Since it launched a few months ago, Apex Legends Mobile has offered players searching for a taste of Respawn Entertainment’s mobile services a reliable alternative battle royale experience. Now that the newest installment of the mobile game is almost here, Respawn and Electronic Arts have given us a preview of what it will have to offer. The next season update in Apex Legends Mobile, named Distortion will launch on August 23rd, and it’ll bring both, a new map and a new playable Legend.
Introducing Crypto, the new legend
Secrets are the specialty of Crypto. He utilizes aerial drones to covertly spy on his opponents in the Apex Arena. He is a skilled hacker and an expert in encryption. His name is Tae Joon Park, and he joined the Apex Games to track down those who falsely accused him of murder. He also has a secret of his own.
Tae Joon, an orphan who was abandoned at a young age, and his foster sister Mila Alexander joined the Mercenary Syndicate as computer engineers to escape a life of misery. In the Apex Games’ internal computer systems, Tae Joon and Mila one day discovered an algorithm that could predict the outcome of each match. That attracted the wrong kind of attention; the following day, Mila.
That attracted the wrong kind of attention, and the following day Mila vanished, forcing Tae Joon into hiding after being falsely accused of killing her. Because sometimes the spotlight is the best place to hide, he has now entered the Games in an effort to clear his identity.
Crypto’s Abilities in Apex Legends Mobile
- Passive: Neurolink – Enemies and traps detected by your surveillance Drone are marked for your squad within 30 meters range.
- Tactical: Surveillance Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone to surveil your surroundings. The drone detects enemy squads and battlefield hazards.
- Ultimate: Drone EMP – Your Drone sets off an EMP blast that deals Shield damage, slows enemies, and disables traps.
Moreover, Crypto’s drone has been redesigned for Apex Mobile. Now, the Drone can follow Crypto and automatically track nearby enemies for periods of time.
Crypto’s Perks in Apex Legends Mobile
- Self Destruct: Destroyed drones explode after 3s, slowing and damaging enemies caught in the blast.
- Hidden User: Become semi-transparent when controlling drones.
- System Scan: Your drone reveals an enemy’s HP and armor after 3s of scanning.
- Shut Down: Your Ultimate also damages HP but cannot kill an enemy.
- Lag Bomb: Your drone can launch an EMP bomb that slows and deals damage.
- Salvage Operation: Your drone can retrieve items.
- Battle Adaptation: Using your Finisher adds 100 points to your EVO Shield.
- Restart: Using your Finisher instantly repairs your drone or reduces your Ultimate cooldown by 30%.
- Interrogator: Using your Finisher reveals the location of your target’s squad on the mini-map.
Kings Canyon updates in Apex Legends Mobile
Town Takeover: Pythas Theater
Pythas theater lands at Airbase in Kings Canyon. Fight your way through Rhapsody’s POI-altering song to claim your reward! With Encore Galore and Pythas Theater, King’s Canyon is the place to be so party up and party down!
VIP Supply Bins
New VIP supply bins can be found all across Kings Canyon! Open VIP Loot Crates to collect your VIP pass and gain access to crates containing powerful gear.
With the release of Hyperbeat, we’re introducing a new ranked split as well as adding in additional Ranked Rewards. With that, we’re going to be resetting your rank as we did at the beginning of Distortion – similar to the reset that occurred at the beginning of the previous season. Additionally, new Ranked rewards will be available to the higher ranks so jump in and compete to show off your skills!
New Battle Pass
Get ready to drop a Hyperbeat on your enemies and light up any lobby with new looks for Lifeline, Mirage, Pathfinder, weapons, and more!
Bug Fixes and Optimizations in Apex Legends Mobile Hyperbeat update
- Optimized the volume of Rhapsody’s tactical and ultimate abilities to reduce interference to squadmates.
- Fixed an issue where Rhapsody’s Legend selection VO would not play properly.
- Fixed an issue where Gibraltar’s Dome Shield would persist if affected by Fade’s Ultimate ability.
- Fixed an issue where Loba’s Black Market would not be destroyed by Airdrop supply bins or Replicator Drops.
- Fixed an issue where Loba’s Black Market would leave residual VFX after disappearing.
- Hack mode adjustment: ADS beam color changed from blue to red.
- Optimized minor zipline interactions.
- Optimized terrain collision including climbing actions and other movements on box-shaped terrain.
- Fixed several forbidden zone issues on Kings Canyon.
- Fixed several areas with unclimbable terrain on Kings Canyon.
- Fixed several areas of the map causing movement issues that caused players to become stuck.
- Fixed an issue that enabled Loba to access out-of-bounds areas with her bracelet.
- Fixed some out-of-bounds areas that players were able to access.
- Anti-cheat improvements.
- Improved emulator bypass detection.
- Optimized the in-game messaging violation detection algorithm
- Added sanction strategy for teaming behaviors with cheaters
- Fixed some special characters not visible in-game
- Many other fixes and improvements
Store Vault changes in Apex Legends Mobile Hyperbeat update
The devs have introduced a new mechanism that will boost the drop rates for cosmetic Eternal items in the Store Vault starting during Hyperbeat! The drop rates of the Eternal cosmetic items in the pool rise as you draw from the Store Vault up to a certain cap (as set forth in the in-game Store Vault odds disclosures).
After you pull an Eternal cosmetic item, the higher drop rates will reset. We appreciate your ongoing comments about Apex Legends Mobile. For further information, please refer to the in-game Store Vault page’s drop rates and other regulations and disclaimers.
We hope you find this Apex Legends Mobile Hyperbeat update article helpful. Then, please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below, we’ll make sure to reply to everyone.