with a cooldown of 8 seconds.
- Daybreaker: Another on-hit item that gives an additional 100 on-hit damage to range heroes, and a physical piercing of 40% that is sure to shred tanks out of the game. It also gives the player, 50 physical attacks, 35% attack speed, and 10% critical rate.
- Eternity Blade: This item is a high critical hit-reliant item that serves the high damage rate of Private Ear well. It gives him an additional kick into her attack and destroys enemies. The item gives 110 physical attacks and a 20% critical hit rate and has a passive.
- Relentless gains 20% critical damage and every 2% critical chance, increasing the critical damage by 1% up to 50%.
- Bloodweeper: This is one of the sustain and defense items that the Private Ear would need if the player is planning to become an actual ranged assassin, instead of being a marksman, that needs the protection of the support and/or tank of the team. This item gives 100 Physical attacks, 25% Physical Lifesteal, and 500 Max health. This also gives the passive of revive: Recovers 400-610 health within 5 seconds when the health of the character drops to below 30%, with a cooldown of 20 seconds.
Honor of Kings Private Ear Guide: Gameplay Tips
Private Ear is a medium-difficulty hero when only considering her main kit of having big bursty damage, dash, and continuous slow and damage that is easy to use. However, her complexity and difficulty to use mostly come on where the players will find her most effective on, which is the jungle. In the jungle, she is not considered the conventional choice for the role.
This brings learning how to jungle with her a learning curve. It is important to learn kiting and keeping control in the jungle camps and always having your eye on the map to find teammates that would need help and/or objectives that are in need to be contested or be taken for free.Our Honor of Kings Private Ear guide includes the perfect game plan for the early, mid, and late games of the game. However, a player must have a good understanding of the map to get the most out of any hero.
At level 1, the skill that should be taken first would be the first skill as this will have the most damage and buff that she would need in clearing the first few jungle camps, especially the buff. She can usually start in the red buff near the farm lane, as red buff will give additional on-hit damage to her and huge sustain potential as it gives regeneration to the players.
In this phase, players must try to avoid face-to-face confrontations with the enemy jungler as much as they can deal with them straight up at this stage will be asking to lose the matchup, instead, the player should opt to go a bit more pokey, where you can fight them while kiting and just popping your first skill against them and then going away after dealing the early damage that you can before they reach you fully.
The mid-game is where Private ear shines the most, as after buying her core item, she can burst the enemy squishy heroes from 100 health and 0 health in a blink of an eye. This is where as a jungler you should start your spree of ganks into the lanes, especially in the mid and farm lanes where you can get kills and pressure to open up the objectives in the river ultimately giving you two advantages in one play.
Team fights are not your speciality so it would be best to have your team continue their respective laning phases and go into fights that are 2v2 2v3, 3v3, and the such to further maximize the damage potential of Private Ear.
In the late game, although Private Ear falls a tad bit in comparison to its shine in the mid-game where nobody can challenge you, still poses a huge threat to the enemy carries and squishy as you would still have the ability to destroy them in one full combo of your skills and auto attacks.
In this stage of the game, players transform more into a marksman than an assassin, where it would be better to lay back and let the frontlines do their jobs and deal damage only when you think it would be safe for you to do so this would lead to you having to deal more damage to the enemy front lines. However, unlike normal marksmen, it would be better to commit to a squishy carry of the enemy team when you see the perfect opportunity for assasination.
|Heroes that counter Private Ear
|Heroes Private Ear can counter
Private Ear is an extremely volatile and explosive hero that can dish out huge amounts of damage to the enemy but can also be assassinated easily.
Private Ear is a very easy hero to learn the mechanics of the skill and the way how her kit works and interacts against enemies but is a learning curve to truly master how to use it efficiently. The players using her would need a substantial amount of experience in the game to gain the required game sense to jungle effectively in the game, especially using a marksman, assassin, or jungler which is usually a harder early game in the jungle without learning where to go and when to time perfectly ganks and fights for objectives in the river and such.
Using Private Ear would depend highly on the overall game sense and knowledge and the level of how one can predict the movement and intent of the enemies. She is a very interesting and fun hero to master as players would need more than a few games to become a good jungler in the game.
Learning all these things such as objective control, lane management, and deciding between strong lane to weak lanes, are huge responsibilities for one player to have and having these skills are also not transferable when playing lane in contrast to usual skills that can be transferred as long as you are playing in the lanes.
That’s all for today’s Honor of Kings Private Ear Guide. Do you prefer to use Private Ear in any other way? Let us know in the comment section below!