The much anticipated Legacy Trainer Showdown mode finally arrived in the Pokémon Unite MOBA. With trainers like Leon, Korrina, and Cynthia to play against, this event surely has a lot to offer. In the Pokémon Unite event guide, we’d be taking a look at the basics of the Legacy Trainer Showdown event and everything it has to offer. Do read it till the end.
Pokémon Unite Legacy Trainer Showdown Event Guide: Details breakdown
Legacy Trainer Showdown Event Duration
- Start: September 9, 2022
- End: October 7, 2022; 11:59 PM UTC
How to start the Legacy Trainer Showdown Event
There are 2 ways to access the event:
- Access from the main menu: Players may access the Legacy Trainer Showdown mode by selecting the newly added button beside the Unite Battle button. This will take players to the Legacy Trainer Showdown event screen, where they can also check the progress of the missions and exchange rewards.
- Access from Unite Battle Interface: Players may find this game mode in the Standard Battle option of the Unite Battle menu. In both cases, they would need a Trainer Battle Ticket to play a game of Legacy Trainer showdown.
Trainer Battle Tickets
As said earlier, players would need Trainer Battle Tickets to play each game of the Legacy Showdown event. Also, players would get 1 Free trainer battle ticket every day, when they log into the game. When they use it up, they may visit the Items section in the Aeos Emporium to buy a Trainer Ticket for 200 Aeos Coins.
Game Mode Difficulties and Requirements
There are 4 difficulty levels for a game in this mode. The levels and the requirements are as stated below:
|Casual||Trainer Battle Ticket x1|
|Intermediate||Trainer Battle Ticket x1 +Win 1 time on Casual|
|Expert||Trainer Battle Ticket x1 +Win 2 times on Intermediate|
|Extreme||Trainer Battle Ticket x1 +Win 3 times on Expert|
Hence, it is evident that to play at a certain level, you would need to play its preceding levels.
Pokémon Unite Legacy Trainer Showdown: Event Mechanics
Legacy Trainer Showdown is basically a new Standard Battle format game mode. Here, five players will team up to fight powerful, A.I.-controlled trainers from across all Pokemon generations in a standard match in Theia Sky Ruins. However, at lower difficulties, all of the renowned trainers do not arrive. They only arrive at higher difficulties. The renowned legacy trainers and their Pokemon are as follows:
|Cynthia (Generation 4)||Garchomp|
|Korrina (Generation 6)||Lucario|
|Leon (Generation 8)||Charizard|
|Raihan (Generation 8)||Duraludon|
|Green (Generation 1)||Blastoise|
These trainers are all A.I. controlled. However, things do get tough at higher difficulties.
Legacy Trainer Challenge Missions: List of Rewards
As a result of completing Legacy Trainer Challenge missions, players can earn trainer Battle Coins. They can exchange these Battle Coins to exchange exclusive items for this event. The missions and respective obtainable Battle Coins are as follows:
|Win a Legacy Trainer Showdown battle on Casual 1 time.||Trainer Battle Coin x5|
|Win a Legacy Trainer Showdown battle on Intermediate 1 time.||Trainer Battle Coin x5|
|Win a Legacy Trainer Showdown battle on Expert 1 time.||Trainer Battle Coin x10|
|Win a Legacy Trainer Showdown battle on Extreme 1 time.||Trainer Battle Coin x20|
|Participate in Legacy Trainer Showdown 4 times.||Trainer Battle Coin x5|
|Participate in Legacy Trainer Showdown 8 times.||Trainer Battle Coin x5|
|Participate in Legacy Trainer Showdown 12 times.||Trainer Battle Coin x10|
|Participate in Legacy Trainer Showdown 20 times.||Trainer Battle Coin x20|
|In the Legacy Trainer Showdown format, win 5 times.||Trainer Battle Coin x10|
|In the Legacy Trainer Showdown format, win 10 times.||Trainer Battle Coin x10|
Hence, you actually might have to play through all difficulty levels. Also, remember that you may only collect 25 Trainer Battle Coins per day (excluding the 5 free Battle Coins you’d receive as a login bonus), irrespective of the missions you complete daily.
Trainer Battle Exchange List of Rewards
The following are the exchangeable items for Trainer Battle Coins:
|Trainer Outfit (Leon)||Trainer Battle Coins x160|
|Pose (Leon)||Trainer Battle Coins x35|
|Background (Leon)||Trainer Battle Coins x30|
|Background (Charizard)||Trainer Battle Coins x30|
|Sticker (Leon)||Trainer Battle Coins x20|
|Energy Boost Tank x1||Trainer Battle Coins x25|
|7-Day Battle Point Boost Card x1||Trainer Battle Coins x20|
|3-Day Aeos Coin Boost Card x1||Trainer Battle Coins x20|
|Item Enhancer x80||Trainer Battle Coins x40|
|Aeos Ticket x10||Trainer Battle Coins x5|
Tips to complete the event
In this section of the guide, we will uncover the tips and tricks to complete the event.
- Players can log in Daily and do collect the free battle ticket every day.
- They can play the matches with their friends and squad. Winning becomes easier.
- Remember that, people may purchase extra Battle Tickets from the Aeos Emporium for 200 Aeos Coins. Though they may buy it an unlimited number of times, do not forget that you may only collect 25 Trainer Battle Coins per day (excluding the daily 5 Battle Coins for logging in), irrespective of the missions you complete daily. Hence, only use Tickets as long as you don’t reach the 25 Battle Coin mark.
- For a few days, use up the energy boost tanks, earn extra energy and exchange it for Fashion Items, instead of Boost Emblems. The Fashion Items option includes x320 Aeos Coins as a reward. You might need these coins to purchase Battle Tickets.
- For higher difficulties, it is best to run equip score-stacking Held Items like Attack Weight and Sp. Atk. Specs to get ahead in stats. Since the enemy A.I.is not aware of this mechanic, you will have an easier time reaching the full stacks, even during the early game!
- Remember that, when the match time reaches the 5-minute (5:00) mark, the opposing team will automatically surrender if your team is leading by 300+ points. However, if the number is not met at that time, the opposing team will surrender when the lead reaches 500+ points. So, try to have a head start and score plenty of goals as soon as possible.
Players should keep the said tips in mind and get Leon’s attire in no time. Leon’s pose is surely another sumptuous reward from this event. They should keep following our news articles to know about the latest events in the MOBA game. For now, the countdown to Dodrio‘s arrival begins.
What are your thoughts on the Legacy Trainer Showdown Event in Pokémon Unite? Let us know in the comment section below!