Mega Alakazam is a yellow-colored Pokémon that has a human-like figure and fox-like features. It is known to carry two spoons which can be used to fight against opponents using strong telekinetic powers. It is a Mega Raid Boss and will be available for the Psychic September 2022 event which will last from September 6, 2022, at 10 am to September 12, 2022, at 8 pm. In this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to find out the best ways and counters to defeat Mega Alakazam.
Mega Alakazam in Pokémon Go
Mega Alakazam is a pure Psychic-type Pokémon which means it is weak towards Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type counters. This means players have a long list of Pokémons to choose from which makes it easier for them to fight against it because it is a pretty tough opponent and would be tough to defeat otherwise. Mega Alakazam has a max CP of 4936 which makes it quite steady and durable in battles.
Mega Alakazam Movesets
The best movesets for Confusion and Psychic. Both of them have a combined DPS of 53.6 which makes them the best combination to be used in Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Its moves are more powerful in its Mega form and Psycho Cut is another good enough option.
Best counters against Mega Alakazam in Pokémon Go
Here is the list of the best counters one can use against Mega Alakazam and guarantee themselves a win.
- Gengar(Mega): Lick/Shadow Ball
- Houndoom(Mega): Snarl/Foul Play
- Absol(Mega): Snarl/Payback
- Gyarados(Mega): Bite/Crunch
- Beedrill (Mega): Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Scizor(Mega): Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Hydreigon: Bite/Brutal Swing
- Charizard(Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Latios(Mega): Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw
- Giratina(Origin): Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Darkrai: Snarl/Shadow Ball
- Blastoise (Mega): Bite/Hydro Cannon
- Lopunny(Mega): Pound/Hyper Beam
- Hoopa(Unbound): Astonish/Shadow Ball
- Chandelure: Hex/Shadow Ball
- Hoopa(Confined): Astonish/Shadow Ball
- Gengar: Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Yveltal: Sucker Punch/Dark Pulse
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Pidegot (Mega): Gust/Brave Bird
- Latias(Mega): Dragon Breath/Outrage
- Charizard(Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Aerodactyl (Mega): Bite/Rock Slide
- Weavile: Snarl/Foul Play
- Manectric (Mega): Snarl/Wild Charge
- Zarude: Bite/Dark Pulse
- Tyranitar: Bite/Crunch
- Vikavolt: Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut/Shadow Ball
- Deoxys (Attack): Poison Jab/Dark Pulse
- Yanmega: Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Honchkrow: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Absol: Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Pinsir: Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Venusaur(Mega): Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
As Mega Alakazam is the highest rated Psychic-type attacker, players are recommended to go in groups of 3 or 4 players while using their strongest team members to ensure their victory as it will be tough to win otherwise if they don’t have the right counters under their sleeves.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Mega Alakazam counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!