Netmarble, the company that has developed games like Marvel Future Fight, Seven Knights, Star Wars Force Arena, etc, has an IP called Kuya. On this IP, Netmarble makes cute little animated videos with very adorable personalities. Recently, Netmarble has brought out a brand new game featuring these cute characters titled Merge Kuya Island. In this article, we will discuss the beginners guide for Merge Kuya Island, along with some tips to let you amateurs enjoy this venture to its fullest.
A very beautiful, peaceful island is home to little creatures called Kuya. Life on the island is great, everything is peaceful, and the Kuya are living together in harmony. But, out of the blue, a dark force invades the island, polluting the land and turning it into dirty land. The only one who can save the island now is our character, called the Spirit Keeper. That is essentially the whole story. We have to make sure that we reclaim all the corrupted land, and turn it back to the paradise it once was.
Introducing the in-game Characters
When we start the game, we are introduced to a few characters, the Kuyas. These Kuyas are the residents of the island, hence the name Kuya Island. All of the Kuyas live here together and tend to their crops, and just go about their daily lives. When we start the game, we are introduced to the following Kuyas:
- Onion Kuya: The Onion Kuya kind of acts as the manager of the island. In the game trailer, the Onion Kuya is the one who was away from Kuya Island at the time of the corruption, and he is the one who introduces us to the island and to our duties.
- Celery Kuya: Celery Kuya is an adorable pink Kuya. She also helps us with understanding various gameplay aspects.
- Riceball Kuya: A floofy soft riceball-like Kuya.
- Napa Kuya: A green, cabbage-looking Kuya.
There are other Kuyas that we can unlock, and we will meet them at the later stages of the game.
Understanding the in-game Resources
Following are the resources and important elements in Merge Kuya Island:
- Coins: The resource used mainly for purchasing Kuya noms. One Onion Kuya nom costs up to 20 coins. Without building a Bank, these coins can’t be stored. After building a Bank, this limit can increase up to 25 at the beginning stages of the game. Unlike other games, the coin storage here is not a huge number.
- Lumber: Lumber is used to construct buildings. Buildings that can be built at the early stages are the Bank and the Storage. The Storage indeed enables you to store more Lumber.
- Gems: The premium currency in the game. Used to speed up the construction of buildings.
- Book Of Wisdom: The encyclopedia of Merge Kuya. Information about every single resource can be found in the Book Of Wisdom.
Mastering the Gameplay basics of Merge Kuya Island
The gameplay takes place on the main island where we have regular gameplay, and on the Adventure island, where we can take on different challenges, like Time Attack challenges, which involve solving different puzzles. It adds a new element of enjoyment to the game.
The gameplay of Merge Kuya is very simple. We just have to merge 3, or more 3 units of the same thing. When we merge 3+ of anything, they get upgraded. An example of this is the Kuyas. The very small, sleeping Kuyas are called “Noms”, and they are kinda like flower buds. When 3 Noms are merged, we get a Baby Kuya. Upon merging 3 Baby Kuyas, we get a Tiny Kuya, and so on. Right at the end, we get the final, adult Kuya.
So, what we have to do is to merge everything we can, ranging from kuyas to buildings, we merge everything. The more we merge, the more upgrades we get. A great thing about this sort of gameplay is that the results are instant. There are no wait timers, and seeing the results immediately provides a sense of satisfaction. Well, the construction of buildings does take time, but that is the only time-consuming part.
Besides merging, we also have to purify the dirty lands by unlocking them. We can unlock it after completing different quests. These corrupted lands are healed through Healing Essence. The more you go on merging healing essences, the more powerful essences you can get.
Merge Kuya Island Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our Merge Kuya Island Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
- Upon starting the game, make sure to use the basket of Napa Kuya noms, and merge them to form your first baby Napa Kuya.
- Small flowers and bubbles keep flying across the screen. Always tap them, as they can contain resources.
- Merge every single thing that can be merged.
- Most importantly, have fun! Merge Kuya is a very fun, casual game, so explore everything you can!
So go ahead and give it a try! If you find trouble, don’t hesitate to fall back on this Merge Kuya Island Beginners Guide for tips.
That’s all from us for the Merge Kuya Island Beginners Guide! Did you find our Merge Kuya Island beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!