Earlier this month, Activision and Tencent Games had decided that they will implement a Monthly Seasonal model in Call of Duty Mobile, which would make it easy for players to know when the new season will begin and end. So May will be bringing COD Mobile Season 6 which is named as Wild West Update
At the beginning of April 2020, COD Mobile Season 5 Update, a.k.a Steel Legion Update arrived in the game. As the month draws close, so does the season 5 of COD Mobile.
As expected, the COD Mobile Season 6 – Wild West Update is bringing a host of new features including a new ranked mode season for Battle Royale and Multi-player, new modes, and new maps among others.
COD Mobile Wild West Battle Pass (Season 6)
In the upcoming COD Mobile Wild West Update, Battle pass goes Vintage!
1. Battle Pass rewards
Premium Battle Pass
- Saddle up with Ghost – Cowboy and Seraph – Desperada
- New Heatstroke weapons, featuring the all-new Outlaw sniper rifle
Free Battle Pass
- Unlock the new Outlaw (default skin) in the free Battle Pass
- New Operator skill, Annihilator, will also be unlockable.
2. New Tier levelling System
In the upcoming COD Mobile Wild West update , a new tier levelling system has been introduced for the players.
In this new system:
- Battle Pass tasks have been removed.
- Players now level their Battle Pass by playing games. Participating in Multiplayer, Battle Royale, Limited Time modes all grant Battle Pass XP.
- Your Battle Pass XP summaries can be found at end of match reports.
COD Mobile Wild West: Multiplayer mode
The COD Mobile Wild West Update brings in some new modes to the Multiplayer section. Here’s what upcoming in the next season:
- Capture the Flag: Gold Edition
- A 3-round mode where players protect their gold while attempting to steal their opponent’s gold. First to win 2 out of 3 rounds takes the crown!
- Available on Rust, Crossfire, Crash, Raid, Hijacked and Standoff
- 1 v 1 Duel
- 3 rounds, 1v1, may the best one win. Loser picks weapon on next round. First to 2 wins becomes the victor.
- Available on Saloon, Killhouse and Cage
- Kill Confirmed
- Players collect downed enemy dog tags for points, or downed teammates dog tags to deny points. First team to 40 confirmed kills wins
- Available on Standoff, Crash, Raid, Summit, Cage, Takeoff, Meltdown
- During a limited time special event, play Kill Confirmed to earn new rewards
2 New Maps for Multiplayer modes
With the new season update, COD Mobile gets two new maps added to the section. Unfortunately, no new maps have been added to the Battle Royale section. All the maps will be playable in Multiplayer section.
- The first map is the Rust, an iconic MW map. To know more check here
The Rust Map will be available for these game modes:
- Search & Destroy
- Team Deathmatch
- Snipers Only
- Gun Game: Team Fight
- Gun Game
- Free For All
- Rapid Fire
- 2v2 Showdown
- Capture the Flag
- Kill Confirmed
- Sticks and Stones
2. Next on the line is the Saloon map which debuts as the second original Multiplayer map for COD Mobile.
The Saloon map will be available for these game modes:
- 2v2 Showdown
- 1v1 Duel
Along with this , now you will be able play the Prop Hunt Mode in Firing Range map.
Tactical Equipments and Operator Skills
A new tactical equipment gets added to the MP section , Cryo Bomb. This will create a freezing explosion affects all enemies near the blast radius.
Also , players now will have a new operator skill to use , Annihilator. This new operator skill is capable of shooting the enemy in enemy range. Annihilator is just like any other gun, but it kills the enemy in only 1 shot, it also comes with an Aim assist which means it will create a red zoom area around the enemy and if you shoot anywhere in that area it will still kill the enemy.
COD Mobile Season 6 – Wild West: Battle Royale mode
Although the COD Mobile season 6 update doesn’t bring in new maps for Battle Royale mode, it does bring in a host of new features.
The first one that we get is Battle Royale Class: Poltergeist
By using this class , players will become nearly invisible for a short duration while also alerting nearby enemies. The farther you are from enemies, the more hidden you appear. Using weapons will break this effect. This battle royale class will be available in late May.
Next comes something which is almost a relief for every player. A defensive flare will be adding to the helicopter which will enable the players to defend their aerial vehicle from incoming FHJ-18 rockets.
Recently, the very preferred location, Aerial Corvette disappeared from the map. To everyone’s delight, Aerial corvette is returning to COD Mobile. But, certain adjustments and improvements have been done. You can check our detailed Aerial Corvette guide here
- Aerial platform location is no longer fixed and is not always present
- Aerial platform can be reached by strategic ziplines
Addition to this, two new weapons will be added to the weaponry section, S36 and GKS. Also, Annihilator revolver will be the additional item to what the players were getting in the Airdrops.
When is the new season arriving?
The COD Mobile Wild West Update has already arrived on May 1. Update now to own the new features and savour the battle in the new areas.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to drop them in the comments below.
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, make sure to follow GamingonPhone on Twitter and Instagram.