Marill is a dual-type Pokémon that is small, blue, semi-aquatic, and rodent-like. They have round ears which are red on the inside. These are incredibly sensitive and can detect distant sounds. It is a Tier 1 raid boss and quite a number of different types of counters work against it. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best counters and ways against Marill and how to finish the battle raid easily as it is a very weak Pokémon and shouldn’t take too long to beat it.
Marill in Pokémon Go
Marill is a dual-type Water and Fairy Pokémon which automatically makes it weak towards Grass, Electric, and Poison-type counters which gives the players quite a vast range of attacks to use against it. It has a max CP of 521 and later evolves into Azurmarill.
The best movesets for Marill are Bubble and Aqua Tail and both of them have a combined DPS of 43.6. It is the best combination that can be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. It is a decent option to consider but it is not recommended as the number of resources that the players need to spend to power it up is not worth it in the end.
Best counters against Marill in Pokémon GO
Here is the list of the best counters that one can use against Marill and guarantee themselves a win.
- Xurkitree: Thunder Shock/Thunder
- Thundurus (Therian): Volt Switch/Thunder
- Celebi: Magical Leaf/Leaf Storm
- Roserade: Poison Jab/Grass Knot
- Maractus: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Exeggutor (Alola): Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Porygon-Z: Charge Beam/Solar Beam
- Exeggutor: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Tapu Bulu: Bullet Seed/Solar Beam
- Leafeon: Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
- Jolteon: Thunder Shock/Zap Cannon
- Zapdos: Thunder Shock/Zap Cannon
- Deoxys (Attack): Poison Jab/Psycho Boost
- Gengar: Hex/Sludge Bomb
- Magnezone: Charge Beam/Zap Cannon
- Magneton: Spark/Zap Cannon
- Zarude: Vine Whip/Power Whip
- Vikavolt: Spark/Discharge
- Tapu Koko: Volt Switch/Thunder
- Darkrai: Snarl/Sludge Bomb
- Breloom: Bullet Seed/Sludge Bomb
- Shyamin(Sky): Hidden Power/Grass Knot
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Solar Beam
- Thundurus: Thunder Shock/Thunder
- Nihilego: Acid/Gunk Shot
- Muk: Acid/ Gunk Shot
- Sceptile: Fury Cutter/Frenzy Plant
- Regigigas: Hidden Power/Giga Impact
- Arcanine: Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
- Manectric: Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
Marill has so many weaknesses that this list could go on forever but even if the players somehow don’t have any one of the counters listed above, they can still defeat this Pokémon by using any powerful Mega Pokémon or any other powerful legendary Pokémon which has been caught by the players with neutral coverage and as long it’s not a Rock, Ground, Fire type.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Marill counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!