Earlier this year, the Pokemon Company announced its upcoming 5v5 Pokemon 5v5 MOBA game, Pokemon Unite, in partnership with Tencent’s TiMi Studios. And as usual, the game created a huge hype among both the Pokemon fan community and the mobile gamers community. However, the scene was silent after the announcement in June. But recently, the company had its second wave of internal testing and this leaked some information about Pokemon Unite.
In case you do not know Pokemon Unite will have a different mechanism of winning a game. Unlike the regular MOBA games where the games are mainly focused on destroying opponent turrets, Pokemon Unite’s winning condition is based on the collection of points. However, without further ado, lets take a look at the new information that has been revealed about Pokemon Unite recently.
Recent Pokemon Unite leaks
- There are a total of 5 roles / Classes in Pokemon Unite – Strike / Power, Support, Standard / Balancer, Defense, Speed
- Characters are categorized into 3 types of usability – Beginner, Medium, Advanced / Master
- 2 types of attacks based on the range – Short-range and Long-range
- Players can sort the pokemons based on the recruit time or the release time
- Pokemons evolve at level 5 and level 7
- Pokemons learn new moves at level 1, level 3, level 5 and level 7
- Players can only choose 1 of the 2 moves each time from the same move group (moves become powerful with the increase in level)
- Each Pokemon will have its basic move. However, as it learns the 3rd move, it will forget the basic move. the 3rd move can be unlocked at level 9
- Strong wild Pokemons generally shows up randomly in the center of the map during battles. Even Legendary Pokemons like Zapdos and Pokemon from Gen 8 like Drednaw can show up like this. And defeating them will give you more points than defeating regular Pokemons
- There are rare items like Candy or Sitrus Berry. And they add special effects in that match
Details about the available Pokemons
|Pokemon||Role / Class||Usability||Attack Range|
Pokemon Unite release date
Although the internal tests are going on for Pokemon Unite, the game still doesn’t have an exact release date. We’ll update the information as we get to know the release date. Until then, you can just check out the gameplay if you haven’t.